TForce | Jack Holmes does the country!

Where can you get info on the card check agreement language?

We have a UPGF IBT organizer already at our local and when we meet he went over with other IBT officals the language and had a hard copy of this language. To answer your question you would have to get with your local for a copy of this language. I am no sure of your knowledge of contracts and not questioning your knowledge but let me explain. The article in the contract that discusses the National Card Check language is very elementary to but it simple. But a break down of that article is separate and most of the time it is called "letter of understanding" and it gives specifics that really does not apply to day to day articles that will be policed at your terminal. Kinda like in the NMFA when it comes to a bid forklift operator and the ratio that dictates when and how they are bid. The NMFA article that covers it is simple but when and it has happed several times over the course of the years been challenged by the company a "letter of understanding" is sumitted to clear up and make very clear the rules governing this article!

I'll say God bless all of our TM's they really need all the help,they can get.[/QUOTE]

"God bless us, everyone." I just couldn't resist:hysterical:

I'll say God bless all of our TM's they really need all the help,they can get.[/QUOTE]

"God bless us, everyone." I just couldn't resist:hysterical:

as a retired 40 yr dispatcher with union & non-union i have seen both paychecks as we handed them out. there is no way in h--- u will do anything but gain i promise. happy holidays

as a retired 40 yr dispatcher with union & non-union i have seen both paychecks as we handed them out. there is no way in h--- u will do anything but gain i promise. happy holidays

Do I think they can get them all in 08? No, and I know for a fact you are correct the ones with the most intrest that the IBT knows they can sign up with little to no education needed they will handle first. I also believe this is done to (I hate to say it) put the squeaze on a smaller market/terminal with everyone around them going union and the employees thinking......they all did it we need to as well. Kinda like the USF Dugan stuff and what I mean is some of them terminal like Dallas was right down the street from USF Bestway and for years they Dugan said no and then they moved all there work to Bestway and those guys were not needed anymore. I know extreme case but same concept , guys think like that and some have been around the block a few times and have seen it happen first hand and they just might say lets sign just for that reason! I know that sound horrible but peer pressure is a powerful tool! I also believe the National Card Check language has a 3 year window on it for existing terminal and for new terminal they will be squared away as they open! Just food for thought guys I am no labor expert but I am posting what I have been told and my sources at the local are very reliable and not only friends but FAMILY.

And that is wrong, people shouldn't join a union becuase there pressured into it or they fear they will lose there jobs if they don't join. They should join becuase it is in there best intrest. You admit it happens and you say it is wrong, but aren't these the very tactics were trying to get away from and be protected from?

I wasn't around then so I don't exactly understand what your saying about dugan.

Would it be the same as say dallas voting union and memphis not voting union and dallas doing everything it can to run freight around memphis?

Do I think they can get them all in 08? No, and I know for a fact you are correct the ones with the most intrest that the IBT knows they can sign up with little to no education needed they will handle first. I also believe this is done to (I hate to say it) put the squeaze on a smaller market/terminal with everyone around them going union and the employees thinking......they all did it we need to as well. Kinda like the USF Dugan stuff and what I mean is some of them terminal like Dallas was right down the street from USF Bestway and for years they Dugan said no and then they moved all there work to Bestway and those guys were not needed anymore. I know extreme case but same concept , guys think like that and some have been around the block a few times and have seen it happen first hand and they just might say lets sign just for that reason! I know that sound horrible but peer pressure is a powerful tool! I also believe the National Card Check language has a 3 year window on it for existing terminal and for new terminal they will be squared away as they open! Just food for thought guys I am no labor expert but I am posting what I have been told and my sources at the local are very reliable and not only friends but FAMILY.

And that is wrong, people shouldn't join a union becuase there pressured into it or they fear they will lose there jobs if they don't join. They should join becuase it is in there best intrest. You admit it happens and you say it is wrong, but aren't these the very tactics were trying to get away from and be protected from?

I wasn't around then so I don't exactly understand what your saying about dugan.

Would it be the same as say dallas voting union and memphis not voting union and dallas doing everything it can to run freight around memphis?

But that has zero to do with our situation

I will lose money that is a fact, so will some others, my situation is not unique.

Whenever I post about it others resort to personal attacks and call me anti-union rather than try and prove me wrong, or show me where I am wrong.

I am not pro-union or pro-company, I am for whatever benefits me.

So make me a beleiver, show me where I am gonna gain, by voting yes.

I will lose money that is a fact, so will some others, my situation is not unique.

Whenever I post about it others resort to personal attacks and call me anti-union rather than try and prove me wrong, or show me where I am wrong.

Well then now that we are seeing how UPS is trying to join us with their parcel division concerning work rules,and time studies.
Where will we be without union representation?

Does everyone feel we are still going to be ok working as a non-union company like we were with Overnite?
Or after all the changes we have gone through,as well as we are still going to see more.
As well as knowing UPS is used to dealling with the Teamsters concerning their parcel division, wouldn't we be better off having union representation in the long run?

I'm not trying to cause trouble,or being sarcastic I'm possing good questions as to what we are better off with?
non-union being on our own,and just dealling with our TM's like we did with Overnite,or signing on with the union,and having some representation,as well as a bargaining unit to work out the future benefit,and wage package for our freight division?

Well then now that we are seeing how UPS is trying to join us with their parcel division concerning work rules,and time studies.
Where will we be without union representation?

Does everyone feel we are still going to be ok working as a non-union company like we were with Overnite?
Or after all the changes we have gone through,as well as we are still going to see more.
As well as knowing UPS is used to dealling with the Teamsters concerning their parcel division, wouldn't we be better off having union representation in the long run?

I'm not trying to cause trouble,or being sarcastic I'm possing good questions as to what we are better off with?
non-union being on our own,and just dealling with our TM's like we did with Overnite,or signing on with the union,and having some representation,as well as a bargaining unit to work out the future benefit,and wage package for our freight division?

You will be a TEAMSTER! :biglaugh:

You will be a TEAMSTER! :biglaugh:

It was no better when ovnt fired, harrased and threatened employees of the old unionized terminals that they would close them down. How can you possibly prove you will lose money? You have no contract now and anything you have now can be taken away without you being able to do anything but quit. who knows? you may lose your 401k match soon, I was told that no terminal can get anything more than INDY, union or non-union.

It was no better when ovnt fired, harrased and threatened employees of the old unionized terminals that they would close them down. How can you possibly prove you will lose money? You have no contract now and anything you have now can be taken away without you being able to do anything but quit. who knows? you may lose your 401k match soon, I was told that no terminal can get anything more than INDY, union or non-union.

meeting

cool,, we have a meeting jan 6 with our local I have not heard we have a card check. Word on my dock, our dock sups and hub managment is so how do I say,,,NO PEOPLE SKILLS may as well hand out the cards because they all but signed the cards themselves. In the words of Rambo ''THEY drew first blood''
is this another headcount meeting or are gonna actually say something this time?