ABF | Freight Teamsters: Time To Unite For The 2013 Contract!

I tell plunger pumper nothing, I ignore what he says and all I see is Brothers Muler and Docker responding to the idiot.

I am all for it, I ignore plunger pumper and read what else there is to read. Unfortunately all I see is Muler and Docker responding to the jackass.

It looks to me that you now have a problem with Muler and I...since you made sure that you posted this on both threads. If that is the case...why don't you just come right out with it instead of beating around the bush and then we can start arguing amongst ourselves because of this *******. After all...there's nothing better than that idiot would like.

I still am curious to know if anyone has the same concerns that I have about YRC employees having only parts of a contract after the provisions not covered by their Memorandums of Understanding expire March 31, 2013? I would hope that if ABF could retain the framework of the NMFA, and that our brothers at YRC could do the same, the IBT, in it's infinate wisdom, would have the NMFA expire in 2015, and at that point we could negotiate a contract to cover ALL freight teamsters. I'm sure those of us here at ABF could live with a 2 year agreement if this would be the IBT's master strategy.............Damn, I hope there's a Master Strategy.............If parts of the contract for the YRC people are allowed to expire because they didn't accept a "me,too", well then , they will be negotiating a whole separate contract in 2015. So far, Tyson Johnson has said ABF is the only player at the contract table March 31,2013............no mention of a "me,too". Will there be 2 freight contracts....oops, excuse me.....3 (UPSF) freight contracts in 2015?
I'm still waiting to see where this will be a ABF NMFA "ONLY" The only thing I've seen is our pension and pay is under a MOU untill 2015. The rest of our contract expires in 2013 just like yours. Then again I always look for the obsure. :shrug:

ABF CEO Gets $455,000 Raise | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
main4.jpg

vote.jpg

William D. Zollars

Compensation for 2009
Salary $928,104.00
Bonus $0.00
Restricted stock awards $843,767.00
All other compensation $135,000.00
Option awards $ $0.00
Non-equity incentive plan compensation $0.00
Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation earnings $566,000.00
Total Compensation $2,472,871.00

William D. Zollars Profile - Forbes.com

Bill Zollars, the worst CEO in the history of LTL transportation has finally left the building but what he has left behind still lingers as an ongoing concern. Despite the town-hall meeting celebration that took place on Friday, YRCW really has nothing to celebrate. They are not out of the woods yet. Someday they will have to show a profit. Rumours for the past month internally and externally was that YRCW made a profit, but they didn't. They lost 38.7 million dollars. Sure they lost less money than they did in the first quarter, but they still haven't posted a profit in four years. It's ridiculous that this company spins its ills as thrills of greatness.

Since Bill has been in command of YRCW, they have lost over FIFTY THOUSAND EMPLOYEES and over 4.5 billion dollars. Sure the economy was tough, but it was tough on all carriers. Excuses and more excuses is all that we ever heard from Bill Zollars. There was nothing stellar about Zollars. He created the biggest loss in ltl trucking history. Let history speak correctly about Bill Zollars. He was a colossal failure, who should have been removed years ago. As he departs, he leaves the company with several pending lawsuits that could shut down the company. The shareholder lawsuit for hundreds of millions is in progress and the ABF lawsuit for 750.000,000 million dollars is still pending. At the end of the Day, Bill has nothing to hang his hat on. YRCW and the Union couldn't Get rid Of Bill due to his positional alignment within the company. Bill labeled himself CEO, Chairman of the Board and President. He out numbered any decision that could have been made against him. Plus the company couldn't afford to push him out of the door due to his contract. They would have had to pay millions to get rid of him and YRCW couldn't afford to do that.

LTL TRAFFIC.COM: 07/2011

I still am curious to know if anyone has the same concerns that I have about YRC employees having only parts of a contract after the provisions not covered by their Memorandums of Understanding expire March 31, 2013?

The way that I understand the Restructuring Plan is that it extends all parts of the current NMFA and Supplemental Agreements for a two year period.

3. Extension of the NMFA and Supplemental Agreements. This Restructuring Plan modifies and extends the current
NMFA and Supplemental Agreements for a two year period, resulting in an expiration date of March 31, 2015.

