TForce | Jack Holmes does the country!

I never said my 401k changed, it is posted on teamster.org that if we vote union are 401k will rollover to the Teamsters National 401(k) plan. And we lose the match.

I don't know the facts huh, well my eyes must be playing tricks on me.

https://teamsterups.csplans.com/csportal/welcome.do

how does my login work to access my "teamster 401k" when no changes have been made to my "ups 401k"?

I understand that but what I was saying is you will not know the exact language of the new contract purtaining to the match amount if any until we read it!

To any of you my co-workers on here who are interested.
I'm pretty sure my terminal is 90% in favore of signing on as a represented Teamster terminal.
So we should be one of the front runners in the 60 terminal card check race.

For all of you who could care less about my terminal,and where we are in the card check race.
Then you can disregard this post reply on this thread topic.

I know you guys keep saying at "60 terminal limit" but I would think and I figure you guys are only speculating since nobody has seen the language of the National Card Check that if a terminal has the required number to get reconized the IBT will jump on it! Do you guys agree?

To any of you my co-workers on here who are interested.
I'm pretty sure my terminal is 90% in favore of signing on as a represented Teamster terminal.
So we should be one of the front runners in the 60 terminal card check race.

For all of you who could care less about my terminal,and where we are in the card check race.
Then you can disregard this post reply on this thread topic.

I know you guys keep saying at "60 terminal limit" but I would think and I figure you guys are only speculating since nobody has seen the language of the National Card Check that if a terminal has the required number to get reconized the IBT will jump on it! Do you guys agree?

I was hired as pt dock then moved to p&d
I was asked to move back to dock and take the leadman spot then I ran inbound then moved to outbound, currently I do all the outbound then run the road, I have done just about everything a person can except hire or fire someone.

what have I dished out? Your the one that brought up how much you do or don't make, if you don't want people to comment on it then don't post it on the internet.

I can assure you, I am not worried about my job, becuase no matter what stuation I am in, I will make the most of it and I will turn it into my favor just like I have always done, some people are preprogrammed to complain and stick there hand out and to think there entitled to certian things, others will do whatever they have to end up at the top of the food chain.

If you are a dock leadman this National Card Check will not apply to you anyways. Your classification is not part of this process! Not being ugly at all but you might want to go and check this out because I was told dock lead people and up are not going to be involved! Thats were the 3rd party arbitrator comes in on the National Check that was established by UPS. All cards will be given to a 3rd party arbitrator to check if you are a current employee and not a lead man/supervisor or mgt. Here in the Dallas area all copies of current senority rosters were given to the local and verified by the company and double checked by commitee members for everyone full time and part-time being classified correctly. Thats why Jack H has a Regional Mgt. meeting here last week and around the country because there is serious penalties if NLRB laws are broken to bust this card check!:funky:

I was hired as pt dock then moved to p&d
I was asked to move back to dock and take the leadman spot then I ran inbound then moved to outbound, currently I do all the outbound then run the road, I have done just about everything a person can except hire or fire someone.

what have I dished out? Your the one that brought up how much you do or don't make, if you don't want people to comment on it then don't post it on the internet.

I can assure you, I am not worried about my job, becuase no matter what stuation I am in, I will make the most of it and I will turn it into my favor just like I have always done, some people are preprogrammed to complain and stick there hand out and to think there entitled to certian things, others will do whatever they have to end up at the top of the food chain.

If you are a dock leadman this National Card Check will not apply to you anyways. Your classification is not part of this process! Not being ugly at all but you might want to go and check this out because I was told dock lead people and up are not going to be involved! Thats were the 3rd party arbitrator comes in on the National Check that was established by UPS. All cards will be given to a 3rd party arbitrator to check if you are a current employee and not a lead man/supervisor or mgt. Here in the Dallas area all copies of current senority rosters were given to the local and verified by the company and double checked by commitee members for everyone full time and part-time being classified correctly. Thats why Jack H has a Regional Mgt. meeting here last week and around the country because there is serious penalties if NLRB laws are broken to bust this card check!:funky:

The only thing I know is that UPSF Pres, said they have budgeted for 60 terminals., and that the Teamsters can't do every terminal all at once. They have other groups to take care of also. My feeling is to get the ones with the strongest support and a few in key areas. Make the impact felt everywhere.

