TForce | Jack Holmes does the country!

post #16 says insurance cost are not set, post #1 says he will save money, do you two want to deceide who knows what there talking about?

That is great it works out for you, you would be crazy not to vote yes, you must be a city driver becuase you are talking about hourly raises, as I posted in another tread all hourly employees lose nothing, and gain across the board and you gain ot after 8, you guys really get a good deal.

but in my case my medical, extra life and extra accidental death currently comes to a whopping $7.06 per week.

so there is an increase of atleast $25 per month but added extra coverage has not been priced under the pending contract and will cost more.

I would lose about $3000 a year in 401k match, and I would lose about $290 a week in drop and hook pay, and I have to pay $58 a month for dues, so total I am around $18,000 in the hole.

1. How much will the $3000 in 401k match grow with intrest over 25 years?

2. I might be able to recoup the drop and hook pay but I will have to work 14 hours everyday, by working 3 more hours everyday just to make the same mount of money as before working at 11-12.

It seems they robbed the road drivers and paid the city drivers.

What are you talking about? Your mileage rate will be 56 cents to start and top out at 66 cents in 5 years. You think you will be any where close to that remaining non union? Not to mention all of the delay pay that a lot of us will gain. It's a no brainer in my neck of the woods. Elvis out...

post #16 says insurance cost are not set, post #1 says he will save money, do you two want to deceide who knows what there talking about?

That is great it works out for you, you would be crazy not to vote yes, you must be a city driver becuase you are talking about hourly raises, as I posted in another tread all hourly employees lose nothing, and gain across the board and you gain ot after 8, you guys really get a good deal.

but in my case my medical, extra life and extra accidental death currently comes to a whopping $7.06 per week.

so there is an increase of atleast $25 per month but added extra coverage has not been priced under the pending contract and will cost more.

I would lose about $3000 a year in 401k match, and I would lose about $290 a week in drop and hook pay, and I have to pay $58 a month for dues, so total I am around $18,000 in the hole.

1. How much will the $3000 in 401k match grow with intrest over 25 years?

2. I might be able to recoup the drop and hook pay but I will have to work 14 hours everyday, by working 3 more hours everyday just to make the same mount of money as before working at 11-12.

It seems they robbed the road drivers and paid the city drivers.

What are you talking about? Your mileage rate will be 56 cents to start and top out at 66 cents in 5 years. You think you will be any where close to that remaining non union? Not to mention all of the delay pay that a lot of us will gain. It's a no brainer in my neck of the woods. Elvis out...

they want concessions becuase the teamsters settled for less than the nmfa, that gives UPS an advantage over those companies.

You have to wonder why did UPS agree so easily to a cardcheck? And Why did the teamsters agree without much opposition to let UPS out of the centeral states pension plan?

they want concessions becuase the teamsters settled for less than the nmfa, that gives UPS an advantage over those companies.

You have to wonder why did UPS agree so easily to a cardcheck? And Why did the teamsters agree without much opposition to let UPS out of the centeral states pension plan?

no, it means me and my wife worked 2 jobs each while we were in our twenties ever since we were in high school and now that we are in out 30's everything is paid for we shared a used car for 7 years until I felt we could afford to buy me a a $700 1984 s10 blazer, we bought a house at very young age and paid it off in 10 years, so you don't have a clue, of who you are talking too, if your struggling bacuase of a $300 week pay cut then your living above your means, or if your counting on ot to pay the bills that is a recipe for disaster.

And here we go again with the personal attacks.

You can dish it out but can't take, huh? And now you are my financial advisor? You should show all your post to your TM:butt kiss: maybe you and him can hug each other, and cry about when OVNT used to bust unions and fire employees who started union drives. I'd can't wait to they cut your road run miles and hours, then you'll be as pissed as the rest of us, you road guys are clue-less about the day to day bs we dock and city guys go through. What makes you think the 401k match is going to always be at UPSF? It could be gone anytime the co. says so. Tranfer to PD and you will be pro-union in a short time.

no, it means me and my wife worked 2 jobs each while we were in our twenties ever since we were in high school and now that we are in out 30's everything is paid for we shared a used car for 7 years until I felt we could afford to buy me a a $700 1984 s10 blazer, we bought a house at very young age and paid it off in 10 years, so you don't have a clue, of who you are talking too, if your struggling bacuase of a $300 week pay cut then your living above your means, or if your counting on ot to pay the bills that is a recipe for disaster.

And here we go again with the personal attacks.

You can dish it out but can't take, huh? And now you are my financial advisor? You should show all your post to your TM:butt kiss: maybe you and him can hug each other, and cry about when OVNT used to bust unions and fire employees who started union drives. I'd can't wait to they cut your road run miles and hours, then you'll be as pissed as the rest of us, you road guys are clue-less about the day to day bs we dock and city guys go through. What makes you think the 401k match is going to always be at UPSF? It could be gone anytime the co. says so. Tranfer to PD and you will be pro-union in a short time.

Could it be that UPS has the upper hand with the Teamsters because of all the people who are in their employee pool?

Could it be that UPS has the upper hand with the Teamsters because of all the people who are in their employee pool?

