XPO | 3 more sc's sign up

I'm a freight industry worker and make good money. If they were to change the way we are able to make money, then a lot of us couldn't make what we do. And you folks are messing with a perfectly good, profit strong company that can be here to pay me for many years to come. You guys want to drag us down to your level and ruin a company. That effects me. I hope conway drags this out in court for a long time.

You guys could atleast wait til we get our bonus checks in February before starting this crap.

2 Things:

Most of us like the one board seniority system.

Most of us like driving new trucks with the xm radio.

And if you don't drive a new truck or cant get a good run, a contract aint gonna change that..only make it worse.
2 things....

You can leave operations the same in your contract.

I have enough music stored in my phone to last a lifetime, plus all the free streaming apps one could dream of.

No one is gonna tout free xm as a super duper benefit but a few.

2 things....

You can leave operations the same in your contract.

I have enough music stored in my phone to last a lifetime, plus all the free streaming apps one could dream of.

No one is gonna tout free xm as a super duper benefit but a few.

The problem with the phone is the regulations on phone use creeping into the laws. Touch the radio you are okay. Touch the phone you are in violation.

Talking to a guy hauling steel and he said they were putting crap in his truck that blocked phone use while in the truck. He wants to make a call he has to physically leave the truck. Said they are installing a monitor style gizmo to do electronic logs and GPS and dispatch messaging.

Not that I agree with XM radio being a fighting point on a pro/con union argument. But you know. For whatever it's worth.

The problem with the phone is the regulations on phone use creeping into the laws. Touch the radio you are okay. Touch the phone you are in violation.

Talking to a guy hauling steel and he said they were putting crap in his truck that blocked phone use while in the truck. He wants to make a call he has to physically leave the truck. Said they are installing a monitor style gizmo to do electronic logs and GPS and dispatch messaging.

Not that I agree with XM radio being a fighting point on a pro/con union argument. But you know. For whatever it's worth.
I have a phone mount that goes right next to the radio. Cops can't tell the difference between changing phone settings and changing the radio. The tattle-tale cam can't tell either.

I feel dumber after reading beers posts. I just don't have a response to the things he says ! Like what r u talking about??????????
he could be talking about the one weeks vacation you currently recieve at abf with teamster representation.now thats what I call making life better.or he may be talking about the paycuts abf and yrc took with teamster representation, again thats what I call a pretty sweet deal.....please respond to tell me why im wrong.listen they look at you guys as a bailout for the underfunded pension, not a brother.and that is a fact that even you cant dispute.

he could be talking about the one weeks vacation you currently recieve at abf with teamster representation.now thats what I call making life better.or he may be talking about the paycuts abf and yrc took with teamster representation, again thats what I call a pretty sweet deal.....please respond to tell me why im wrong.listen they look at you guys as a bailout for the underfunded pension, not a brother.and that is a fact that even you cant dispute.
How many ABF and YRC guys are leaving and going to Con-Job?

You make it sound like the union crammed it down these peoples throat. All of the concessions any Teamster makes is voted on. They have a voice. Ya majority rules and some who voted no are pissed about that but it is what it is. The workers agreed to it, it wasn't forced on anyone.

he could be talking about the one weeks vacation you currently receive at abf with teamster representation.now thats what I call making life better.or he may be talking about the paycuts abf and yrc took with teamster representation, again thats what I call a pretty sweet deal.....please respond to tell me why im wrong.listen they look at you guys as a bailout for the underfunded pension, not a brother.and that is a fact that even you cant dispute.
I'm on the west coast with no issues with the pension here, so the way i look at the Conway employees i'm working with is, These men that are in my industry need help and representation. And on the flip side i see growth in my union when they enter the unionized work force. More union dues to organize more non-union companies that are screwing their workers, and that in turn builds the freight industry to get better wages and working conditions for all. Just like it was done in the past.

And who said anything about a pension ??? If it's what the employees want then we could put it on the table and negotiate something, no one is promising a pension!

