Yellow | April pay Raise and -15%

Ya... Never would have dreamed we would have ended up where we are at now.
So many factors come into play that got us here. Complicated.
It used to be a primo job. Now.. It's just a job. With no end. Depressing but true.
We can argue the 15 percent to death... But none of that is coming back. In fact in 19..if Hoffa is in there I expect them to start hitting our insurance. They can't take any more pay... From what I understand 15 percent is all they can get off our check... But there are other areas they can hit. I am sure they are working on a plan right now to hit those parts.
Industrial engineering.... What's that? More dumb... Inexperienced supers? Hehehehe..
I see them doing the same things they did 30 years ago. Nothing has changed... Equipment and employees have gotten older.. That's it.

Side note.
They called back all from layoff where I am at. 525. 511 has called everyone back too.
We are so busy we cannot finish in eight hours. Has anyone else... Terminals. Called everyone back?

Last edited:
Comparing UPS and Frt doesn't even make since. Totally wrong comparison, 2 companies competing in that industry no wonder they can rake in a billion a quarter. Bottom line Zollars approved credit card and the board screwed us. Shoot 24 yrs ago when starting out and up till 13 yrs ago Frt was happy to be making 3 to 5 cents on the dollar. And a whole lot more were in business then. I hope this makes sense or do I have the wrong topic.
I don't know they were happy with that operating ratio.But, If I owned a trucking company, a 3-5 cent on the dollar profit would not be acceptable to me. I would also add that 24 years ago Union carriers controlled the biggest part of the LTL business in this country. Most were under the same wages and benefits. Deregulation collapsed the wages and benefits since then, and the rest we all know.

We are at top rate. Some just don't realize it. :smile new:
Sorry should have put the word sarcasm in there but didn't want to give the clue. And as Bart mentioned and others also we are 15% lower than what our top rate of 24.81 (give or take) as of April 2015. Yes I read it in black and white also we were to snap back and yes it all got extended to 2019 with 750 bonus 14 and 15 raises starting in 16 and I believe hours of vacation in 17 till we got the 45 hrs per back by 19. So, all of us can go back and forth on the we are at top rate and no we are not at top rate, it's not to realize anything. You said it in a post you would like to be back at the old rate which is the top rate as of 2015 and extended to 2019, yes it is what the majority voted a 15% give back with the 2015 snap back extended to 19. And yes alot of people as the same as you have realized where were at. But when it doesn't die and topics about it come up people get all **** again. Needs to just die out and hopefully something good will come 2019. Have a nice day and no more comments on this 15% topic from me.:usa2:

Sorry should have put the word sarcasm in there but didn't want to give the clue. And as Bart mentioned and others also we are 15% lower than what our top rate of 24.81 (give or take) as of April 2015. Yes I read it in black and white also we were to snap back and yes it all got extended to 2019 with 750 bonus 14 and 15 raises starting in 16 and I believe hours of vacation in 17 till we got the 45 hrs per back by 19. So, all of us can go back and forth on the we are at top rate and no we are not at top rate, it's not to realize anything. You said it in a post you would like to be back at the old rate which is the top rate as of 2015 and extended to 2019, yes it is what the majority voted a 15% give back with the 2015 snap back extended to 19. And yes alot of people as the same as you have realized where were at. But when it doesn't die and topics about it come up people get all **** again. Needs to just die out and hopefully something good will come 2019. Have a nice day and no more comments on this 15% topic from me.:usa2:

Sorry I didn't pick up on the sarcasm, my bad. I need a bit more practice I guess. :1036316054:

They implemented industrial engineering technology many decades ago to make their operations as efficient as possible and they still innovate. They run a tight ship but they pay very well. I wish I had never left there many years ago. Who knew freight would end up where it is today.
I gotta say again Ups parcel and fedex ground are a totally different ball game it's just the 2 of them, so sure they can pay their employees the amount they make, industrial engineering tech, up keep their equipment. They control the industry no one else is there besides fedex to say different.

I don't know they were happy with that operating ratio.But, If I owned a trucking company, a 3-5 cent on the dollar profit would not be acceptable to me. I would also add that 24 years ago Union carriers controlled the biggest part of the LTL business in this country. Most were under the same wages and benefits. Deregulation collapsed the wages and benefits since then, and the rest we all know.

Yes when I started I believe we controlled 70% of the market down to (don't quote me ) but thought I seen 14 or 15% now. But yes 95 96 or's back then terminal manager would tell us company was doing great and happy as to how much frt we generated then. Yes I realize we were all together at wages and all else, but some just knew how to run their company (BIG R) better than others not saying any names oops did I say BIG R? Anyway that's how I see it....