6. Wage Increases. This Restructuring Plan provides for hourly rate increases and equivalent mileage rate increase of
$0.40 per hour on April 1, 2011, $0.45 per hour on April 1, 2012, $0.40 per hour on April 1, 2013 and $0.40 per hour on April 1,
7. Wage Reduction. The Employer shall reduce by 15% employees’ gross wages or earnings paid per the NMFA,
including the increases to wages described above in this Section 6 and the reduced wages in Section 15. Such wage reductions
and/or reduced earnings shall include overtime and any premium pay, vacation, sick pay, holiday pay, funeral leave, jury duty, and
other paid for time not worked. Wage and mileage rate increases outlined in Article 33 of the NMFA, effective April 1, 2011,
April 1, 2012, April 1, 2013, and April 1, 2014 shall also be reduced by 15%. This wage reduction will apply to the NMFA bargaining
unit as modified by the General Executive Board of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters on November 24, 2009.
The cost of living adjustment provisions of Article 33 of the NMFA shall be suspended for the duration of this Restructuring Plan.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=yrc%20restructuring%20plan%20extends%202015&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamster.org%2Fsites%2Fteamster.org%2Ffiles%2F93010FREIGHT2Man929web.pdf&ei=kEjKT7fiNOa62wWp6v3aCw&usg=AFQjCNHYAsAiCeMDiWcMlft0gOvfMbQ9Ng&cad=rja

That answers my question. Thanks. So, looks as is ABF will again be negotiating their own contract. More manuvering because of the lawsuit? Ive intruded long enough.....carry on. :popcorn:

That answers my question. Thanks. So, looks as is ABF will again be negotiating their own contract. More manuvering because of the lawsuit? Ive intruded long enough.....carry on. :popcorn:

You're welcome Wolf...but that's just my understanding...it's just so hard to try and predict on how the IBT is going to approach these upcoming talks now and I would like to add that no one would be intruding with their opinions because I...myself think...the more opinions...the better.

It looks to me that you now have a problem with Muler and I...since you made sure that you posted this on both threads. If that is the case...why don't you just come right out with it instead of beating around the bush and then we can start arguing amongst ourselves because of this *******. After all...there's nothing better than that idiot would like.
Responded on the other thread, nothing against you or Muler.

I'm still waiting to see where this will be a ABF NMFA "ONLY" The only thing I've seen is our pension and pay is under a MOU untill 2015. The rest of our contract expires in 2013 just like yours. Then again I always look for the obsure. :shrug:
I was/am confident that YRC had the whole contract extended to 2013. Docker has the specifics.
I still am curious to know if anyone has the same concerns that I have about YRC employees having only parts of a contract after the provisions not covered by their Memorandums of Understanding expire March 31, 2013? I would hope that if ABF could retain the framework of the NMFA, and that our brothers at YRC could do the same, the IBT, in it's infinate wisdom, would have the NMFA expire in 2015, and at that point we could negotiate a contract to cover ALL freight teamsters. I'm sure those of us here at ABF could live with a 2 year agreement if this would be the IBT's master strategy.............Damn, I hope there's a Master Strategy.............If parts of the contract for the YRC people are allowed to expire because they didn't accept a "me,too", well then , they will be negotiating a whole separate contract in 2015. So far, Tyson Johnson has said ABF is the only player at the contract table March 31,2013............no mention of a "me,too". Will there be 2 freight contracts....oops, excuse me.....3 (UPSF) freight contracts in 2015?

I believe we will have what Jimmy the Great will call the "National Freight Standards Agreement". I do not believe that there is a master plan, I believe he and Tyson and the other guy (I forget his name) are winging it and being reactive. I would not be surprised to see three contracts when it is all said and done.

Responded on the other thread, nothing against you or Muler.

I was/am confident that YRC had the whole contract extended to 2013. Docker has the specifics.

I believe we will have what Jimmy the Great will call the "National Freight Standards Agreement". I do not believe that there is a master plan, I believe he and Tyson and the other guy (I forget his name) are winging it and being reactive. I would not be surprised to see three contracts when it is all said and done.
I also think there will be more than one contract.

Ya wolf..The law-suit could change everything but who really knows? It should make a decision before the ABF contract. If they rule in favor of ABF..it's a jackpot for Judy. YRC's concessions are null and void and YRC pays ABF $750M. What's another $1B of debt, right? If the court rules for YRC and forces Judy to do her own dirty work then Judy has to do what Fred did in the pilots strike and ah..it could get ugly.
popcorn.gif

The IBT, TMI lawyers seem to have a good argument
The District Court Correctly Held that ABF Is Not a Party to the
YRC Labor Agreement

Prior to the negotiation of the 2008-2013 NMFA, ABF withdrew TMI‟s authority to represent it in collective-bargaining negotiations and made clear that it would negotiate directly with the IBT for a new CBA applicable only to ABF. (App. 672.)
http://abflegalaction.com/files/2011/03/TMI-Response-Brief.pdf

Im a YRC driver.i think our Union has put all of us in a pickle.im thankful i have a job.old cliche.but at what cost to us members and what wasnt shared with us(info).transpearancy.i didnt vote yes for this mess.

