Estes | Is Estes Express Lines For Sale

Roby vs. Rob

Estes wouldn't sale when he had the chance last time he is going to ride it to the bottom. When you work hard and earn something you take care of it. When something is given to you you just don't understand how to care for it.

You hit that right on the head. Roby worked and built the company up, he cared for it. Rob was given the company, he could care less.

You hit that right on the head. Roby worked and built the company up, he cared for it. Rob was given the company, he could care less.

I Think Rob is doing a good job for this company,and I think he does care for everybody here at ESTES.:smilie_132:
PS EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE NEW YEAR

I Think Rob is doing a good job for this company,and I think he does care for everybody here at ESTES.:smilie_132:
PS EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE NEW YEAR

I guess you do not remember the lay offs in the last year when we still used contractors to pull our freight. I am pretty sure Rob did not give a sh*t about one of those drivers he laid off.

I guess you do not remember the lay offs in the last year when we still used contractors to pull our freight. I am pretty sure Rob did not give a sh*t about one of those drivers he laid off.

You are correct he didn't give a :shit:e about those drivers. But he did do them a favor. Elvis out....

You are correct he didn't give a :shit:e about those drivers. But he did do them a favor. Elvis out....

I'm hoping he does me a favor and lays me off so I can collect my unemployment and earn my CDL while I'm off. Then it's off to greener pastures for me.. Maybe Estes will really help fulfill my dreams. :smilie_132:

well more old posts

Wow, you dug into the ranting Elvis archives for that thread. I was quite the bitter driver wasn't I? I apologize for putting you all through that diatribe. I am over my anger with the Richmond crowd. Thanks to Family Mans' intervention. LOL. And have even grown fond of my little Iguana (Beerboy) Hope you all are surviving this economy. Good luck drivers, and please stay safe. Your wife and children depend on it. Sincerely Elvis.....

Negotiations between OD and Conway for one of them to buy out the other? Or for one of them to buy us out? I'm not sure I'd like to work for either. ODFL has the same southern mentality as Estes.. not into paying for OT and other crap like that.. I'm not sure about how the drivers are compensated. Probably Pro-Right to work.. which i still think is a stupid idea, but the again from what I read on the Conway boards here.. that place is sinking fast too, and they're close to being all Combo guys i think. Then again I could be talking out of my @$$... I'm only looking at this from my perspective and the comments made above are also my opinion, no offense meant to people from the south.. I have lots of friends and family there, and their all good folks:1036316054:

Oh comon E u know u hate people from the south. I think that's discrimination. I think I'll call Mr. Obama and see if I can have something done about this. THAT'S IT I''m applying for a bailout.:d6625240:

I totally agree...Rob worked hard for this company!!! From Dock to Driver! Some people forget that we are DEBT ****ING FREE!!!! Not many companies can say that. Everyone else is laying off, and we're buying new terminals (cash!!!) 10 million dollars @ a time!!! Its great working for such a great company. I know there is **** I don't like about my job, but its better than working for those other smucks!!!

I totally agree...Rob worked hard for this company!!! From Dock to Driver! Some people forget that we are DEBT ****ING FREE!!!! Not many companies can say that. Everyone else is laying off, and we're buying new terminals (cash!!!) 10 million dollars @ a time!!! Its great working for such a great company. I know there is **** I don't like about my job, but its better than working for those other smucks!!!

I was going to reply to your post, but Jeff warned us not to feed the trolls. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: TE out.....

From what Ive seen bouncing from terminal to terminal,there's not enough freight to fill up the docks that we have,and some of them could use some of that 10 million to upgrade.

didn't see it, but rumor was that Rob was in Dallas and met with some ABF execs....could be just a rumor....but it is an interesting one....

at least od got some horsepower in them trucks:TR10driving03::bananalama::woohoo1:

And at least they get some pay after sittin for 12 hours or more, talked to one after I was waiting on my 19th hour and he told me they get $7.00 bucks and hour after 12.
7 is'nt much but at least they get something.

didn't see it, but rumor was that Rob was in Dallas and met with some ABF execs....could be just a rumor....but it is an interesting one....

What is ABF going to do with USF and Estes? Did Rob hire B.Zollar $$$$

Hot damn, ABF is going to be the largest LTL company now. Congrats boys!
:clap::clap: