ABF | HOME SWEET HOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read your comment. I'm just curious if you have any thoughts on Hostess? You remember them? They filed bankruptcy and put thousands of Teamsters, many in CSPF, out of work.
You want to blame everything on YRCW. That IMO is a seriously flawed assumption.
The quote from nonunionfool is missing.
I don't think you really want to start a debate with him. He will chew you up and spit you out. Your hit man just turned tail and ran from him already .

I read your comment. I'm just curious if you have any thoughts on Hostess? You remember them? They filed bankruptcy and put thousands of Teamsters, many in CSPF, out of work.
You want to blame everything on YRCW. That IMO is a seriously flawed assumption.
The quote from nonunionfool is missing.

Just what does the yrc mou have to do with hostess unless you are trying to change the course of this discussion.Or is that how you operate? Are you trying to go with the theory based on something like " Your family only has $5,000 saved up and since your wife has decided to no longer contribute,you decide to use that excuse to justify why you no longer contribute and just shift all the blame on her shoulders. Or is that what you do,never take responsibility for your own actions just put all the blame the other guy for your shortfalls? I have news for you,two wrongs do not make a right.

The bonuses paid to senior management at YRCW is NOT OK with me. However those bonuses represent a tiny percentage of YRCW's gross revenue.
10 million that is a lot of money to me. But it has always appeared you were management friendly. You see that 15 percent cost some brothers their homes and in some cases their family. So I for one do see it different than you.

The bonuses paid to senior management at YRCW is NOT OK with me. However those bonuses represent a tiny percentage of YRCW's gross revenue.
Would the pension liabilities also constitute a tiny percentage of YRC's gross revenue? It appears that YRC upper management has different priorities than the workforce that provides the revenue for both bonuses and pension payments. What I can't understand is how YRC got away with making no pension payments for five months before the first MOU was voted on. Here in W. Pa , the YRC employees were thrown out of the fund for failure of the company to make pension payments for three months,......and this was announced a month before the first MOU proposal. A strikeable offense,....one of the few remaining in the contract,.....yet no B.A., no steward, no committeeman,...no principal officer,.......or even an average employee,..... called for a legally sanctioned strike against YRC. In my opinion, it was fear,..but in hindsight, the YRC employees were badly mislead about the state of YRC's finances, and their vote crippled many pension funds.

Would the pension liabilities also constitute a tiny percentage of YRC's gross revenue? It appears that YRC upper management has different priorities than the workforce that provides the revenue for both bonuses and pension payments. What I can't understand is how YRC got away with making no pension payments for five months before the first MOU was voted on. Here in W. Pa , the YRC employees were thrown out of the fund for failure of the company to make pension payments for three months,......and this was announced a month before the first MOU proposal. A strikeable offense,....one of the few remaining in the contract,.....yet no B.A., no steward, no committeeman,...no principal officer,.......or even an average employee,..... called for a legally sanctioned strike against YRC. In my opinion, it was fear,..but in hindsight, the YRC employees were badly mislead about the state of YRC's finances, and their vote crippled many pension funds.
$250.00 X 20,000 Teamsters X 52 weeks = $260,000,000.
So yes, canaryinthemine the $10 million is a small percentage. And as I have posted numerous times, the bonuses are NOT OK with me.

Post the facts a link please. Or was this just your own idea?
Sorry to disappoint you. But I have considerabley more respect for the other members of this forum.
Once again, nice try but I won't be provoked.

Another great philosophy you have. Its ok that they screw us while they make huge profits because there are so many more of us than them and their salary and bonuses dont affect the bottom line.

Asking for proof would be provoking you? Now I have heard it all.
I guess the facade you have adopted is effecting your ability to comprehend. Many Hostess Teamsters were CSPF participants. Why don't you do the research to prove me wrong?

I guess the facade you have adopted is effecting your ability to comprehend. Many Hostess Teamsters were CSPF participants. Why don't you do the research to prove me wrong?
Like these?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/10/hostess-pensions-diverted_n_2271868.html

That's right they were STEALING the money not putting it in a pension fund for Teamsters. You have NO CREDITABILITY as far as I am concerned. This proves you know nothing but are just another RUMOR STARTER!

Why are you so determined to focus everyones attention to hostess? Are you saying hostess is to blame for the yrc mou?

Does this sound like a fund busting amount. 11 million dollars. You have no credibility .

Union benefit funds, including health and pensions, account for 16 of the 40 top unsecured claims. Some of those pension funds include Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Pension Plan, owed $11.82 million; Twin Cities Bakery Drivers Pension Fund, owed $9.36 million; Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Plan, owed $7 million; and New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension Fund, owed $4.77 million.

http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2012/01/11/union-pension-health-funds-top-hostess-creditor-list/

what does that mean?
This also is not true. First off you are pulling a 20,000 member number from what proof? Secondly many payments goes into the Teamster 401K and benefits nobody but yrc employees. Again that I feel is a violation you all had with the other members of the pension funds.

So your numbers are way off and you again have been shown to have no credibility. You have not proven one thing and you look foolish in posting these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.