The only thing I know is that UPSF Pres, said they have budgeted for 60 terminals., and that the Teamsters can't do every terminal all at once. They have other groups to take care of also. My feeling is to get the ones with the strongest support and a few in key areas. Make the impact felt everywhere.

Overnite... you post you have done it all except hire and fire people,,, it sounds like that is the job you really want to have.

Overnite... you post you have done it all except hire and fire people,,, it sounds like that is the job you really want to have.

I could not care less about what anyone thinks about my comments except the guys I work with, No one who posts on this board will influence anyone. I like to give info and blow off steam on the type of guys I can't stand at my center. They talk in circles and it always comes back to there true main issue, ME! ME! ME! At my center we are trying hard to bring all employees into the group, why because if one thing happens to one of us it could happen to all of us. Our group is tight because we don't just talk the talk. We also practice what we preach. Unity, and helping out your fellow employee. I have told all our guys at our meeting, "we all share the same trucks, bathrooms, equipment, and horrible rules, so why not share in the deciesion making process as well. With the union you will have a strong voice and that we do not have now. It is either take it or leave it. I'll leave the:butt kiss: to the "me" guys. That is what they do best anyway.

I don't agree....imagine that right? I think this site will help turn a mans decision becuase it gives him something to think about outside the walls of his own terminal. You can really get a fell about whats going on around the country! Love this site and only wish some of the hate and bashing one another would go away! State your opinion and lets discuss it and with other info being added it might clear up some issues a man has!

I could not care less about what anyone thinks about my comments except the guys I work with, No one who posts on this board will influence anyone. I like to give info and blow off steam on the type of guys I can't stand at my center. They talk in circles and it always comes back to there true main issue, ME! ME! ME! At my center we are trying hard to bring all employees into the group, why because if one thing happens to one of us it could happen to all of us. Our group is tight because we don't just talk the talk. We also practice what we preach. Unity, and helping out your fellow employee. I have told all our guys at our meeting, "we all share the same trucks, bathrooms, equipment, and horrible rules, so why not share in the deciesion making process as well. With the union you will have a strong voice and that we do not have now. It is either take it or leave it. I'll leave the:butt kiss: to the "me" guys. That is what they do best anyway.

I don't agree....imagine that right? I think this site will help turn a mans decision becuase it gives him something to think about outside the walls of his own terminal. You can really get a fell about whats going on around the country! Love this site and only wish some of the hate and bashing one another would go away! State your opinion and lets discuss it and with other info being added it might clear up some issues a man has!

I like the boards also, no disrespect meant. Only to the (ovnt):biglaugh:

I like the boards also, no disrespect meant. Only to the (ovnt):biglaugh:

If you are a dock leadman this National Card Check will not apply to you anyways. Your classification is not part of this process! Not being ugly at all but you might want to go and check this out because I was told dock lead people and up are not going to be involved! Thats were the 3rd party arbitrator comes in on the National Check that was established by UPS. All cards will be given to a 3rd party arbitrator to check if you are a current employee and not a lead man/supervisor or mgt. Here in the Dallas area all copies of current senority rosters were given to the local and verified by the company and double checked by commitee members for everyone full time and part-time being classified correctly. Thats why Jack Holmes has a Regional Mgt. meeting here last week and around the country because there is serious penalties if NLRB laws are broken to bust this card check!:funky:

Where can you get info on the card check agreement language?

