TForce | Indy's Vote Prediction!

The pension will go away soon without a contract.

The new pension laws, that go into effect on 1-1-08, will change all pensions. By:hide: law the company can end your pension obligation and without a contract you could do nothing to stop it .

How, with me saying I was happy with what my company gave me makes me bitter.. I just don't want to lose what I have.. I really dont want someone to come into my house and push me around.. And that is the way the union has made me feel for the last 10 years or more.. I'm not saying its not going to be a good thing for everyone. Who knows..

How, with me saying I was happy with what my company gave me makes me bitter.. I just don't want to lose what I have.. I really dont want someone to come into my house and push me around.. And that is the way the union has made me feel for the last 10 years or more.. I'm not saying its not going to be a good thing for everyone. Who knows..

In all honesty Brad, I've got a good feeling that whatever was offered in the contract will be better than what you have now. If not, there would not have been 107 votes for and only 1 against.

Stay tuned, I'm sure information will start coming out soon.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when the numbers came out.. UNREAL... Something has to be good in the package.. U would think.

He was calling me bitter. Can you imagine that. Loving happy go lucky me.:funky:

I've got it figured out. The union told Indy not to talk about the contract. They want to send it out to all the other locals first.

One thing is that we've never really had a lot of Indy guys on here that I remember. We had JustMe but when he got voted out as the Indy Steward he was mad as hell and hasn't been back much since. I wonder if he was the only no vote. I can see Brad and Skeeter's concerns but like CFer stated....surely these issues were handled in the Contract. Damn....the Contract.....that has a hell of a good ring to it.

I was at the hall today after the vote and there were a lot of happy campers coming out of the meeting . I'm not a UPS Frieght employee and was not in the meeting but the men coming out said they all had copies to read along with the union officals. Mentioned were things like a second chance on a failed drug screen and over $21 and change to start and going to around $27 by the end of the 5yr (I think) contract.Like I said I was just listining to guys as the came out and I didn't see any unhappy faces.Somebody surely has a copy that they can post and welcome to all the INDY members.:ShakeHandsNah: :d6625240: :party-smiley-017: :beerchug:

This is a huge day in Teamster and Labor history. I am a very proud Teamster and will be happy to help my local union before and after work go out to the UPSF terminals and help with the process of organizing these men and women. I hope everyone on here will do the same. We all must be active to help our union grow. Congratulations to the Indy UPSF workers and to all UPSF workers everywhere.

This is a huge day in Teamster and Labor history. I am a very proud Teamster and will be happy to help my local union before and after work go out to the UPSF terminals and help with the process of organizing these men and women. I hope everyone on here will do the same. We all must be active to help our union grow. Congratulations to the Indy UPSF workers and to all UPSF workers everywhere.

If the contract is as strong as the Teamsters have been claiming, Your union will grow 20,000 more members.:1036316054:

I was at the hall today after the vote and there were a lot of happy campers coming out of the meeting . I'm not a UPS Frieght employee and was not in the meeting but the men coming out said they all had copies to read along with the union officals. Mentioned were things like a second chance on a failed drug screen and over $21 and change to start and going to around $27 by the end of the 5yr (I think) contract.Like I said I was just listining to guys as the came out and I didn't see any unhappy faces.Somebody surely has a copy that they can post and welcome to all the INDY members.:ShakeHandsNah: :d6625240: :party-smiley-017: :beerchug:

looks like a .50 decrease

I might be off a few cents one way or another but nobody I talked to acted like it was a decrease. I honestly think everyone involved was pleasantly suprised and said all of their questions had been answered. Many expressed that they wished this had been done a long time ago.:funky: :1036316054: