Yellow | DHL or UPS buying YRC freight ?

Truckingboards seems to be a place where some come to blow off steam. That's good, get it out of your system.
Me, I go out in the backyard and have a good argument, all by myself.

Mud, the key words there are "get it out of your system". When the steam is still blowing off after so many years something is wrong. Leaking valve maybe?? :smile new:

Because there are more then 10,000
TEAMSTERS that depend on that job to feed their families!!![/QUOTE
Mud, the key words there are "get it out of your system". When the steam is still blowing off after so many years something is wrong. Leaking valve maybe?? :smile new:
Sounds to me like there's a whole heap of Constipation going on......10-4 good buddy....Te heheeeeee :lmao:

I don't call that getting revenge, it's an excuse to work overtime (but you REALLY hate them) that's not revenge, but working 6 and being paid for 12 Is one way to close the doors..cut off your nose to spite your face.......yeah that'll show them.
Very similar to the stories I hear from my wives uncle who worked at GM's Suburban assembly plant in Janesville Wisconsin. Screw off during first eight hours and then milk lots of overtime out of the company. Him and his buddies always joked about it at family gatherings....the laughter sure did turn to tears when they locked the doors!

Very similar to the stories I hear from my wives uncle who worked at GM's Suburban assembly plant in Janesville Wisconsin. Screw off during first eight hours and then milk lots of overtime out of the company. Him and his buddies always joked about it at family gatherings....the laughter sure did turn to tears when they locked the doors!
Sounds like about 50 percent of our seniority list where I am..Work 4-6, out of 10-12 hours.

Last edited:
I had a neighbor back in the seventies that worked for the Ford Motor Company at the steel mill in Dearborn Michigan.
He would stay home from work when it was his turn for his free day off. One of his work buddies would punch him in and out.
Ford closed the steel mill in the late eighties.

Sounds like about 50 percent of our seniority list where I am..Work 4-6, out of 10-12 hours.

I see guys working harder to not work, than they actually work. Seems so counterproductive on so many levels.

I just keep busy, whether working 8 or 12, and the time passes quickly. Then I can get on with what I want or need to do.

I don't call that getting revenge, it's an excuse to work overtime (but you REALLY hate them) that's not revenge, but working 6 and being paid for 12 Is one way to close the doors..cut off your nose to spite your face.......yeah that'll show them.
I had a neighbor back in the seventies that worked for the Ford Motor Company at the steel mill in Dearborn Michigan.
He would stay home from work when it was his turn for his free day off. One of his work buddies would punch him in and out.
Ford closed the steel mill in the late eighties.
I see guys working harder to not work, than they actually work. Seems so counterproductive on so many levels.

I just keep busy, whether working 8 or 12, and the time passes quickly. Then I can get on with what I want or need to do.
309 maybe????? 2hrs to hook a set by hostlers....

This breed of so called men are why unions are in the shape they are in and have the reputations they have.

This breed of so called men are why unions are in the shape they are in and have the reputations they have.
Definitely not the teamsters from 20,30,40 years ago, no comparison to the old days when the norm was an equal days work for an equal days pay, not lay on the clock and BRAG about it, missing pick ups and deliveries on purpose or every man for himself, working harder to not do their jobs...this is the new breed of teamsters today..........SAD BUT TRUE, and THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH...My opinion only..........Be strong my brothers and sisters

Between the sorry asses and the new drivers that have never been on a freight dock it's a pretty sad situation going forward.
I think it was Albag that said long ago that attrition would be our demise and I think he is right.

We have bid dock workers that take 4 hours to break a trailer with nothing but skids and no damages.The sad part is that most of them actually think they are doing a good job.

The last two guys that retired did two to three times as much work as the "new " breed of freight men and women.We have 5 that are going to retire between November and January
and it's going to take 15 of the types they are hiring to replace them.

I'm going to miss those Teamsters that started out with nothing but hand trucks to break trailers with.

Between the sorry asses and the new drivers that have never been on a freight dock it's a pretty sad situation going forward.
I think it was Albag that said long ago that attrition would be our demise and I think he is right.

We have bid dock workers that take 4 hours to break a trailer with nothing but skids and no damages.The sad part is that most of them actually think they are doing a good job.

The last two guys that retired did two to three times as much work as the "new " breed of freight men and women.We have 5 that are going to retire between November and January
and it's going to take 15 of the types they are hiring to replace them.

I'm going to miss those Teamsters that started out with nothing but hand trucks to break trailers with.
I agree with you F, on the fact many new hire dock people do not measure up. But we have at least a half dozen 20 plus year people on our outbound that take 4-5 hours to do a city trailer strip load too.. saw it last night in fact...And many of the same people still do not even know, or seem to care about such things as loading properly for the high side of the road, deck bar placement,and putting air in the air bag, and not just sticking them in between skids thinking they will self inflate....