XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez dude read my response again. I was responding to 2 of you guys at once. I know you work at XPO. And I called no individual a troll. I just put that disclaimer out there for any that might be. I'll be more gentle next time. I'll just say "for all you guys that like to come to the board to stir up crap". Is that better. Know I am off topic sorry up north
You know alot of these people talk the talk but dont walk the walk, you see them on everyone elses board but thats not a troll only everyone else is, its not their fault though its the way they work they can have everything that matters taken away but they dont need any help its always in their best interest!

This thread has done gone "runawaytrain" again. It seems to be heading in the direction of the FedEx union thread. It was inevitable.
I don't think so at all. This is a good thread. I haven't read anything outrageous yet. Everyone is having a discussion that needs to be had. Organizing is a FACT and not discusssing that fact won't make it go away. No trolling going on as far as I can read and my reading comprehension is excellent.

Yes I see them every nite but it's too early what would you like,too know and I will do my best to ask them
Wanted to bump this again. I asked you earlier to ask XAU drivers why they did what they did? What were the issues that pushed them to do this?

You know alot of these people talk the talk but dont walk the walk, you see them on everyone elses board but thats not a troll only everyone else is, its not their fault though its the way they work they can have everything that matters taken away but they dont need any help its always in their best interest!
I've never posted on another board. Have a good day

That goes right back to my point. I care about the financial health of the company I work for. Hiring drivers when you don't have to just to fill a certain classification? That great logic. God bless your brothers when the company goes bankrupt for stupid stuff
With your way of thinking the airlines will have janitors flying planes when pilots are off!!

From the way it sounds to me it's the uncertainty of xpo they see it as more long boxes crappier insurance and pay reduction along with stealing vacation again
But none of that has happend yet? There are certain issues at my place that are starting to get the natives restless. Lack of respect for seniority, favoritism, management doing whatever suits them for the day etc. Were there any local issues?

But none of that has happend yet? There are certain issues at my place that are starting to get the natives restless. Lack of respect for seniority, favoritism, management doing whatever suits them for the day etc. Were there any local issues?
Almost all of the things that people are complaining about now are things that have been brought up in the past ( in some version ) - The more things change , the more they remain the same.

Well I think that's at every terminal just my opinion I will talk more with them tomorrow night I know they have management issues

I sure hope everything stays about the same or better for the next couple of decades. I'm considering buying a house sometime in the early part of next year. I don't need all this while purchasing a house.

I don't wanna rain on your parade but I'd hold off on that just my opinion

Well, I don't know. I appreciate the advice. It's hard to know what to do really.

I'm not worried about the political outcome as much as I am about the job opportunities and outlook. I'm not ready to put life on hold for XPO but you may be right. We'll be buying within our means certainly and at my base pay on 40 hours.

I guess we'll see what happens.. It will be interesting to see whether XPO changes the bids (ahem! job selections) here in the next couple months.

If they won't keep outsiders off the thread, how will we be able to speak to anything but the outside topics they bring into the thread with them ?

They don't belong here. And have clearly hijacked another thread. They are free to speak down to us and talk at length about our job and work environment. But if we should speak to them at all it's immediately a direct personal attack and they are terribly offended.

They will attempt to edit posts after responses and claim rules violations. They trash the thread with their baiting comments and then all that results is that they silence the XPO employees from speaking. Nothing but outsiders posting complimentary comments to other outsiders posts. They have there own thread for that. What is the point of letting outsiders commandeer a thread meant to be exclusively for XPO employees to speak openly amongst themselves ?

Amen. I thought maybe I was the only one who saw it.

Well I think that's at every terminal just my opinion I will talk more with them tomorrow night I know they have management issues

As has been mentioned repeatedly, management is scared. They have had a lot of changes to deal with and more probably to come. And while I am sure that there are still problems at some terminals. I am guessing most of the union push has to do with the global entity XPO Logistics and not local management. This is a big picture movement. Not some petty fluff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.