Yellow | Camera coaching ?

hen you will never learn what triggered the camera, and thus how to prevent it in the future. While it's up to you to care or not, it's certainly not particularly professional nor is it a good example to the next generation (who, as we all know, are the ones most in need of a guiding hand).
Or, or MAYBE, JUST, MAYBE I know why it triggered and don't care to listen to some self important savior of the ltl world rehash it.

MeNj82S.jpg

I don't know everything either, but I was asked to be a reviewer because: a) the Division Safety guy thinks that I'm very fair, cordial, professional and able to make accurate assessments in every individual situation whether the driver needs some advice, or whether DriveCam needs to be challenged.
I don't think the camera is as big as problem as the fact you were handpick by management, it creates suspicion , Roadway used coaches/trainers for Smith System,Hazmat, and instructional video's. I said it back then and still believe it now "its just another tool to create division in the rank & file" .... Here's a novel idea, If the company is so hell-bent on this "coach" deal, why not let the minions (rank &file) choose who they want to be coached by.

Until the "Coach", Lynx/Company, or Government send Nasty-grams to the other party when an alert is triggered through no fault of the Trucker, its all BS and got nothing to do with the Greater Good. And if it ever does happen there will be way more yelling than what I see here on TB. :6788:

You've said you don't care about the cameras, and believe union members should look out for each other. Yet you believe that somehow, a Teamster using company supplied technology to help a fellow Teamster understand said technology (and how to avoid it) isn't a brother looking out for a brother, based solely upon the fact that the union did not supply the technology?

I understand your view on the corporate hierarchy. You're not wrong. The corporate view on safety vs. costs is how things like the Bhopal disaster happen. Technology like these cameras are there for us in accidents. Don't believe in the company-supplied Lytx ones? Get one of your own from a truck stop, because the footage can prove your innocence if a four wheeler cuts it too close.

If there's a fatal accident that you are involved in, your brother can't be called to testify against you because there's nothing for him to say that has anything to do with the incident, and any good lawyer would point that out if someone tried it. You would not be coached on the footage of a fatality, as that footage becomes evidence supplied to the court by Lytx on the company's behalf. And the company sure doesn't want such an accident to be your fault because, regardless of whether or not they care about YOU, they do not want one of their employees to be found responsible for a fatality because THEY are held accountable for it if you are. It's THEIR ASS if it's YOUR FAULT. So you can at least assume in this case that the company isn't going to throw you under the bus because it means they lose too.

As for the camera itself, no truck driver wants a company-run camera in their truck for fear of possible retribution. However, a lot of that has more to do with the inward facing camera than the outward one because nobody ever wants to incriminate themselves. I disagree with the inward camera, but the outward one can do a lot of good.

Show of hands. If the union had put it to vote, how many would've actually been in favor of having cameras installed?
Because the technology is supplied and controlled by management. They could change the program tomorrow and what could be done about it? Again, I do not trust management to do the right thing. So leave the Teamsters out of the program. The company can hire their own safety people to do the "coaching".

A couple of question for the Safety Trainers:
Do you hold down a bid and do the job you bid?
Are you working overtime performing safety training?

Real Teamster,you must understand that its not dumb.I have been with this company for almost 30 years and there has always been the mindset among a large percentage of the men that you never work with the company ,always work against it.I used to be one of them.After 3 pay cuts,trying to find something better and couldnt,I realized that those of us who are still here should be working to rebuild this company for our own future and the futures of our brothers and sisters who work in this industry.The old normal is not dumb,just antiquated thinking.
OK, I'll sign on to that!

I don't think the camera is as big as problem as the fact you were handpick by management, it creates suspicion , Roadway used coaches/trainers for Smith System,Hazmat, and instructional video's. I said it back then and still believe it now "its just another tool to create division in the rank & file" .... Here's a novel idea, If the company is so hell-bent on this "coach" deal, why not let the minions (rank &file) choose who they want to be coached by.
Unfortunately, that has been tried in the past, and proven not to work very well at all. The "minions" (your term, not mine) will frequently vote for a) folks who are unwilling to effectively do the task; b) folks who are incapable of doing the task; or c) both of a and b. It's unfortunate, but that's reality. The other reality is that some people just have to "stir the pot" instead of taking care of business. If we don't take care of business, FedEx will. They've already shown us that in a very big way. The YRC Safety trainer program was started to help get our injuries, accidents and CSA BASICs numbers down. All of these numbers are too high, and are costing this company a "train-load" of money. That money could be going into our paychecks. Instead it's going into work comp and legal expenses. I'm in favor of putting that cash into our pockets, not the pockets of the doctors and lawyers.

Have they told you what the CSA score for maintenence is now? It was at 79% before it was block for the public to see....KK

Unfortunately, that has been tried in the past, and proven not to work very well at all. The "minions" (your term, not mine) will frequently vote for a) folks who are unwilling to effectively do the task; b) folks who are incapable of doing the task; or c) both of a and b. It's unfortunate, but that's reality. The other reality is that some people just have to "stir the pot" instead of taking care of business. If we don't take care of business, FedEx will. They've already shown us that in a very big way. The YRC Safety trainer program was started to help get our injuries, accidents and CSA BASICs numbers down. All of these numbers are too high, and are costing this company a "train-load" of money. That money could be going into our paychecks. Instead it's going into work comp and legal expenses. I'm in favor of putting that cash into our pockets, not the pockets of the doctors and lawyers.
Your post is very accurate RT. From what I have seen also here in the last 30 years, is some accept these types of programs, and others bash them constantly, and try to drag the others into their way of thinking. In other words, never have anything good to say about anything....

Your post is very accurate RT. From what I have seen also here in the last 30 years, is some accept these types of programs, and others bash them constantly, and try to drag the others into their way of thinking. In other words, never have anything good to say about anything....
Inevitably there are people who would prefer to put their head in the sand. The trucking industry has changed more in the last decade than it did in the two decades prior. Not all changes are good, but that doesn't mean we're any less stuck with them.

Personally, anything in the industry today a truck driver can actually control is a good thing, in a world where we're increasingly being told we can't be trusted to obey the law without big brother watching. People who've never driven trucks are telling us how long we can drive, how fast we can drive, how long we should sleep, when we should sleep, and how many times we should stop. Doing your job safely just isn't good enough anymore...

Spin it any way you want till the day I die this is how a Teamster gets his/her job‼️

ARTICLE 42. SENIORITY

Section 1. Seniority Rights for Employees Shall

Prevail

Seniority shall be broken only by discharge, retirement, voluntary quit, absence from work for a ninety-six (96) hour period after prop- er notice from the employer, the ninety-six (96) hour notice excludes Sundays and all holidays, including non-contractual holi- days when the United States Postal Service is officially closed, fail- ure to answer recall, or more than a five (5) year layoff. The above time limits for the ninety-six (96) hour notice shall begin with the day following the postmark of proper notification.

Section 3.

(a) In all cases where physical fitness or ability to perform the required work are equal, seniority rights shall govern. The Employer has the right to discipline or transfer an employee or employees in the same classification, to instruct and direct the work, manage the terminals and docks and assign its equipment, and to make rules and regulations for the conduct of its business, not to conflict with the terms of this Agreement. Any pre-employment ori- entation/training that involves bargaining unit work shall be paid for at the appropriate contractual rate of pay based on classification, however; no classroom training will exceed two (2) days.

Last edited: