Estes | Estes east bidding

Breaking it down .................
Hub run----really sucks
xtra board-----really sucks
long bid run with layover--- ok
long bid run 1/2 way ------ ok but exhausting
Short bid run----almost the same as being retired

I like the last one, mildew.:clap:

I like the breakdown, and the order is correct, but to have two that both "really suck" is kind of redundant. How about "Super Sucks!"?

And let's add a couple

Utility driver------*******
City dispatcher-----Sado-Masochism

:biglaugh::biglaugh::TR10driving03:

I'm aware of the issue of being at the bottom of the E/B if I wanted to switch. It was explained to me when I was hired 10 yrs ago and I accepted it. I thought about my situation, likes and dislikes and decided to stay hub. Having road drivers(who made A LOT more money for a long time) now want to outbid me on a hub run that they freely admit they will dump when another road run opens up is just striking me wrong. If the road drivers really wanted hub runs, so many of us wouldnt have hired in off of the street for a particular run that EVERY driver in the terminal had passed on when it was posted.

Whats the big deal, I run Extra Board L/H and would love to have a Hub Run right now, the only diffence is I would work the dock, big deal I did that when I was a Green Driver covering Hub Runs.
It is only fair to have one board for Road, so some of us with Company time can be home to.

I'm aware of the issue of being at the bottom of the E/B if I wanted to switch. It was explained to me when I was hired 10 yrs ago and I accepted it. I thought about my situation, likes and dislikes and decided to stay hub. Having road drivers(who made A LOT more money for a long time) now want to outbid me on a hub run that they freely admit they will dump when another road run opens up is just striking me wrong. If the road drivers really wanted hub runs, so many of us wouldnt have hired in off of the street for a particular run that EVERY driver in the terminal had passed on when it was posted.

You would have if you needed a job. I've been E/B before, not here, but I've been there. Just about everyone in the freight industry does this type of bidding. For example, I have a freind that was a Hub driver, his run was modified into a linehaul run. He lost his run. He excepted that. He's even running extra board at this time. Should he be punished for his 9 years with this company, and never be able to bid in another scheuled run? All we are asking on this thread is,make it fair and balanced for everyone. From the senior drivers on down. YOS means something. Your devotion to this company , means something. If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing. Estes has been good to me and others also. With growth comes change. You have to be willing to change with it.

Just to let you guys know that some of the info you got from someone saying they were from the west was completley wrong.
In the west we bid once a year. We are supposed to bid middle of sept for a first sunday in oct start. I think we will be bidding same time as east does now for a first sunday in nov start. And yes we bid once last year and we bid again in jan of this year and should go back on schedule next time around. And yes we have bid multiple times in a year due to situations changing.
West CAN, once again, CAN bump a lower seniority driver if their run is cancelled permanently. We got a memo on this in April or May of 08. I have mine and I read everything that estes puts out.
We go to the top of E/B if our run is cut for the day.
I have gone over this before on here and so to the drivers that want to tell me I am wrong I will put however much money on it that you want. I am not saying that estes will not change this but as of now that is policy.
AND I STILL HAVE THE MEMO.
A little advice for our drivers: Read everything and keep the things that will or can affect their jobs

Just to let you guys know that some of the info you got from someone saying they were from the west was completley wrong.
In the west we bid once a year. We are supposed to bid middle of sept for a first sunday in oct start. I think we will be bidding same time as east does now for a first sunday in nov start. And yes we bid once last year and we bid again in jan of this year and should go back on schedule next time around. And yes we have bid multiple times in a year due to situations changing.
West CAN, once again, CAN bump a lower seniority driver if their run is cancelled permanently. We got a memo on this in April or May of 08. I have mine and I read everything that estes puts out.
I have gone over this before on here and so to the drivers that want to tell me I am wrong I will put however much money on it that you want. I am not saying that estes will not change this but as of now that is policy.
A little advice for our drivers: Read everything and keep the things that will or can affect their jobs

So in so many words the east will be bidding again in October. I have heard nothing like that from Richmond, unless I'm at the end of the earth and the memo hasn't arrived. Do you guys have seniority bidding or catagory bidding,ie Linehaul and hub bidding or company seniority? I think the only fair way to do it is total company seniority,,, from your original hire date.If a linehaul driver wants to bid on a hub run or vise versa, he or she should be able to if they have the YOS to do so.Like I've said before, Estes has always tried to be fair in the past with senior drivers, I think they will do the right thing. Thanks for the info.

west bids line haul wich includes our extra board and team. as far as i know we do not have all the classifications that you do. I am not saying this is fact but the terminals i know of do not have hub and such.
east is supposed to be on a yearly bid now.
BB are you asking for the memo I stated about because I will be happy to send it to you on monday night due to it is in my breifcase at work.

