Yellow | Dallas Meeting Information ONLY

Actually, you nor I can prevent YRCF from shuffling freight to our own regionals (competition) or to non-union companies, regardless of our vote.

that is true, i can't argue that. But I'm not for pushing for it to happen on purpose, via a vote...

I don't see them being dishonest; I see them broke. They had a plan that actually might have worked until the economy fell apart. And all the goings on in Washington DC making new job-killing regulations every week is dooming any chance they did have. Personally, I don't see YRCW making it, but I said that 5 years ago, and several times since. Their only chance at all is refinancing the balloon payments. So vote your conscience, and be ready to live with the consequences....

If they are the worlds largest LTL as they billed themself a few years back, then they should have people who foresee the futrue somewhat. I find it out of the question that they did not see the need for this with such short notice to us. Thats not just dishonesty. Its planned dishonesty. INTENTIONAL.

WORLDWIDE UNION BUSTING TACTICS WHICH SHOULD BE PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
And if the law has no money to go after, individuals should be held accountable. NO WHITE COLLAR JAILS EITHER.
THEY HURT MORE PEOPLE THAN A CITY STREET THUG EVER COULD. THEY ARE WRECKING THE WORLD.

If they are the worlds largest LTL as they billed themself a few years back, then they should have people who foresee the futrue somewhat. I find it out of the question that they did not see the need for this with such short notice to us. Thats not just dishonesty. Its planned dishonesty. INTENTIONAL.

WORLDWIDE UNION BUSTING TACTICS WHICH SHOULD BE PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
And if the law has no money to go after, individuals should be held accountable. NO WHITE COLLAR JAILS EITHER.
THEY HURT MORE PEOPLE THAN A CITY STREET THUG EVER COULD. THEY ARE WRECKING THE WORLD.

of what crime? Being incompetant? Welch just took over a few months back. I'm not privvy to the inside, but there are a few things to consider. First- the note is due in Feb; perhaps the banks just 'dropped the bomb' on him? Perhaps he put it off as long as he could, hoping the third Quarter would 'save' the problem? Perhaps he's stupid? I have no idea. But there isn't a crime here- just a debt due, and the banks calling the note. Don't dance around the issues, like all the others want to do, thru insults or 'pride' or whatever. Solve the problem of the balloon payment, or prepare to be without a job.....

The 15% is earned by every TEAMSTER AND TAKEN THAT IS A + $ to company
The pension is a savings .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't paying you the full amount and you writing them a check. They are paying you the wage you agreed to. Thus, there is no 'loss'. No pile of money to be used on something else. It's gone, never was, never coming to you....

...... The last 4 years.......
- 15%
$150.00..............A week
52 ...........weeks
$7,800 .......... Year
X 35,000.......TEAMSTERS
$273,000,000.....MILLION

........... Pension loss..............
About $4.00 per hour
$160.00............... Week
52....................weeks
$8.320..................year
X 35,000.............TEAMSTERS
$291,200,000........MILLION
TOTAL......$564,200,000 MILLION
OVER THE LAST 4 YEARS
$2.25 ..BILLION DOLLARS!!!!
......5 MORE YEARS....
Will be 3 BILLION MORE

ITS GREED:
The debt is 1.4 billion.

Per the YRC propaganda, they claim 32,00 "families" depend on YRC Worldwide.
I believe 66% of that amount are dues paying members. Can I assume all 32,00 have "accepted" a 15% wage reduction the past 5 years?
Since not all of YRC employees had contributions to an actual pension fund, I find your calculations to be grossly overstated.
But, YRC has screwed each and every one of us twice. The question is, will you allow them to screw you a 3rd time???

No you are wrong , my check shows $ 25.09 as my wage I work 40 hours 50 hours or more they take 15% of each hour and then it is taxed.
Do you work for YRC.

No you are wrong , my check shows $ 25.09 as my wage I work 40 hours 50 hours or more they take 15% of each hour and then it is taxed.
Do you work for YRC.

That is the exact same hourly wage shown on my check minus the 15% ($244.91)
Of course, I do! 28 years in 2014. Any other questions?

We, the members of Local 952, have decided, without any new funding towards the Western States Pension Plan, we vote NO on any extension!

Do you work for YRC.

