XPO | Black friday at con-way...

I suspect that this weighed heavily on John L.'s mind. It is not an easy task to be the ultimate decision maker in a company with over 20,000 employees. This economy is the worst that any of us have ever experienced...truly uncharted waters. The cuts were accross the board, including VP's region managers, office staff, service center managers, supervisors, drivers, as well as 25% of the employees in ann arbor. I am glad that i work for a company that has leadership with foresight. We are making cuts to avoid following the path of YRC whose stock was below $2/share but has "rebounded" to about five bucks. We must try our hardest to take care of the customer as they ultimately are our boss.

You guys got our ol money dude Steven B.. Good Luck!
(YRC employee). I wouldn't worry about the Free Choice act, Dems don't have a filabuster majority. I'm proud to be a part of the labor movement, I think we all have better jobs because of it.:beerchug:

Seems to me that your union crubbled, What no resistance from your union on a 10% pay cut? WOW!!! Seems to me that the teamsters would be fighting this 1 all the way. But that doesn't seem to happening. Could it be that the teamsters are in"bed" with company? Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Been there, done that.

You guys got our ol money dude Steven B.. Good Luck!
(YRC employee). I wouldn't worry about the Free Choice act, Dems don't have a filabuster majority. I'm proud to be a part of the labor movement, I think we all have better jobs because of it.:beerchug:

it has been an awful past month or so within the company, much of this is hard to understand and accept, changes seem drastic, and extreme to say the least, my thoughts are with you all who have not made the cuts, it is not a problem just within our company , but it is within all companies in the country, unfourtunatly its the economic time we are in, the timing sucks, I hope we come through this a better and stronger company, changes are hard however I do think we are being proactive, rather than reactive, I dont like it any more than anyone else, but I am trying to focus on the big picture, nothing is rosey anywhere, my thoughts are with you all

it has been an awful past month or so within the company, much of this is hard to understand and accept, changes seem drastic, and extreme to say the least, my thoughts are with you all who have not made the cuts, it is not a problem just within our company , but it is within all companies in the country, unfourtunatly its the economic time we are in, the timing sucks, I hope we come through this a better and stronger company, changes are hard however I do think we are being proactive, rather than reactive, I dont like it any more than anyone else, but I am trying to focus on the big picture, nothing is rosey anywhere, my thoughts are with you all

Have you seen the big picture? Can you tell me what it is? Everybody I know doesn't see the big picture. Just wondering what it is. I only see 1 tiny pixel on the giant 52 inch con-way t.v. LOL:biglaugh:

well I guess by big picture I mean I try to stay focused on what truely matters my family, my health, my wellbeing, i dont like this whole situation anymore than anyone else, I am one of the fortunate ones who still is gainfully employed with my health insurance, my thoughts are with those who are not as fortunate, the troubles we are facing were not created by conway, they were created by the economic downturn, conway has done what all other companies are doing to survive, are all the decisions right? only time will tell, none of us will agree with all, if any, thats each persons right as an american, I am not any more pleased than others with the changes and layoffs, all i can do is focus on what i can do to protect myself, and my family, and remember how fourtunate I am in these hard times

Seems to me that your union crubbled, What no resistance from your union on a 10% pay cut? WOW!!! Seems to me that the teamsters would be fighting this 1 all the way. But that doesn't seem to happening. Could it be that the teamsters are in"bed" with company? Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Been there, done that.
Heck yeah,they are in bed with the company. No company means millions lost for the Teamsters. It's all about the money. :chairshot:

Heck yeah,they are in bed with the company. No company means millions lost for the Teamsters. It's all about the money. :chairshot:

Just think where ConWay would be if it had not been for Jackie P. President around 1980 or so.:duh: Everything for the most part is crooked, I'm just a realist, if not for some kind of checks and balances the working guy or gal wouldn't have a chance:TR10driving03:

XNW -----
Two FOS's, one WI, all greeters, four flex board drivers "SO FAR"[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention the two mechanics also. {so much for putting the relics back in service in a timely fashion, guess they'll just have to come off the fence and straight to the road}:
:TR10driving03:

Any news of cuts in Memphis? Have a lot of friends over there. Also, sorry to hear about TM-Chuck resent illness, worked with him many years ago, good guy. GRIZZ

Thank you Nicks-brain and Ladydriver.

I think some of those ex-XMR drivers that were economicaly terminated were qualified for seperation $$$ but chose to make the long drive. So what's it been; three weeks now that they got to work and now no seperation benefit? I wonder if any of them signed a new lease.

I am sure that Conway never saw this coming and feels bad for those drivers.

Three weeks is pretty quick but I wonder if any of them signed a new lease and can still collect their moving benefit.

I think some of those ex-XMR drivers that were economicaly terminated were qualified for seperation $$$ but chose to make the long drive. So what's it been; three weeks now that they got to work and now no seperation benefit? I wonder if any of them signed a new lease.

Three weeks is pretty quick but I wonder if any of them signed a new lease and can still collect their moving benefit.

anyone who was economically terminated in the past 30 hours was given the complete severance package...those who followed work, but didn't move, didn't really see any economic benefit unless they were caught up in the terminations yesterday...
Week's pay for each year of service, up to 13, full ICP, full Cobra based on years of service, all earned vacation and PTO...No unemployment claims contested by the company..

Did any former XMR drivers actually relocate to work at XCL or XAY?

anyone who was economically terminated in the past 30 hours was given the complete severance package...those who followed work, but didn't move, didn't really see any economic benefit unless they were caught up in the terminations yesterday...
Week's pay for each year of service, up to 13, full ICP, full Cobra based on years of service, all earned vacation and PTO...No unemployment claims contested by the company..

Very good.

Thank you.