XPO | First day. How'd it go ?

We vote with our feet. This guy Jacobs said it. The shortage is real. The asset is drivers. He with the most drivers will win a significant cut of the business.
The problem with that is if you have two guys sitting home and a driver quits they two other guys are happy, one is working and they both got closer to the top of the ladder. If you have people sitting home every week there is no driver shortage.

Last edited:
What else would you expect him to say?

I don't know what we'd really expect him to say. Honestly..

I wish they told us or had some kind of display in the terminal that said how much freight we're moving across the company and such.. Is it super busy out west but not in the east? Is NY booming with holiday type shipments and the midwest suddenly isn't because winter and farming.. etc..

It's been a pretty slow past year and last year.. I wonder if we're still getting those new trucks..

My point was you voted. You had the choice. More than a non Union driver. The outcome wasn't pretty, but you had a vote. Just like the guys who voted for the cuts, you and they had a vote. The outcome of which you don't agree with, as you say, you voted against the cuts. Would YRCW still be here without the concessions??? Who knows. You went to Holland when it was easy, and left when the going got tough. You were never a Teamster. But we will see how the XPO company you champion works out.

One thing for sure....these guys have no vote, and the company they are looking at, is much like the company you were looking at. A company taken over by another, with the parent compamy assuming huge debt.
Once in a while you put together a coherent thought, then you throw out crap like saying that I was never a Teamster, then you make yourself sound like a fool again.

Not when there are drivers and dockworkers not working.

Has anyone heard anything regarding Laredo? I'm curious how our boss is going to handle those guys(and gals) down there..

True, freight has slipped. Hasn't stopped the reality that there will be more.

Jacobs was dismissive about the union in the conference call. Said is was a non issue.

The problem with that is if you have two guys sitting home and a driver quits they two other guys are happy, one is working and they both got closer to the top of the ladder. If you have people sitting home every week there is no driver shortage.

Happens every winter, and then there is spring. You've been doing this long enough to know better.

Once in a while you put together a coherent thought, then you throw out crap like saying that I was never a Teamster, then you make yourself sound like a fool again.

You paid dues. That is the only problem you had with my post..... correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
We vote with our feet. This guy Jacobs said it. The shortage is real. The asset is drivers. He with the most drivers will win a significant cut of the business.

OK, got ya. You're correct, Swift has like 18 or 20 thousand drivers, and it's all milk and honey over there.

I don't think that's really an apples to apples comparison.

The only reason why it's not is there hasn't been any Union presence in the truck load sector since deregulation. But don't worry, with companies like XPO, it will become apples to apples. A regular right wing , anti Union extravaganza.

Maybe there should be a union/non Union forum like the CSPF forum. Might keep threads on topic. Surprised CT hasn't joined in. Sorry, I'm trolling again.

There used to be. It was up at the top. With politics and sports. People just cussed each other out, mostly. Each side has their opinion and can only repeat themselves so many times. So things degrade to name calling and ignorance. So it was removed. Jeff may have had a more specific rational. But with the cost of running this site going up he turned to advertising. And they wanted family friendly. Which is why everything is so censored now. It all happened around the same time frame. You know, ish.

I actually prefer it this way. If you want to talk about the union as it pertains to this company or that one, you should be able to do it without getting sidetracked by everyone else butting in.

The only reason why it's not is there hasn't been any Union presence in the truck load sector since deregulation. But don't worry, with companies like XPO, it will become apples to apples. A regular right wing , anti Union extravaganza.

Truckload will never be LTL any different than LTL will never be hauling rocks out of the quarry. It's different ::shit:: , man. Come on.

Truckload will never be LTL any different than LTL will never be hauling rocks out of the quarry. It's different :::shit::: , man. Come on.

Maybe you don't want to realize that many TL drivers were employed at Teamster companies before deregulation. TL became the easiest sector of freight to capitalize on from companies who undercut rates and thrived on low wage drivers. It created the demise of Teamster companies in that sector, the huge growth of companies like Schneider National, Swift, etc, and the 80 to 100% turnover rate we've seen in that sector since then.

