XPO | Black friday at con-way...

An excellent point. The cuts and consolidations come first. They are not done yet. Expect a 10% or more pay reduction this month. All I can say is....we all must hope for an improved economy.

God Bless all those and the families effected, including myself.

customer serv.

I don't blame the company for trying to save itself, but some of the job cuts were because Marty didn't like the person. It should've been done by seniority. But, I guess if your in Mgmt., it does not matter.
I heard all of the Customer Service was going to run through Ann Arbor(eventually).

i wonder what will happen to all that office space? maybe a dancehall for mgmt?:hysterical:

An excellent point. The cuts and consolidations come first. They are not done yet. Expect a 10% or more pay reduction this month. All I can say is....we all must hope for an improved economy.

Why would we get a pay cut 145mil profit...:hysterical:

I think paycuts are just something the doom sayers have decided are coming next...I have heard absolutely zero about this anywhere except from those that want to stir the pot...Who can predict where the hell we'll be economically 3 months from now...??? that used to be an easy thing, but not now...

john l.

Every since they consolidated all of the components 3 years ago, they have been consolidating ever since. Conway used to be about service and that's how they built the company. But, with the closings last month and the layoffs of CSR's and other staff, they are going to lose a lot of that customer base because of bad service. John L. you shoud be proud when you get your millions for "saving" the company. Merry Christmas.

i hope he doesnt,what has he done for our stocks?or was that fat beard? anyway we could be next to go to washington asking for money.:biglaugh:

boy thats a no sh#^^%r

It's profitable...Company is not going to dump a profitable entity...and believe me when I tell you that your company is not renown for holding onto something that doesn't produce what they want..Remember the old Conway Truckload...???It did alright, but alright wasn't what they were looking for...
The new Truckload is much better than alright...

kobs

Personally, I dont think it was that at all. After YRC had the Union agree to a wage cut, the looming doom of the Employee Free Choice Act, and the economy being like that of when Chairman Carter was running the country in the 70's...
It is MOST unfortunate we had these losses, but the other carriers will follow suit.
Be on the lookout for UPS and Fed Ex to make similar cuts as well. They would probably be wise to do it before the end of the year with new goals for the next year.

My heart goes out to those who lost their kobs, and who knows... there may be more... ( remnants)
whats a kob?:hysterical:

No pay cut,but don't look for a raise this year.

No pay cut,but don't look for a raise this year.

I agree with you. I don't think they will cut wages with the EFCA sure to pass. Although, at this point nothing would surprise me. If these economic conditions persist, I wouldn't expect a raise. I tend to look at the glass half full so maybe it will turn around in mid 2009.

race truck

It's profitable...Company is not going to dump a profitable entity...and believe me when I tell you that your company is not renown for holding onto something that doesn't produce what they want..Remember the old Conway Truckload...???It did alright, but alright wasn't what they were looking for...
The new Truckload is much better than alright...
yes i know that.

I'm telling you...
One reason for shutting down the Southern Area, was also about pay. Southern was the lowest paid in the company.
Now would be the perfect time to bring everyone (positionally speaking) up (or down) to the same level company wide.

I'm with everybody else, I don't think there will be a pay cut....but with the concessions with YRC, don't expect a raise in '09.

I agree..AND IF we do it will be very minimal...I remeber back a few years ago when Palazzo was CEO..He froze all raises for that year..So that is not out of the question they can and have and probley will next year..

Now, some folks have said that all of the released employees received a severance package; Does this apply to management and CSR or everybody. And also, how long are the COBRA payments made by the company, if any?

I agree..AND IF we do it will be very minimal...I remeber back a few years ago when Palazzo was CEO..He froze all raises for that year..So that is not out of the question they can and have and probley will next year..

One year we got paid uniforms in lieu of a raise.