Not any more. I was laid off by Yellow; called back by Roadway. Quit, rather than go thru it all....never spent a single day under the YRC banner...Local 135 HW clerk says that's good, my Pension starts at age 62 because I got out before they stopped paying; she told me YRC pensions start at 65?

They can put anything they want on paper- probably accounting, part of the MOU, but in reality- there is no money. All they are doing is paying less, because they don't have enough to pay the debt, and you, both....

You are not willing us our God given right to vote on our future???

I have no say on your vote. Nowhere did I say to not vote. Are you not willing to give me my God given right to opine on what such a vote brings with it? I've been thru 'give-backs'; I've been thru shut-downs. I believe I have important information/ experience to add. Apparently, many on here don't want to be informed before they experience the potential consequences??????

The right to vote on Union things wasn't recognized in the Constitution as God Given. That was the Wagner Act. The Right to opine is recognized as God-given in the First Amendment.. the Right to opine on these boards is Jeff-Given..... :Biglaugh:

It's gonna be an ugly industry should they fold. The blood's on YRC and the bankers hands. We could have had a civil society. everyday they hold all power and we lose ours is one step closer to ugly. Just an opinion, not a threat.

It's gonna be an ugly industry should they fold. The blood's on YRC and the bankers hands. We could have had a civil society. everyday they hold all power and we lose ours is one step closer to ugly. Just an opinion, not a threat.
I understand. Yes, it will be: but, as I asked another: If you were owed 1.3 Billion, wouldn't you try to collect it? so far, it seems the banks ARE being civil. they have every right to just force a shut-down. It appears they are willing to renegotiate the debt, long as the IBT is willing to work for what they are now. That's ugly, but a lot better than unemployment, IMO..... So, no, the blood's not on their hands, but self-determining....

I understand the frustration; I just hope you realize there are tens of thousands of Teamsters Families you might be dooming in the process. Many have no hope without this job. They can lose their health insurance, lose their chance for a decent job, lose their home. One company I worked for closed- one of my ex-co-workers committed *******. Many divorced. And if YRCW closes- it makes ABF the only remaining IBT LTL company left. That puts freight on the Nons more than ever.

Debt is a killer..

It's been happening with all their merges and guys starting on the bottm and the stress of what they have been doing for years. Divorces, family problems. Home losses. They dont care jimmy.
You'd never see any of that as yrc's fault yet hold a union guy responsible if it happens.
No union guy got himself into $1.4 billion in debt with this many families and communities and states relying on them. Nor did a union guy loan that much money to a union carrier to buy up 3 or 4 more, knowing damned well what happened to all the others since deregulation.

I cant view any of this as incompetence. PLANNED AND INTENTIONAL SEEMS MORE TO THE MARK.

You said incompetence may play a role under Welch. Companies as big as YRC can change laws and affect the industry largelly through the ATA.

THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL THAT THEY AND THE BANKS DIDNT KNOW WHAT THIS WOULD DO.

If there are no crimes here and no laws against it............this country is useless.
Get rid of all laws. Everybody could take what they want. Whats good for the topdogs should be good for the commonfolk.

WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TIME FOR PROPOSALS ALSO. SO THAT WE COULD PUT THINGS IN THERE TO MAKE SURE THEY DO WHAT THEY SAY THEY WANT IT FOR. They will do whatever the bankers ask for their loan yet give us no voice on what we'd want for us allowing them leaway to get it. THEY MISTREAT US......KISS THE BANKS BUTTS YET GIVE US NO TIME, TREATING US LIKE CRAP.
The banks and them are corrupt together ,IMO.

I understand the frustration; I just hope you realize there are tens of thousands of Teamsters Families you might be dooming in the process. Many have no hope without this job. They can lose their health insurance, lose their chance for a decent job, lose their home. One company I worked for closed- one of my ex-co-workers committed *******. Many divorced. And if YRCW closes- it makes ABF the only remaining IBT LTL company left. That puts freight on the Nons more than ever.

Debt is a killer..

Somebody posted that Einstein once said somwthing like" compound interest" is the most powerful force in the universe. I'd ten to think the financial sector and banks know that well.