Everything you said here is true except the bumping part. You CANNOT bump a driver off a bid that he won just because your run got cut permanently. It has been tried at our terminal more than once. Maybe you do things different at you terminal. I am just saying that IS how it is here at the terminal I work at. Email me the memo, I want too see it. We never received any such memo here. If we did it probably went right to the round file.

west bids line haul which includes our extra board and team. as far as i know we do not have all the classifications that you do. I am not saying this is fact but the terminals i know of do not have hub and such.
east is supposed to be on a yearly bid now.
BB are you asking for the memo I stated about because I will be happy to send it to you on Monday night due to it is in my briefcase at work.

The extra board does not have a yearly bid anymore. Once you are on the extra board, it is first in , first out. We didn't bid the EB in January and I have been told that is how it is going to be from here on out. That is, unless they change it again. Being on the EB kinda bites when your seniority is ignored.

I also heard that teams have their own classification now. Meaning they can't swap back and forth between solo and team. Once you are a team that's it from what I hear. Anyone else heard that ??

The extra board does not have a yearly bid anymore. Once you are on the extra board, it is first in , first out. We didn't bid the EB in January and I have been told that is how it is going to be from here on out. That is, unless they change it again. Being on the EB kinda bites when your seniority is ignored.

I also heard that teams have their own classification now. Meaning they can't swap back and forth between solo and team. Once you are a team that's it from what I hear. Anyone else heard that ??

I heard that about teams also. A team driver told me that he was told by Jim M.that teams would not be considered to bid, until the run up for bid, had went through the L/H, Hub and E/B drivers first. As I have said before, your company seniority needs to count for something. I'm sorry if that affends anyone, but thats how I feel. Your years of devotion with the company should matter. Myself, and several others that have went above and beyond for the company's growth and benefit does matter to Rob, I think.1, across the board, bid process. 1 seniority. I know by saying that, there can be arguements, and well deserved. But, with 1 seniority bid there would be NO question where the drivers stand. I also think there would less hard feelings, because there would be no arguements. But, this is my opinion, and my opinion only.We need to become ONE company,undivided. The rules need to be set in stone for the East and the West.

Yes that's the way it is now in the east...for now.
Don't know how the west teams have it though, I've heard the same but not sure.

Everything you said here is true except the bumping part. You CANNOT bump a driver off a bid that he won just because your run got cut permanently. It has been tried at our terminal more than once. Maybe you do things different at you terminal. I am just saying that IS how it is here at the terminal I work at

I think you nailed the difference out west right there....
I know several guys from different west terminals and the bumping because of run termination seems to vary from one barn to another out there.

We need to become ONE company,undivided. The rules need to be set in stone for the East and the West.

Amen to that.

The company was built here in the east and that is the foundation, but the addition of the opps. in the west are very important to the survival and growth of us also, both equal important and both should be equal in policy.

But it shouldn't differ from term to term. 1 Company--1 Policy.:shift:

Yes. I don't know what some of these TM's that make up their own rules are thinking. Do they think drivers between terminals don't share info?

When it comes to policy I'm thankful my TM is a "by the book" kinda guy. That keeps it fair. But I have seen TM's at other barns that do some things their way and it just causes trouble. But those guys usually don't last very long I've noticed too.

Two boards City and Road in the east that would cure alot of bad feelings about this company.
I can't believe the "Keep it the same" is catching up.

72.5% for some kind of bidding change.
27.5% for keep it the same.

I understand both sides of this debate and for the ones in the minority right now thats ok because thats your opinion and thanks for your votes.

But so far it's looking like the majority is wanting some kind of change.

Poll is still open for ones that still want to get in.

72.5% for some kind of bidding change.
27.5% for keep it the same.

I understand both sides of this debate and for the ones in the minority right now thats ok because thats your opinion and thanks for your votes.

But so far it's looking like the majority is wanting some kind of change.

Poll is still open for ones that still want to get in.

Looks like the poll has come to a stall KD. I can't beleive it was so few voters.