XPO | First day. How'd it go ?

They told us at Yrc that it costs $2500 to rebrand each piece of equipment. I find that real hard to believe

Lol... Your right. Really other than shop wages and vendor wages to remove existing Conway logo's, it hasn't cost much. As for the cost of the new decals, no one knows!

Somebody let Mr. Jacobs know that I'll clean where the stickers are needed and apply the stickers for $2000 each, and I'll get started this weekend. And once the beer kicks in, if any end up crooked or upside down, I'll only charge $1000 to fix them the following weekend.

:1036316054:

It is the same at other companies, last time we had driver appreciation I got a cold hamburger on a hot dog bun with no ketchup....I felt really appreciated!
The last time that I got "appreciated" at Holland was when they bent me over with their pay, vacation, and pension cuts.
{And I might still be a little bitter over that form of appreciation.}

And don't forget the office girls got a nice pay cut.
I'd be willing to bet a paycheck on that being :horseshit: since the last thing that a company wants to do when they take over is cut pay on anyone.

And those big wigs who were cut loose knew that it was coming due to duplicate positions that XPO already had.

The last time that I got "appreciated" at Holland was when they bent me over with their pay, vacation, and pension cuts.
Didn't you get one of those cold hamburgers on a hot dog bun a couple months ago....too bad they ran out of ketchup and potato salad on the day shift.

You voted on those cuts correct?? All of the sudden, like in the old days, it's not easy being a Teamster. Oh I forgot, your not a Teamster anymore.

Anybody having a drop in L/H runs. Been off 2 days this week. 4-7 guys off all this week. Hope its just nervous customers and the general slowing of Freight. Not a stupid x-conway optimizer program. TM says they r expecting an influx of freight into the system the next 2-3 weeks.

Anybody having a drop in L/H runs. Been off 2 days this week. 4-7 guys off all this week. Hope its just nervous customers and the general slowing of Freight. Not a stupid x-conway optimizer program. TM says they r expecting an influx of freight into the system the next 2-3 weeks.
You just rest up they are going to start optimizing you any day now ! :D

You voted on those cuts correct??
Sure did. And voted against them both times......and tried my damnedest to get everyone else to understand that we'd never get those concessions back.
Have you got them back yet?:popcorn:

How much has those concession cost the employees so far? Has it reached $100K lost yet? Must be pretty close by now.

Sure did. And voted against them both times......and tried my damnedest to get everyone else to understand that we'd never get those concessions back.
Have you got them back yet?:popcorn:

How much has those concession cost the employees so far? Has it reached $100K lost yet? Must be pretty close by now.

My point was you voted. You had the choice. More than a non Union driver. The outcome wasn't pretty, but you had a vote. Just like the guys who voted for the cuts, you and they had a vote. The outcome of which you don't agree with, as you say, you voted against the cuts. Would YRCW still be here without the concessions??? Who knows. You went to Holland when it was easy, and left when the going got tough. You were never a Teamster. But we will see how the XPO company you champion works out.

One thing for sure....these guys have no vote, and the company they are looking at, is much like the company you were looking at. A company taken over by another, with the parent compamy assuming huge debt.

Last edited by a moderator:
My point was you voted. You had the choice. More than a non Union driver. The outcome wasn't pretty, but you had a vote. Just like the guys who voted for the cuts, you and they had a vote. The outcome of which you don't agree with, as you say, you voted against the cuts. Would YRCW still be here without the concessions??? Who knows. You went to Holland when it was easy, and left when the going got tough. You were never a Teamster. But we will see how the XPO company you champion works out.

One thing for sure....these guys have no vote, and the company they are looking at, is much like the company you were looking at. A company taken over by another, with the parent compamy assuming huge debt.

We vote with our feet. This guy Jacobs said it. The shortage is real. The asset is drivers. He with the most drivers will win a significant cut of the business.

Can we finally put the Conway Union/ not Union thing to rest? Fact: I put more effort into having a good bowel movement than the teamsters did in trying to organize Conway. Even at our lowest, when morale was in the tank, and we were roasting a member of management over an open fire in the parking lot every other day, the teamsters still couldn't organize it. They managed a few votes at terminals they thought they had the best chance, and that those terminals would infect other ones and do the organizing for them. Even in the nirvana of unionland, Chicago, not one vote was held. You need to let it go. It's over. We chose not to unionize. It's our choice. Respect it and let it go. Or can you?

Again. Freight is down all over North America. It's not just us.

Can we finally put the Conway Union/ not Union thing to rest? Fact: I put more effort into having a good bowel movement than the teamsters did in trying to organize Conway. Even at our lowest, when morale was in the tank, and we were roasting a member of management over an open fire in the parking lot every other day, the teamsters still couldn't organize it. They managed a few votes at terminals they thought they had the best chance, and that those terminals would infect other ones and do the organizing for them. Even in the nirvana of unionland, Chicago, not one vote was held. You need to let it go. It's over. We chose not to unionize. It's our choice. Respect it and let it go. Or can you?

But CF, but CF, but CF. whatever

We vote with our feet. This guy Jacobs said it. The shortage is real. The asset is drivers. He with the most drivers will win a significant cut of the business.

Not when there are drivers and dockworkers not working.

Has anyone heard anything regarding Laredo? I'm curious how our boss is going to handle those guys(and gals) down there..

What else would you expect him to say?