XPO | Just my thought on the end of Conway as we know it.

Looking forward to you being XPO. No more sugar tit. Can't wait.
Just like I thought you are just repeating tall tails!
I don't need to talk to bitter old men with an agenda. I've heard these stories for years without any proof.
I think you're pissed off because your union sold you down the river and a huge percentage of Conway drivers, when given the chance to unionize rejected the idea. Maybe after this buyout is done and XPO is in da house, and we're kicking the crap out of the union company, you should consider coming to work for us.
Now that's some funny ::shit:: right there, ever think about doing standup? You would be good at it!

I think you're pissed off because your union sold you down the river and a huge percentage of Conway drivers, when given the chance to unionize rejected the idea. Maybe after this buyout is done and XPO is in da house, and we're kicking the crap out of the union company, you should consider coming to work for us.

When XPO "Is in da house" and they are trying to squeeze anther $200+ million out of the old Con Way like they said they would get out of it, where do you think XPO with their track record is going to squeeze it from?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSnPn29Cp15+88+PRN20150429

One thing you all forgot, is there would not be a Con-Way with out all the money that was taken from Consolidated Freight!!!
No money was "Taken" from CF, "In 1939 CF Inc. started its own truck manufacturing operation, Freightliner. On July 31, 1981, it sold its truck manufacturing business and the Freightliner brand to Daimler-Benz AG now part of Daimler AG.[1Con-Way Western Express was started with the money Cf made when they sold "Freightliner".

Reading your comments, some good some bad (disgusting).
Yes, we all have CDLs. We have a lot of experience, safe miles, etc. but and I mean but, when you leave a company you will start at the bottom pay included. Let's just say you are making 25ph, next company may only pay you 16ph. Or LINEHAUL 50cpm vs 30cpm. That will shock the s*** out of a person with 10yrs plus experience. Even if XPO is in control, they don't have to keep your pay where you are at. As the saying goes like it or leave it.

Reading your comments, some good some bad (disgusting).
Yes, we all have CDLs. We have a lot of experience, safe miles, etc. but and I mean but, when you leave a company you will start at the bottom pay included. Let's just say you are making 25ph, next company may only pay you 16ph. Or LINEHAUL 50cpm vs 30cpm. That will shock the s*** out of a person with 10yrs plus experience. Even if XPO is in control, they don't have to keep your pay where you are at. As the saying goes like it or leave it.
Yea this is probably true if you try to negotiate on your own. If you have a safe record we should not have to start over. I am truckload and already had a couple of calls asking if I would stay or go. I said I'm not going backwards on pay or bennies one asked me to come in. I declined as I want to try to make it work for xpo so the younger guys can enjoy what I had for 4 decades now.

Yea this is probably true if you try to negotiate on your own. If you have a safe record we should not have to start over. I am truckload and already had a couple of calls asking if I would stay or go. I said I'm not going backwards on pay or bennies one asked me to come in. I declined as I want to try to make it work for xpo so the younger guys can enjoy what I had for 4 decades now.
Do you think another company matters how SAFE you were?
They are not going to pay you what you are making, believe me. Been there done that.

They could try to "squeeze" it out of the employees , but not before they try to get it from the competition.

So your new savior XPO is gonna start undercutting all the competition, like Schneider did in the truckload sector after deregulation???? We'll see how that works out for you.

I started at "Conway Western Express" in Ventura Calif. in 1986. They were a new and upcoming company. I had been with "GI Trucking" for about a year. I learned to drive at GI on my lunch break which was about 2am. GI was not treating me all that well so I applied at "CWX". UVC was brand new, hadn't opened for business yet, I was hired the next day, I was 22 years old. UVC was just a small operation, maybe 12 doors or a few more. We only serviced three states back then, Calif, Nv. and Az. I loved my new job, my new company and my new friends. So here we are, 29 years later, and now I have to say "goodbye" to the name "Conway" and who know's what else, I, you, all of us, will have to say good bye to. I know that a lot of people here on the "Trucking Boards" have not had a positive experience working for Conway, but for me, I have loved working here, and hope that I will continue to love working here. It will be hard to except that "Conway" will no longer exist, as I have always known it. I am sure I can't be the only one who feels this way. I always wanted to be a truck driver, and in 1986, no other company would hire me, A young 22 year old man, 1 year of driving experience, but very eager to make a career out of trucking. "Conway" took a chance on me, and I am still here, I still love my job, and I hope the years I have left, will be great as well. I have been through the best and worst years with "Conway", I hope even better years await us all, no matter what it says on the side of our trucks. Have a great weekend, and always be safe!
Now you know how the men and women from CF feel, because they built conway. They think as much of you as they did us, took a while to screw yall over. You havent seen anything yet. No hard feelings, best of luck to you