Hence my opinion on crime and the initial loans to buy us all up. But their previous accumulations of interest allows the world to be bought off and not view it as crime.
Your bible says 7 years is maximum debt period. Looks like some kind of morals have been broken on this one.....just a little.

I've read through the pages of this thread with interest.... It should be obvious, considering the past few years, that the Company is not wildly profitable and just trying to "take your money"... it is not "out of the woods" as it were. To all those that like to "beat their chest" and proudly display their short sighted thinking, Why are you clamoring for the Closure of the Company? Do you honestly think that it's going to magically make your life better by becoming unemployed, especially at this time?....Yes...I've read the comments about there being "life after YRCF"....while that is true....think about what kind of life that will be for most of you and your families...What I get out of the comments from most of the "vote no" crowd is they are only thinking of themselves.....ohh yes...I know..they claim it's in the best interests for all their Union Brothers and sisters.....but then get back to complaining about how much they lost...and how much this and that.....well consider how much more you would have lost if you had your way in the first place?? ..If it's that bad.....and your so sick of the letters and " stupid management" and all the harassment....and your willingness to "shut her down"..... I ask.. why are you still working there? Remember you claim there is life else where...If you think there is so much to complain about at YRCF... do you honestly think those issues don't exist at other Companies...maybe even more so...??..

The Union that you bash....do you think you'll fare better working someplace without it? yes..I know..there are always exceptions...but it is not likely that every YRCF employee will find better jobs within the industry....Each and everyone should give a lot more deeper thought into this than just your dissatisfaction about your personal experience at work....and getting warning letters...ect...bankrupting this Company is not going to do anything beneficial to the Union.....many complain about the Non-Union companies...Why are you so eager to help bankrupt this Company thus benefiting those Companies? ..Why would they consider your application knowing that you may have contributed to the demise of your Employer? I know I wouldn't want to hire anyone that had a hand in running their former employer out of Business.....

Sure it may sound "glorious" to go out with "dignity" or out in a blaze of glory.....For what? ...just to make a statement?.. How soon will you all be forgotten.....I wonder how much better the Former Employees of Hostess and their families are doing since they voted themselves out of a job?

There are many that not only want this Company to survive...but they need this Company to survive....Why are the no voters so willing to bring financial hardships to their own Union Brothers and Sisters...? It seems simple to me...if your that unhappy...and you believe that it's going to be better else where....Take a stand and go else where and prove it...without causing economic distress for everyone else.... Who Knows..maybe you'll get lucky and find just what you want......

If the Company gets the Extension that it says it needs to obtain refinancing... and remains open....I would say at that point, those no voters should resign....stick to your principals....

It's tragic enough when a large Company fails because it's always going to be the workers that suffer the most.......but it's even more tragic when a company closes due to it's own employees voting to do so...

There is more to think about than just the Individual experience....it is more logical to consider a broader picture... It is truly an issue that is bigger in scope than just ourselves as individuals.....There are a lot of people, and the people that depend on them, to consider...

I would say when it comes time to actually vote.... Leave all the Bravado at home....

I wish the best for ALL those that are still working at YRCF.......

Give it up "kook". Go to your appropriate board and ***** and moan on it. The YRC Freight members have issues to discuss, and don't need your input.

I would like to remind you that Anyone is welcome to comment and participate on any thread or forum...including this one...You don't have to agree with them...that is just part and parcel of what happens in a open discussion board..

And as far as input into the discussion on this thread...Mr jimmy g has actually provided some good insights to consider on this topic...

Retirement!!!

Not any more. I was laid off by Yellow; called back by Roadway. Quit, rather than go thru it all....never spent a single day under the YRC banner...Local 135 HW clerk says that's good, my Pension starts at age 62 because I got out before they stopped paying; she told me YRC pensions start at 65?

They can put anything they want on paper- probably accounting, part of the MOU, but in reality- there is no money. All they are doing is paying less, because they don't have enough to pay the debt, and you, both....

I just retired from YRC at the age of 57 due to sevier medical conditions. You can get your money before 65, but it costs you dearly. I am going to be drawing only 50% of what I would have drawn at 65 years old. A 50% cut is pretty steep, but in reality it was more than I expected. God has always been so much better to me than what I hav deserved. I pray that he lays his almighty hands on this entire situation and that "his will be done".