Yellow | final months for yrc?

Dude, why don’t you just quit and find a new job. Obvious you’re miserable here. Make yourself happy and find somewhere you enjoy working

Hey get off his back, suggesting he quits.
He is stating facts. Yes the economy is in the crapper.
But we have very little freight in our trucks.
3-4 bills to deliver. Half of which are late.
But we keep being told the "system is current"
I have delivered more late "time criticle" freight this past month than on time ones.
We are not winning customers with our service.
WE are going to lay off drivers for the April re-class.
We are never going to pay off the debt we carry without freight in the trucks!
We all know more Terminal closings are going to happen this Summer.
So where is the good news?

Anyone have any?

It would be nice to hear.
But be honest with your selves, It doesn't look good.
Perception is reality. We keep closing Divisions, and merging together.
It does not look good to customers.
They keep asking if we are going to make it!

here are some positives!!!
1.YRC schooled the IBT
2. Vote on a wage concession and make the members think they are saving the company and their jobs.
3. After the vote, merge 2 companies and close terminals on a 3rd company and layoff 1.000's...THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE PRIOR TO ANY CONCESSIONS FROM THE UNION!
4. gave us in writing what the wage concessions would be..then months after change it and Screw over the members even more..
You can bet that the company knew all along what it was going to do!!! but they made sure to get back from us first!!
IBT was asleep for the last 3 contracts...the wage concessions and the UPS freight deal...THEY HAVE DONE NOTHIN FOR US

Hey get off his back, suggesting he quits.
He is stating facts. Yes the economy is in the crapper.
But we have very little freight in our trucks.
3-4 bills to deliver. Half of which are late.
But we keep being told the "system is current"
I have delivered more late "time criticle" freight this past month than on time ones.
We are not winning customers with our service.
WE are going to lay off drivers for the April re-class.
We are never going to pay off the debt we carry without freight in the trucks!
We all know more Terminal closings are going to happen this Summer.
So where is the good news?

Anyone have any?

It would be nice to hear.
But be honest with your selves, It doesn't look good.
Perception is reality. We keep closing Divisions, and merging together.
It does not look good to customers.
They keep asking if we are going to make it!
my point exactly:bowdown:

here are some positives!!!
1.YRC schooled the IBT
2. Vote on a wage concession and make the members think they are saving the company and their jobs.
3. After the vote, merge 2 companies and close terminals on a 3rd company and layoff 1.000's...THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE PRIOR TO ANY CONCESSIONS FROM THE UNION!
4. gave us in writing what the wage concessions would be..then months after change it and Screw over the members even more..
You can bet that the company knew all along what it was going to do!!! but they made sure to get back from us first!!
IBT was asleep for the last 3 contracts...the wage concessions and the UPS freight deal...THEY HAVE DONE NOTHIN FOR US
and thats positive news.:biglaugh:

Matthew...now I do think you should quit.. ( for being too slow in the head) The positive was being sarcastic..and I was actually sticking up for you...:duh:

CHRIST!! that sounds like a union rep answer...Tell the BA I have a problem at my barn and they say..well if you think u got it bad you should see over at such and such company...
Well I don't care about such and such company...I care about the problems I have at my company...

CHRIST!! that sounds like a union rep answer...Tell the BA I have a problem at my barn and they say..well if you think u got it bad you should see over at such and such company...
Well I don't care about such and such company...I care about the problems I have at my company...

Well you should care because it's a catch 22 The more people are laid off the more they don't shop ,the more they don't shop the lower our freight levels go, the more we lay off !! Its a cycle !!

i cant quit as i said earlier im layed off already because of yrc inability to run a company.

In all likelihood it’s your inability to run your own life

Now come to the position of attention… Execute an about-face and step off smartly with the left foot forward… You’re dismissed

Maybe you were an Ostrich in your former life. The point of all of these other companies struggles is that it affects us because if they don't order parts or toys or what have you we can't ship it. :duh:

Well you should care because it's a catch 22 The more people are laid off the more they don't shop ,the more they don't shop the lower our freight levels go, the more we lay off !! Its a cycle !!

Maybe you were an Ostrich in your former life. The point of all of these other companies struggles is that it affects us because if they don't order parts or toys or what have you we can't ship it. :duh:

Whoa!! What's going on here! Making posts that make sense. Isn't that against some TB rule? Where's the moderator!! :clap:

Well I dont care about those companies problems! I care about my company and the companies in my business. Those companies don't care a rats *** about any of us.. They will use the cheapest carrier in most cases.. And they dont care if we go out because there are other carriers to fill the gap.. Just like if they go out there are other manufacturers to take there place.
GM's problem is in there business model..they have multiple brands and pay for all the cost of advertising and marketing multiple brands..when in fact they are all the same car..just with different names...YRC had 2 brands doing the same thing..thats why they merged...GM needs to do the same...not have 3 brands making the same car and just slapping a different name on each..
And you're right..it's a cycle....that means it comes back around..the weak get weeded out..and the strong stay around

GM's problem is they made cars according to a business model instead of according to what people wanted to buy. You can argue the reason, some say its because they were in the pocket of the oil companies. Unfortunately they relied on the American people to be brand loyal and didn't change their model.

MY buddie

A guy voices his OPINION that he doesn't see an upside to YRC. (which I disagree) and all you guys get on here whining that he is whining. But I have not seen anyone post any positives that are happening at YRC??
Yrc will survive, but bet your *** it will be after they make even more cuts. I said it when they bought roadway/newpenn that there won't be a seperate yellow and roadway company..I also said there won't be any holland, especially in the NE.
How can anyone see them keeping the rest of holland open? Doesn't (yrc) roadway or yellow service exactly the same spots as holland currently does?
Hate to see it happen..but I think the writing is on the walls.
And to Deville: I'll remember the next time they give your run away and you whine to tell you to stop whining and be glad you have a job!!:biglaugh::biglaugh: just kidding bro

(107)Now that wasnt nice i thought we were buddies:duh:

,i know im not gonna get called back the way its going now i accepted that fact i will never be called back.its just a matter of time:smilie_132:
You said it all right there. You know you won't get called back so commence bashing! Perhaps you should resign your employment and move on then since you are so sure of yourself!! I doubt that happens though.