I hold seniority at YRC and i still have 4 weeks vacation after the concessions, so where are you getting the 1 week thing?
As for the pay cut, again we voted on it and by majority the concessions passed. Did you get to vote on the pay cut you got from Conway ???

That's funny cause I don't remember either side (yes votes or no) that they thought it was anything but getting shafted. Thats what they were saying over on there boards. But hey you got a vote, for whatever that was worth.

I'm on the west coast with no issues with the pension here, so the way i look at the Conway employees i'm working with is, These men that are in my industry need help and representation. And on the flip side i see growth in my union when they enter the unionized work force. More union dues to organize more non-union companies that are screwing their workers, and that in turn builds the freight industry to get better wages and working conditions for all. Just like it was done in the past.

And who said anything about a pension ??? If it's what the employees want then we could put it on the table and negotiate something, no one is promising a pension!

I hold seniority at YRC and i still have 4 weeks vacation after the concessions, so where are you getting the 1 week thing?
As for the pay cut, again we voted on it and by majority the concessions passed. Did you get to vote on the pay cut you got from Conway ???
Im on the east coast no problems here either. Just another misguided post....

That's funny cause I don't remember either side (yes votes or no) that they thought it was anything but getting shafted. Thats what they were saying over on there boards. But hey you got a vote, for whatever that was worth.
Believe me members were not happy at all! The point of this is that we got to VOTE on it! The company didn't just come in and say we're taking it from you like they commonly do at all the non-unions.
My VOTE was well worth it, i still have a company to go back to when my time here as a union rep is over.

You are right, nobody was happy. A terribly run company that over extended themselves and the bottom fell out. It put the workers in a bad situation to vote for a pile of crap or vote to put themselves out of a job. Very difficult decisions to be made by all. But, who's fault was it? No doubt, the Company.

ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID UNION TALK ALREADY!!!!
Bunch of wining ungrateful bunch of drivers I know. Wait till u have nothing then I want to hear you complain then
Have a great day you soap opera watching bunch of ladies
Don't look at pro union threads.

I didn't say it was better just putting facts out there..how do you have time for all that math..that was quick.
The fact is everything I said is true. There is no matching 401k period.
Now let's look at the 5% on 80000 a year that's 4000
the next yr we get 2.5 back that's 1900 bringing us to 77900
the next year another 2.5% that's 1947.50 bringing us to the 79847.50 after 2 years
so take the 4000 plus 2100 from the next year and 2052.50 and you get 8152.50
THAT'S WHAT THE 5% COST US FOR 2 YEARS. OVER 8 GRAND. NOT TO MENTION OVER 5 GRAND IN VACATION.

The fact is everything I said is true. There is no matching 401k period.
Now let's look at the 5% on 80000 a year that's 4000
the next yr we get 2.5 back that's 1900 bringing us to 77900
the next year another 2.5% that's 1947.50 bringing us to the 79847.50 after 2 years
so take the 4000 plus 2100 from the next year and 2052.50 and you get 8152.50
THAT'S WHAT THE 5% COST US FOR 2 YEARS. OVER 8 GRAND. NOT TO MENTION OVER 5 GRAND IN VACATION.[/QUOTETthere you go posting facts....what's wrong with you....lol

If your job was so wonderful and life was fulfilled, you would not be here bashing us con-peoples.. I never go to other people's boards..and btw, those were facts that I stated.

Uhhh,....Brother Beerfd,.................Didn't we just have a discussion about the wonders of driver-facing cameras,................on the ABF board?

INEWIT2 needs to quit bashing us drivers or will quit cashing the gray shirts checks with what we have in our wallets.

I just got an 8% raise. You seem to be the one suffering. We don't need a union. It will only drive business away, it will change nothing for the employees.

Don't forget the footnote here! Other guys running the same lane out of different terminals got 2%. What's wrong with that picture? Don't you feel a little selfish?