You think it can't or won't happen in LTL??
It's right around the corner. Look how many companies on TB, have drivers complaining about PTS (Truckload carriers) for linehaul.....it's happening now.

It seems to me that Conway, Fed Ex, OD and the rest have no interest in eating the :::shit::: sandwich that the union is currently selling. Its just a bad product nowadays......face it.

I respect your opinion, and enjoy reading many of your posts flash. But this is what I mean by you were never a Teamster. You went along for the ride when the ride was smooth with Holland. Now you have what, almost 17000 posts, largely criticizing the company you once worked for, as well as the Union you once paid dues to.

If you are so hopped up on the non Union band wagon, please tell us how your new job at Werner Enterprises is going for you.
After all, this is non Union at its finest.

Amazing how pro non Union people, champion employers like fedex, OD, XPO, etc, yet distance themselves from the non Union Truckload carriers.

BTW, what happened to your avatar pic of a UPS tractor pulling what...4 pups???? The one with the caption " not for the amateurs ". Wooooo Scary

Doesn't fit in with your non Union bs, or you weren't able to fool anyone that you actually worked there????

I apologize to everyone for this response, but I have no choice. People like this give me no choice but to defend myself, even though it has nothing to do with this thread's topic. Sorry, but I have to respond.

{WTF TEAMSTER}I respect your opinion, and enjoy reading many of your posts flash. But this is what I mean by you were never a Teamster. You went along for the ride when the ride was smooth with Holland.
I worked for Holland because it was once a really good place to work, when it turned to crap, I left. The concessions were the final straw, and the Union supported the concessions......I did not. When I felt my work ethic start to suffer, I knew that it was time to leave.

Now you have what, almost 17000 posts, largely criticizing the company you once worked for, as well as the Union you once paid dues to.
Totally wrong again. The majority of my posts are NOT in the Holland forum or bashing the Union, but I do post my opinions on both. And if both the Union and that company hadn't gone to crap, myself and others wouldn't have much bad to say about them, now would we? If you disagree, debate the post, and don't make it personal.

If you are so hopped up on the non Union band wagon, please tell us how your new job at Werner Enterprises is going for you.
After all, this is non Union at its finest.
Actually it's J.B. Hunt. I'm a 51% principle owner of them, plus a driver.:nono h4h:

Amazing how pro non Union people, champion employers like fedex, OD, XPO, etc, yet distance themselves from the non Union Truckload carriers.
I'm not pro or anti Union, I don't really care either way. I do my thing, and don't need either. I learned a long time ago......you can only trust yourself, so don't ever count on anyone else for anything. Since I've been in the LTL industry most of my adult life, I don't care about the truckload industry, so I stay out of their business. But I do stay connected to what's going on in the LTL world.

BTW, what happened to your avatar pic of a UPS tractor pulling what...4 pups???? The one with the caption " not for the amateurs ". Wooooo Scary

Doesn't fit in with your non Union bs, or you weren't able to fool anyone that you actually worked there????
Actually there were five pups hooked together. (obviously photo-shopped, but a cool pic.)

I'd love to be able to tell you what I do for a living, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. The reason is on display as we speak. If I did, every post that I make would come under attack by people like you, then every thread gets high-jacked and ends up personal. So I'm not interested in constantly answering questions and personal attacks.

To everyone else.......again, sorry but I had to respond to this :horseshit:.

What the F***! Here is a thread, First day, How did it go? It ends up just like all of the other threads, YRC drivers get on here and it turns out being a union thread. Every single thread turns out to be about horse:::shit::: about the union. When is this :::shit::: gonna stop. This is a NON UNION company and it looks to me like it isn't going to change. Go back to your own forums and leave us the F*** alone! This is exactly why I stopped reading the post recently and it looks like I am going to stop again. I don't care about your union :::shit:::. I care about this company that is Non Union