If you are a dock leadman this National Card Check will not apply to you anyways. Your classification is not part of this process! Not being ugly at all but you might want to go and check this out because I was told dock lead people and up are not going to be involved! Thats were the 3rd party arbitrator comes in on the National Check that was established by UPS. All cards will be given to a 3rd party arbitrator to check if you are a current employee and not a lead man/supervisor or mgt. Here in the Dallas area all copies of current senority rosters were given to the local and verified by the company and double checked by commitee members for everyone full time and part-time being classified correctly. Thats why Jack Holmes has a Regional Mgt. meeting here last week and around the country because there is serious penalties if NLRB laws are broken to bust this card check!:funky:

Do I think they can get them all in 08? No, and I know for a fact you are correct the ones with the most intrest that the IBT knows they can sign up with little to no education needed they will handle first. I also believe this is done to (I hate to say it) put the squeaze on a smaller market/terminal with everyone around them going union and the employees thinking......they all did it we need to as well. Kinda like the USF Dugan stuff and what I mean is some of them terminal like Dallas was right down the street from USF Bestway and for years they Dugan said no and then they moved all there work to Bestway and those guys were not needed anymore. I know extreme case but same concept , guys think like that and some have been around the block a few times and have seen it happen first hand and they just might say lets sign just for that reason! I know that sound horrible but peer pressure is a powerful tool! I also believe the National Card Check language has a 3 year window on it for existing terminal and for new terminal they will be squared away as they open! Just food for thought guys I am no labor expert but I am posting what I have been told and my sources at the local are very reliable and not only friends but FAMILY.

Do I think they can get them all in 08? No, and I know for a fact you are correct the ones with the most intrest that the IBT knows they can sign up with little to no education needed they will handle first. I also believe this is done to (I hate to say it) put the squeaze on a smaller market/terminal with everyone around them going union and the employees thinking......they all did it we need to as well. Kinda like the USF Dugan stuff and what I mean is some of them terminal like Dallas was right down the street from USF Bestway and for years they Dugan said no and then they moved all there work to Bestway and those guys were not needed anymore. I know extreme case but same concept , guys think like that and some have been around the block a few times and have seen it happen first hand and they just might say lets sign just for that reason! I know that sound horrible but peer pressure is a powerful tool! I also believe the National Card Check language has a 3 year window on it for existing terminal and for new terminal they will be squared away as they open! Just food for thought guys I am no labor expert but I am posting what I have been told and my sources at the local are very reliable and not only friends but FAMILY.

Yes I also agree that this truckingboard is a very valuable forum for us sheltered city drivers to be aware of whats going on in the rest of the trucking community.

My TM really used to get bent out of shape when I inform him of something I've seen on here that he is just finding out about.

But seeing its happend a lot of times that I speak up first at my place.
he's used to it by now,and doesn't hassel me anymore.

I know for a fact I'd never want his job.
He almost lives at our terminal,and those conference calls he has to put up with,once,or twice a day,would drive me totally bonkers.

Yup I'm a UPS Freight steering wheel holder,which is hard enough.
I'll say God bless all of our TM's they really need all the help,they can get.

Yes I also agree that this truckingboard is a very valuable forum for us sheltered city drivers to be aware of whats going on in the rest of the trucking community.

My TM really used to get bent out of shape when I inform him of something I've seen on here that he is just finding out about.

But seeing its happend a lot of times that I speak up first at my place.
he's used to it by now,and doesn't hassel me anymore.

I know for a fact I'd never want his job.
He almost lives at our terminal,and those conference calls he has to put up with,once,or twice a day,would drive me totally bonkers.

Yup I'm a UPS Freight steering wheel holder,which is hard enough.
I'll say God bless all of our TM's they really need all the help,they can get.

We have a UPGF IBT organizer already at our local and when we meet he went over with other IBT officals the language and had a hard copy of this language. To answer your question you would have to get with your local for a copy of this language. I am no sure of your knowledge of contracts and not questioning your knowledge but let me explain. The article in the contract that discusses the National Card Check language is very elementary to but it simple. But a break down of that article is separate and most of the time it is called "letter of understanding" and it gives specifics that really does not apply to day to day articles that will be policed at your terminal. Kinda like in the NMFA when it comes to a bid forklift operator and the ratio that dictates when and how they are bid. The NMFA article that covers it is simple but when and it has happed several times over the course of the years been challenged by the company a "letter of understanding" is sumitted to clear up and make very clear the rules governing this article!