FedEx Freight | Driver Facing Cameras

That would be a first since no one else is being told this info. I talk to MEM drivers on a daily basis (and they already have them) and no one has mentioned a camera on the tablet. My guess is that those in CIN heard what they wanted to hear.
I happen to work for one of the centers that have them installed already. There is definitely a camera on the tablet that is a fact, but you can position it to where they wouldn't be able to see you anyway. Just aim it at the passenger side if you feel like you're being watched. I myself really don't like the camera facing me and as of right now they "say" they aren't using it to look at the driver, even though we all know that's going to change sooner or later. The way I look at it surely they can't be trying to fire everyone so I don't see the need to worry about it!

N

Ice try red I don't think so. Your information wheel isn't so good then. Ask Springfield, Missouri or Dallas who just had them installed. Oh it was the road driver advisor who just came back from meetings on this that told Cinnaminson. Try asking your company shop steward me bad I mean road driver advisor.
Perhaps you need to check your information wheel, it was Springfield and Memphis that first got them installed first.
We don't have an RDA in CLT, you definitely need a new wheel.

Now you want to stay on topic when almost all your post on the cameras has union talk and how we need a union. These cameras are in cab cameras that face forward and that's the only fact that anyone knows. I know all the pro union people love to make up conspiracy to try and scare people that big bad Fedex is looking at every way they can to fire you.

Our CEO said it genius that both were coming. You guys can deny it all you want but it's just a matter of time before they turn the one on facing the driver. Read the article for yourself then stay in denial https://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2015/oct/8/fred-smith-expect-more-ma/print

Last edited:
Again I can't express enough what a tool you are. Go find out for yourself.

I love you pro union guys. Every time someone disagrees with you their some kind of idiot. Cracks me up. Why would I go and read some web site about a company and the services the offer for one of there products. Doesn't mean fedex is going to use said services.I know you like to run with things like that to further your agenda.

How do you know their going to use the camera on the tablet? How do you know their going to use that company to monitor the work force? Is that how it's done at YRC and ABF? The answer is you don't know what they're going to do. You just like scaring people into thinking that Fedex is going to use this technology to try and get rid of them so you can push your union agenda.
How do you know they won't?

Our CEO said it genius that both were coming. You guys can deny it all you want but it's just a matter of time before they turn the one on facing the driver. Read the article for yourself then stay in denial https://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2015/oct/8/fred-smith-expect-more-ma/print

You got the wrong article CT. I never said that they were never coming. I'm talking now in present day. I believe eventually it will be mandatory to have all the cameras in every truck on the road and then after that comes self driving trucks and then we will be all out of a job.

I'll give my $0.02 on the camera.

I recently read an article regarding these. The general consensus seems to be that the outward facing camera is a good thing, and while some drivers are skeptical most believe it to be something that can prove their innocence if a 4-wheeler does something stupid.

Inward facing cameras, however, are a different story. 98% of drivers, when asked if they'd drive for a company using them, said they'd rather find another job. To drive this point home, the author of the article spoke at a seminar with several management people from across the industry. He told them about the studies regarding the cameras, and then punctuated it by asking everyone in the room to raise their hand if they would want a camera staring at them all day while they worked.

Suffice to say, nobody raised their hand, and the point was made. Personally? With how many companies today telling us that they recognize that we, as the drivers, are trusted and important, it makes it a blatant lie when they point a camera at your face. And I would find another job before working under conditions like that.

So about 14 years ago pocono got cameras on the dock and outside. Management said they were there to watch the HP (Hewlett-Packard)account. A few weeks later they started writing people up on the dock. Now to today, management is telling everyone forward facing camera's only but failing to mention the camera on you on the tablet. If you ever needed a union contract now is the time. You need the proper verbage in that contract to protect you from being disiplined with these cameras. Start standing up and fighting back. This is alot worse than the score card ever was.
I would agree with you if the union would fight. hoffa is there for the companies, not his members

Are you a conspiracy theorist??
If your gonna do those things for the camera you might wanna hold on tight so you don't slide off of the hood while traveling down the highway!!
No Red, I've just been paying attention to life in America and absolutely do not trust ANY corporation these days, especially this one. There will be TWO cameras in the tractors. One for the road, one for you. No , no , no the company would NEVER do anything like use any information it has at its disposal to get rid of somebody. That doesn't happen at fedex, never. It's already happening that drivers that have them have been called into the office for "corrective action" around the country. We discussed this on the last union conference call. Funny, even though the union carriers have them in some of the tractors, it's in the contract that any footage from driver facing camera CANNOT be used for ANY discipline whatsoever. You go on cheering with the purple pom poms Red, I choose not to blindly love this entity.

No Red, I've just been paying attention to life in America and absolutely do not trust ANY corporation these days, especially this one. There will be TWO cameras in the tractors. One for the road, one for you. No , no , no the company would NEVER do anything like use any information it has at its disposal to get rid of somebody. That doesn't happen at fedex, never. It's already happening that drivers that have them have been called into the office for "corrective action" around the country. We discussed this on the last union conference call. Funny, even though the union carriers have them in some of the tractors, it's in the contract that any footage from driver facing camera CANNOT be used for ANY discipline whatsoever. You go on cheering with the purple pom poms Red, I choose not to blindly love this entity.

Careful with the blanket statements, you don't know as much as you think you do. Not all unions have contract language protecting the drivers from cameras. Sysco Cleveland and Cincinatti both have fired several drivers for things caught on their driver facing cameras. And the union has been impotent in stopping it.

Seems the description given of you by your co-workers as a disgruntled employee is spot on!! Called in for "corrective action" from across the country?? Only two centers are currently using them, not necessarily "across the country", and I wouldn't consider being called in to view a clip then discussing ways to prevent future situations seen in the clip from occurring again as "corrective action"!!
It's ok Chicken Little, the sky is NOT falling!!

Seems the description given of you by your co-workers as a disgruntled employee is spot on!! Called in for "corrective action" from across the country?? Only two centers are currently using them, not necessarily "across the country", and I wouldn't consider being called in to view a clip then discussing ways to prevent future situations seen in the clip from occurring again as "corrective action"!!
It's ok Chicken Little, the sky is NOT falling!!
You've got to be the biggest kool aide drinkers in this company. Called in for now because this is new. Let me know next year if there still called in for discussion. Smh

Careful with the blanket statements, you don't know as much as you think you do. Not all unions have contract language protecting the drivers from cameras. Sysco Cleveland and Cincinatti both have fired several drivers for things caught on their driver facing cameras. And the union has been impotent in stopping it.
You are correct not all but we would definitely negotiate it.

You are correct not all but we would definitely negotiate it. If you are caught on your cell phone not much the union can do. Seatbelts different story.

You are correct not all but we would definitely negotiate it. If you are caught on your cell phone not much the union can do. Seatbelts different story.

I would think you would but that's not what he said. " any footage from driver facing camera CANNOT be used for ANY discipline whatsoever" that's an absolute statement that simply isn't true.