FedEx Freight | Fed ex insurance and joke of a raise

Oh yeah I do, and no I'm not. That's why you didn't know about the raise situation a few years ago, and why you were mad about the guys that aren't a full rate not getting the full raise.

And now your blindfolded grasping at straws. Im not mad at the guys not getting full raise im actually happy the one's at my barn arnt getting it because they don't deserve it. To the other new guys at other barns that come to work and bust their but everyday thats the ones that deserve it.

Been here for 17 years, my insurance is great, no problems. You must have cheeped out when you signed up. And as far as the raise, well, EVERYBODY is hiring, so go find a better deal..
You must be talking about your wife's Union insurance at AT&T because Fedex insurance sucks!

If you work here and don't like the insurance, maybe you should quit and go work at McDonald's and then tell us about how horrible fedex insurance is..

If you haven't had a family member critically ill or worse have a fatal condition that runs the course of years and see how this insurance truly sucks maybe you shouldn't tell those that have how great they have had it with this insurance.

There is an out of pocket limit with our insurance. My wife has had multiple surgeries and god knows how many other tests, scans, and whatever else you can you can think of be poked and prodded at doctor offices, hospitals, and surgery centers over the course of the last 2 years so I am well aware of how our insurance works. Is it the greatest insurance? Of course not. But the premiums are low and the out of pocket expenses are manageable enough to have kept us from being in debt up to our eyeballs!! So my point here is, it could be alot worse and yes I know every situation is different from patient to patient, doctor to doctor, and so forth and results will differ but our experiences so far could be alot worse with the many other sub-par insurance plans that are out there or worse yet be working for a small company that dosent offer insurance and being subject to obummercare.

There is an out of pocket limit with our insurance. My wife has had multiple surgeries and god knows how many other tests, scans, and whatever else you can you can think of be poked and prodded at doctor offices, hospitals, and surgery centers over the course of the last 2 years so I am well aware of how our insurance works. Is it the greatest insurance? Of course not. But the premiums are low and the out of pocket expenses are manageable enough to have kept us from being in debt up to our eyeballs!! So my point here is, it could be alot worse and yes I know every situation is different from patient to patient, doctor to doctor, and so forth and results will differ but our experiences so far could be alot worse with the many other sub-par insurance plans that are out there or worse yet be working for a small company that dosent offer insurance and being subject to obummercare.

This isn't a small company it's a monolithic corporation which is more than capable of offering better insurance to its employees. The fact is obamacare is simply an excuse because our insurance began its nosedive five years before the ACA was passed. We took a pay cut through our benefits which NEVER were above the Cadillac threshold to begin with and our own people try to justify the companies actions with their "less is more" BS. Less is less. Your view on this insurance is just that, your view. Your experiences may not be what overs have had. I think it sucks. And so do many others. If your content with what you have then fine, but don't get the red ass if people aspire for better.

Last edited:
That's the problem....nobody has drive anymore they sit around and they're happy with what they get. Because that's what they're told. Can the company pay for better insurance yes ! Can they be the highest paid LTL out There yes ! But if you go along to get along they will never give you what your worth. None of these changes would be happening if everyone kept they're mouth shut..but the ones that kept they're mouth shut are happy with the changes.

This isn't a small company it's a monolithic corporation which is more than capable of offering better insurance to its employees. The fact is obamacare is simply an excuse because our insurance began its nosedive five years before the ACA was passed. We took a pay cut through our benefits which NEVER were above the Cadillac threshold to begin with and our own people try to justify the companies actions with their "less is more" BS. Less is less. Your view on this insurance is just that, your view. Your experiences may not be what overs have had. I think it sucks. And so do many others. If your content with what you have then fine, but don't get the red ass if people aspire for better.
Once again, if the insurance that is offered along with the pay scale we receive and the other benefits can't satisfy one's personal or family needs then maybe they should look for employment elsewhere. I sure as hell wouldn't stay employed with a company that can't or won't provide what is necessary for me to provide for my family.

Once again, if the insurance that is offered along with the pay scale we receive and the other benefits can't satisfy one's personal or family needs then maybe they should look for employment elsewhere. I sure as hell wouldn't stay employed with a company that can't or won't provide what is necessary for me to provide for my family.

No I think I did what I have a federal right to do and that's seek representation.

Leaving is easy. Staying to bring change for the betterment of all is difficult. Most would take the easy way out. I'm not most.....

We have yet to poll all drivers, company wide. Most have yet to make their opinion known, publicly. Patience, as it's called, only last so long. We must stay tuned...

Ok swampy I have to ask, it's been almost a year and it seams to be going nowhere, do you expect it to come back? I don't see it happening.

We have yet to poll all drivers, company wide. Most have yet to make their opinion known, publicly. Patience, as it's called, only last so long. We must stay tuned...
Ok swampy I have to ask, it's been almost a year and it seams to be going nowhere, do you expect it to come back? I don't see it happening.
And I'll add that the lack of petitions in the last year says volumes about how most drivers company wide feel about the union.

It's certainly shared by most at your center. That's all you should concern yourself with regardless of what happens elsewhere.
You should practice what you preach!!
It's my duty to make sure the rest of the drivers company wide want to remain union free in order to keep your leverage as low as possible....and it seems we're doing a lot better job than you guys!!