Yellow | April pay Raise and -15%

Why in the world is 15% or any other percentage even being discussed anymore? The 15% reduction was a one time reduction in our rates and in the increases as specified in the MOU and lasting for the duration of that MOU. That's past history. The rate we're going to be at in 2019 will be our starting point for negotiations into the next contract, just like any other contract negotiation we've ever had in the past when a contract expires.
We all well most all of us know the reality of what you are saying but it wasn't put that way to the Rank and File.
The 15% is in all of the MOU's trust me it is there so it must exist in some form! No it is not in our pockets and you can't take it off your taxes lol! but there it is in black and white! I agree this MOU is some stupid :crap: and things could have been handled much better. Personally I think negotiating a new contract instead of this MOU crap would have avoided a lot of issues. Getting the 15% back someday was the carrot the Union and the YRC used to sell the MOU to us‼️

<snip>
The 15% is in all of the MOU's trust me it is there so it must exist in some form! No it is not in our pockets and you can't take it off your taxes lol! but there it is in black and white!
<snip>

Please explain to me how you think something called "15%" exists somewhere? When you go to the store and buy something on sale at 15% off the regular price, does that 15% actually exist? Of course not, it's just a number explaining the lower price. The same with our wage rate. We "sold" our labor for a new price, 15% less than it used to be. That 15% doesn't exist anywhere. Come on, you've got to be kidding me trying to tell me you really believe it exists somewhere.

The MOU is just like a new contract. It just modified the contract that was in place which itself was just a continuation of the previous contract which was extended. I agree that the way it was explained was a little confusing but it really isn't that complicated if you think about it.

Please explain to me how you think something called "15%" exists somewhere? When you go to the store and buy something on sale at 15% off the regular price, does that 15% actually exist? Of course not, it's just a number explaining the lower price. The same with our wage rate. We "sold" our labor for a new price, 15% less than it used to be. That 15% doesn't exist anywhere. Come on, you've got to be kidding me trying to tell me you really believe it exists somewhere.

The MOU is just like a new contract. It just modified the contract that was in place which itself was just a continuation of the previous contract which was extended. I agree that the way it was explained was a little confusing but it really isn't that complicated if you think about it.
I guess I didn't make it clear enough‼️The only place the 15% exists is on paper and was used to lead the Rank and File to believe that they would get it back someday in order to get the MOU vote passed. It exists in the MOU.

I know the 15% aint coming back, but wouldn't you agree in the environment of executive bonuses and an extremely expensive camera/monitoring program the company is implementing, the least they could do is allow us to keep our measly 6 cents? I know they're under no obligation, but 6 cents seems awfully petty. But then again small minded and petty management is par for the course for this outfit.

I know the 15% aint coming back, but wouldn't you agree in the environment of executive bonuses and an extremely expensive camera/monitoring program the company is implementing, the least they could do is allow us to keep our measly 6 cents? I know they're under no obligation, but 6 cents seems awfully petty. But then again small minded and petty management is par for the course for this outfit.

Sure I'd like to see the 6 cents and I'd like us to be back at the old rate (pre -15%) also, who wouldn't. If the cameras help reduce accidents and claims then I see that as a good thing. Some times you have to spend money to make (or save even more) money. Executive pay is a whole different issue. I totally believe executive pay EVERYWHERE is excessive. How we fight that is a question though. As far as the bonuses go, from the perspective of the owners (shareholders) the executives here have done a good job in helping the company survive under what were precarious financial conditions. All we can hope for is continued success of the company - with our help of course - because that's the only way we'll get increases down the line. UPS parcel employees make the great money they do because UPS makes money.

I being told the raise in April will cost the company more than $12 million .34 x 16000 employee times hours worked as each us in a year on avg will work 2,000 hours in a year so I wonder what the additional .06 cents would add to the $12 million????

I being told the raise in April will cost the company more than $12 million .34 x 16000 employee times hours worked as each us in a year on avg will work 2,000 hours in a year so I wonder what the additional .06 cents would add to the $12 million????

Slightly under $2 million.

Sure I'd like to see the 6 cents and I'd like us to be back at the old rate (pre -15%) also, who wouldn't. If the cameras help reduce accidents and claims then I see that as a good thing. Some times you have to spend money to make (or save even more) money. Executive pay is a whole different issue. I totally believe executive pay EVERYWHERE is excessive. How we fight that is a question though. As far as the bonuses go, from the perspective of the owners (shareholders) the executives here have done a good job in helping the company survive under what were precarious financial conditions. All we can hope for is continued success of the company - with our help of course - because that's the only way we'll get increases down the line. UPS parcel employees make the great money they do because UPS makes money.
And ups also is managed like no other trucking company that I have ever seen...

Comparing UPS and Frt doesn't even make since. Totally wrong comparison, 2 companies competing in that industry no wonder they can rake in a billion a quarter. Bottom line Zollars approved credit card and the board screwed us. Shoot 24 yrs ago when starting out and up till 13 yrs ago Frt was happy to be making 3 to 5 cents on the dollar. And a whole lot more were in business then. I hope this makes sense or do I have the wrong topic.

I gotta say if Roadway and RPS would've stayed together alone we would've been an hell of a force to compete with. May not of beat UPS at #1 spot, but we'd be #2 and making UPS sweat.

Reactions: mud
Comparing UPS and Frt doesn't even make since. Totally wrong comparison, 2 companies competing in that industry no wonder they can rake in a billion a quarter. Bottom line Zollars approved credit card and the board screwed us. Shoot 24 yrs ago when starting out and up till 13 yrs ago Frt was happy to be making 3 to 5 cents on the dollar. And a whole lot more were in business then. I hope this makes sense or do I have the wrong topic.

In the old days trucking was a regulated industry and even poorly run companies could and would make money. That's no longer the way it is. We're operating in a different world today and our competition is primarily non-union. That was never the case years ago. If one unionized trucking company shut the doors you could usually go to another down the street and never miss a day's work. That's not the situation today. Time for people to wake up.

Don't they have a bunch of new-fangled technology stuff that helps improve productivity?

They implemented industrial engineering technology many decades ago to make their operations as efficient as possible and they still innovate. They run a tight ship but they pay very well. I wish I had never left there many years ago. Who knew freight would end up where it is today.