Now you know how the men and women from CF feel, because they built conway. They think as much of you as they did us, took a while to screw yall over. You havent seen anything yet. No hard feelings, best of luck to you

No hard feelings?? Screw Con Job. They never gave a crap about the CF drivers who lost their jobs, whose lives were disrupted. Playing nice with scabs has produced nothing. They reap the benefits because of the threat of the Teamsters in the LTL sector, yet they contribute nothing.

They have only used the Teamsters to get their trucks turned up, and a raise. Now they can live with the consequences of the XPO.

I personally hope they go the way of the Dinasaur, the same way Con Job management hoped YRCW would go, when they cut their rates hoping to put the final nail in YRCW.

WHAT COMES AROUND, GOES AROUND.

It will definitely be nice not seeing Con Job on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
No hard feelings?? Screw Con Job. They never gave a crap about the CF drivers who lost their jobs, whose lives were disrupted. Playing nice with scabs has produced nothing. They reap the benefits because of the threat of the Teamsters in the LTL sector, yet they contribute nothing.

They have only used the Teamsters to get their trucks turned up, and a raise. Now they can live with the consequences of the XPO.

I personally hope they go the way of the Dinasaur, the same way Con Job management hoped YRCW would go, when they cut their rates hoping to put the final nail in YRCW.

WHAT COMES AROUND, GOES AROUND.

It will definitely be nice not seeing Con Job on the road.
It's going to be so nice in the new xpo forum not having to deal with trolls such as yourself.

Hey man,
I don't have 29 years of driving experience with conway, and I don't know many people in the company besides the friends I have at the XWO terminal. But everything you just said I can relate to. I am 29 years old and I have had a rough life. My past has made it very difficult for me to provide for my kids and be the man that I am meant to be. Until I worked for Conway . I always knew i wanted to drive trucks but i didn't have a cdl, I had a permit and years of dockworker experience. Conway took a chance on me and for the first time in my life I had someone believe in me and invest in me. Conway put me behind the wheel and on the road and for that I will be always be greatful. It saddens me to know that they are gone because even with all the negative that you hear, they are the first to believe in me....i got my license in 7 weeks, and on week 8 I was driving linehaul to NJ and back making very good money. It's an honor to wear this uniform, and I hope with everything that's within me that this deal doesn't go through. I love my job and not many people can say that
You sound like a good man, fredster. You've gotten your life back in order from what I read. If Conway Freight helped you do that, then kudos to them, but YOU are the real success story in this. Great people leave behind legacies for others to take up, and I'm sure you kids have noticed the effort you've put forth for them. Best of luck to you!

With the driver shortage and believe there is one. They aren't going to cut wages and risk losing a bunch of drivers. I could be wrong but I doubt it...

At this point UPS here is hiring straight off the street. Not casual. Go to work. Starts at 18.50 an hour and tops at 34 something. There are a lot of guys finally looking to make the leap.

Now they can live with the consequences of the XPO.
You seem to be banking on the XPO purchase being a bad thing. How do you know the "consequences" of XPO won't be a higher pay rate, growth, and better benefits?

Don't let your magic 8 ball make you nervous and get you all worked up.

competition.png

It's going to be so nice in the new xpo forum not having to deal with trolls such as yourself.

I don't know why we have to put up with it now. I can put up with the union talk, the frustration of someone losing their job, but the people that come into our forum and call us names and wish us to lose our jobs needs to go.