Sarcasm.... This board is full of it and I participate all I can... Hehehehe..
Fed ex and ups are parcel... We are LTL. No comparison at all.

Yes when I started I believe we controlled 70% of the market down to (don't quote me ) but thought I seen 14 or 15% now. But yes 95 96 or's back then terminal manager would tell us company was doing great and happy as to how much frt we generated then. Yes I realize we were all together at wages and all else, but some just knew how to run their company (BIG R) better than others not saying any names oops did I say BIG R? Anyway that's how I see it....
One company was grabbing shirttails... No names.... And f'd it all up. If the shirttail wouldn't have been grabbed they would be gone. Sorry. Truth hurts. Not trying to start an argument..... Too late for that.

Ya... Never would have dreamed we would have ended up where we are at now.
So many factors come into play that got us here. Complicated.
It used to be a primo job. Now.. It's just a job. With no end. Depressing but true.
We can argue the 15 percent to death... But none of that is coming back. In fact in 19..if Hoffa is in there I expect them to start hitting our insurance. They can't take any more pay... From what I understand 15 percent is all they can get off our check... But there are other areas they can hit. I am sure they are working on a plan right now to hit those parts.
Industrial engineering.... What's that? More dumb... Inexperienced supers? Hehehehe..
I see them doing the same things they did 30 years ago. Nothing has changed... Equipment and employees have gotten older.. That's it.

Side note.
They called back all from layoff where I am at. 525. 511 has called everyone back too.
We are so busy we cannot finish in eight hours. Has anyone else... Terminals. Called everyone back?

326 didn't lay off this winter, last 2 to 3 weeks inbound line haul was kickin ass, our frt and thru frt together. Same time, also rail work in and out as been very busy

Ya... We've really never slowed. They layed off but we were still getting the same amount of bills every night. Just falling behind. Still falling behind with everyone back.
Funny thing is I think it's normal... A line haul driver was walking across the dock to get to his tractor and asked why we were so busy tonight.... I told him it's like this every night. Apparently he has seen some dead docks somewhere in his travels.

We don't have anyone laid off, but never been slower. Only reason they haven't laid off is because they're scared of losing the guys. Asking for cc's daily.

Question here ,so how can the non-union companies pay higher wages & buy new Equipment & pay for uniforms and pay into a matching 401-K and still show a profit , with out doing the -15% Ponzi scam ??? Answer is YRCW is just playing a numbers game to control the sheep & keep the wages lowest in the LTL Industry period .............................................. but unfortunately it will
never ever change and the YES votes will always win !!!!:apologetic:

Question here ,so how can the non-union companies pay higher wages & buy new Equipment & pay for uniforms and pay into a matching 401-K and still show a profit , with out doing the -15% Ponzi scam ??? Answer is YRCW is just playing a numbers game to control the sheep & keep the wages lowest in the LTL Industry period .............................................. but unfortunately it will

Wong, wages are only a part of the total cost of labor. YRC companies make contributions to healthcare, pension (even if only partial), etc. which have to be included in any comparisons. Not all companies pay overtime like we do also. It's more involved than just the wage part.

By the way, where are you and BRG right now with your shiny CRST unit? How's the weather where you are?

Interest on the debt used to be wage and pension:17113:

I am texting you from the bunk partner. Don't forget YRCF pays 60-80 million a year in freight claims yearly also. Are we almost to Dallas yet????

Come to the Dallas area... Beautiful weather. ... :off topic: I thought it was only up to 40 mil a year... Damn.. Just think how they could waste that money?!

Come to the Dallas area... Beautiful weather. ... :off topic: I thought it was only up to 40 mil a year... Damn.. Just think how they could waste that money?!
Just imagine if we could get the freight loaded properly, I.e., damage free ????

Just imagine if we could get the freight loaded properly, I.e., damage free ????
Not gonna or ever will happen. You will get some but I see some ridiculous stuff happening when it gets to be the end of the night and the super want this or that on to close the load. RIDICULOUS!

Not gonna or ever will happen. You will get some but I see some ridiculous stuff happening when it gets to be the end of the night and the super want this or that on to close the load. RIDICULOUS!
I see everyday...

Wong, wages are only a part of the total cost of labor. YRC companies make contributions to healthcare, pension (even if only partial), etc. which have to be included in any comparisons. Not all companies pay overtime like we do also. It's more involved than just the wage part.

By the way, where are you and BRG right now with your shiny CRST unit? How's the weather where you are?
Concept-Truck.jpg
Triplex what-cha think of CRST newest truck ?? Big R & Me test drove it last week ,pretty sweet ride !!! maybe some wk-end you can go with us on a west coast Quick turn ???