Hey, Mr. when you start paying my bills and taking care of my family I'll take your advice. When you have your OT cut, road man you have no money left for a 401k. I have gone from $1100 -$1200 gross per weak to $900 per week or less. That is before taxes. I'm glad for you that you have alot a dispossible income. I do not. So the 401k match is of no use to me. At my center guys are struggling to get 40 hrs a week. Your statement is a view into your soul, a self centered, me first, F-everyone else type of guy. Happy Holidays!:chairshot::nutkick::1036316054:

Hey guys, we really need to quit fighting amongst ourselves here. We are all in this together. We all want the best for ourselves and our family. We are all passionate about these issues. And we, as UPSF brothers, need to lasso this passion, spread it around to those who are more apathetic then we are. Get them involved with decisions that are going to affect our futures for years to come. I for one, am very excited to see UPS is willing to work with us and the Teamsters to solidify a prosperous future for the employees as well as the company. We really should feel extremely lucky with this historic agreement that has fell into our laps. My point here is that we all need to get involved with the decision making. UPS parcel drivers have had it so good ,for so long, they have become complacent and apathetic in regards to union meetings, negotiations etc. Not trying to urinate in any ones wheaties here. Just conveying my own observation. Anyway, this is a new beginning to what will be the most succesfull super carrier on the planet. And it will be the most prosperous and most secure company to work for. Elvis out....

I was hired as pt dock then moved to p&d
I was asked to move back to dock and take the leadman spot then I ran inbound then moved to outbound, currently I do all the outbound then run the road, I have done just about everything a person can except hire or fire someone.

what have I dished out? Your the one that brought up how much you do or don't make, if you don't want people to comment on it then don't post it on the internet.

I can assure you, I am not worried about my job, becuase no matter what stuation I am in, I will make the most of it and I will turn it into my favor just like I have always done, some people are preprogrammed to complain and stick there hand out and to think there entitled to certian things, others will do whatever they have to end up at the top of the food chain.

I was hired as pt dock then moved to p&d
I was asked to move back to dock and take the leadman spot then I ran inbound then moved to outbound, currently I do all the outbound then run the road, I have done just about everything a person can except hire or fire someone.

what have I dished out? Your the one that brought up how much you do or don't make, if you don't want people to comment on it then don't post it on the internet.

I can assure you, I am not worried about my job, becuase no matter what stuation I am in, I will make the most of it and I will turn it into my favor just like I have always done, some people are preprogrammed to complain and stick there hand out and to think there entitled to certian things, others will do whatever they have to end up at the top of the food chain.

Where have you seen anything on road driver pay? I have not seen anything as far as mileage pay, I would like to read up on that.

The delay pay here in florida at the hub all drivers can work the dock if they want to, I always do, so me and most all drivers do work the dock so delay pay is a non issue, but under the contract delay pay still doesn't start until 30 minuites before your sheduled depart time. Instead of 1 hour after.

Where have you seen anything on road driver pay? I have not seen anything as far as mileage pay, I would like to read up on that.

The delay pay here in florida at the hub all drivers can work the dock if they want to, I always do, so me and most all drivers do work the dock so delay pay is a non issue, but under the contract delay pay still doesn't start until 30 minuites before your sheduled depart time. Instead of 1 hour after.

I could not care less about what anyone thinks about my comments except the guys I work with, No one who posts on this board will influence anyone. I like to give info and blow off steam on the type of guys I can't stand at my center. They talk in circles and it always comes back to there true main issue, ME! ME! ME! At my center we are trying hard to bring all employees into the group, why because if one thing happens to one of us it could happen to all of us. Our group is tight because we don't just talk the talk. We also practice what we preach. Unity, and helping out your fellow employee. I have told all our guys at our meeting, "we all share the same trucks, bathrooms, equipment, and horrible rules, so why not share in the deciesion making process as well. With the union you will have a strong voice and that we do not have now. It is either take it or leave it. I'll leave the:butt kiss: to the "me" guys. That is what they do best anyway.

I could not care less about what anyone thinks about my comments except the guys I work with, No one who posts on this board will influence anyone. I like to give info and blow off steam on the type of guys I can't stand at my center. They talk in circles and it always comes back to there true main issue, ME! ME! ME! At my center we are trying hard to bring all employees into the group, why because if one thing happens to one of us it could happen to all of us. Our group is tight because we don't just talk the talk. We also practice what we preach. Unity, and helping out your fellow employee. I have told all our guys at our meeting, "we all share the same trucks, bathrooms, equipment, and horrible rules, so why not share in the deciesion making process as well. With the union you will have a strong voice and that we do not have now. It is either take it or leave it. I'll leave the:butt kiss: to the "me" guys. That is what they do best anyway.

I heard that no cards will be given out until after 1-4-08.

That may not be true. SAT has turned in over 80 percent of cards signed. Called local on Thursday and he told us that we are going to be combined with SEA and are waiting until they have a good amount of cards to turn in. They are a former Overnite terminal, so things are going slower there, but from what I hear they are around 60 percent at this point. The local wants us to be part of that first wave with the Texas and New England group.

I heard that no cards will be given out until after 1-4-08.

That may not be true. SAT has turned in over 80 percent of cards signed. Called local on Thursday and he told us that we are going to be combined with SEA and are waiting until they have a good amount of cards to turn in. They are a former Overnite terminal, so things are going slower there, but from what I hear they are around 60 percent at this point. The local wants us to be part of that first wave with the Texas and New England group.

The typical union sign up card will only be for your local. I have been told that there will be a special card to be sent to D.C. to verify the terminal count. This will be done by an independent arbitrator. Picked by UPS and the Teamsters.

The typical union sign up card will only be for your local. I have been told that there will be a special card to be sent to D.C. to verify the terminal count. This will be done by an independent arbitrator. Picked by UPS and the Teamsters.

I never said my 401k changed, it is posted on teamster.org that if we vote union are 401k will rollover to the Teamsters National 401(k) plan. And we lose the match.

I don't know the facts huh, well my eyes must be playing tricks on me.

https://teamsterups.csplans.com/csportal/welcome.do

how does my login work to access my "teamster 401k" when no changes have been made to my "ups 401k"?

I understand that but what I was saying is you will not know the exact language of the new contract purtaining to the match amount if any until we read it!