Ya wolf..The law-suit could change everything but who really knows? It should make a decision before the ABF contract. If they rule in favor of ABF..it's a jackpot for Judy. YRC's concessions are null and void and YRC pays ABF $750M. What's another $1B of debt, right? If the court rules for YRC and forces Judy to do her own dirty work then Judy has to do what Fred did in the pilots strike and ah..it could get ugly.
popcorn.gif

The IBT, TMI lawyers seem to have a good argument

http://abflegalaction.com/files/2011/03/TMI-Response-Brief.pdf

joe you never saw our ballots. They clearly stated that we were voting on the NMFA! We have literature from the IBT asking us to vote yes for the NMFA the greatest contract ever. You think that there was no wrong doing and many others think there was some. They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and now they are being called on it. You will see they will first try and cut a deal that will cost ABF Teamsters and we will sue the **** out of everyone involved. Why don't anyone talk about the real big lawsuit? That would be the strong stock holders lawsuit. That one has the chance of costing far more than the ABF lawsuit.

YRC Worldwide Inc. hit by investor lawsuit over alleged securities laws violations | PRLog

joe you never saw our ballots. They clearly stated that we were voting on the NMFA! We have literature from the IBT asking us to vote yes for the NMFA the greatest contract ever. You think that there was no wrong doing and many others think there was some. They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and now they are being called on it. You will see they will first try and cut a deal that will cost ABF Teamsters and we will sue the **** out of everyone involved. Why don't anyone talk about the real big lawsuit? That would be the strong stock holders lawsuit. That one has the chance of costing far more than the ABF lawsuit.

YRC Worldwide Inc. hit by investor lawsuit over alleged securities laws violations | PRLog

ABF teamsters did actually vote on the NMFA in 2008..after TJ had ABF Inc sign the 'me too.' The 'me too' made ABF Inc a part of and maybe even a party to the NMFA but..ABF Inc is not a party to the YRC Labor Agreement. It depends on whose version of the NMFA we're talking about. There seems to be differences in pay, rules and agreements in the NMFA.

That lawsuit was settled. YRC had to pay on that one.

ABF teamsters did actually vote on the NMFA in 2008..after TJ had ABF Inc sign the 'me too.' The 'me too' made ABF Inc a part of and maybe even a party to the NMFA but..ABF Inc is not a party to the YRC Labor Agreement. It depends on whose version of the NMFA we're talking about. There seems to be differences in pay, rules and agreements in the NMFA.

joe if we were told we were voting for the NMFA and now the IBT says ABF is not a party to the NMFA then they at the very least lied to the ABF Teamsters. In other words somebody is being lied to in this matter. I feel yrc and the IBT entered into a deal that was less than appropriate and they have some explaining to do. Whether you agree with ABF or not the IBT changed the business model for yrc and that is what has caused all this trouble. zollars did nothing but take from the company and the yrc teamsters Hell he left with what a 12 million dollar payout. Do you believe he deserved that money? After all under his leadership some 40.000 yrc employees lost their jobs.

Just my Opinion with limited understanding of such things......Ambulance Chasers and will end up going nowhere. As far as I know everything was voted on by the Employees, Investors and yes even the Shareholders. Was everyone done right? We know better. I see Travesties daily in the news about court related BS.....I know right from wrong as do we all, but nobody listens anyway.

Here you go Joey:
Section 1. Employers Covered
The Employer consists of Associations, members of Associations
who have given authorization to the Associations to represent them
in the negotiation and/or execution of this Agreement and
Supplemental Agreements, and ABF who become
signator to this Agreement and Supplemental Agreements as hereinafter
set forth. The signator Associations enter into this
Agreement and Supplemental Agreements as hereinafter set forth.
The signator Associations represent that they are duly authorized to
enter into this Agreement and Supplemental Agreements on behalf
of their members under and as limited by their authorizations as
submitted prior to negotiations.

Since you're too stupid to substitute ABF for the words individual Employers...I did it for you!

ABF is party to the NMFA!!!!

Just my Opinion with limited understanding of such things......Ambulance Chasers and will end up going nowhere. As far as I know everything was voted on by the Employees, Investors and yes even the Shareholders. Was everyone done right? We know better. I see Travesties daily in the news about court related BS.....I know right from wrong as do we all, but nobody listens anyway.
The only difference in the ABF matter is that some very RICH people were wronged. If it had just been you and I done wrong then I am certain that it would hold no water. But rich people always seem to have their day in court. I see where ABF can call foul. I do not think that anyone concerned did it to protect the yrc Teamsters. It is all about money not people. When you have three federal judges saying there is a reason for a trial over a circuit judge's decision to throw it out that says a lot.
It is almost impossible to have a lower courts decision on a ruling over turned and sent back to be heard. So somebody is pulling strings somewhere.
I can assure you of this. It will not be in the best interest of us Teamsters. YOUR NON LAWYER BROTHER ALWAYS!

ABF Inc is not a party to the YRC Labor Agreement. It depends on whose version of the NMFA we're talking about.

That's right...you are talking about your famous "Gold Standard" contract and we are talking about the 2008-2013 NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT!!!

watching%20you.gif

it all comes down to that. joe the plummer feels pissed the way things are for him . that yrc screwed thing up for him that abf should feel the same pain

Face it Joey...this post says it all about you!!!!!!
watching%20you.gif