XPO | Just my thought on the end of Conway as we know it.

As a 27 year retired CCX/Conway employee,I wish all current employees the best of luck under the new ownership. The current fiasco has run its course. Nows the time to get back to the job of moving freight and taking care of the customers in a safe and efficient manner. In return hopefully XPO will realize the value they have with the very dedicated employees at Conway and reward them accordingly.

As a 27 year retired CCX/Conway employee,I wish all current employees the best of luck under the new ownership. The current fiasco has run its course. Nows the time to get back to the job of moving freight and taking care of the customers in a safe and efficient manner. In return hopefully XPO will realize the value they have with the very dedicated employees at Conway and reward them accordingly.
Nice first post,Skids....Welcome to TB,s

When your "opinion" consist of calling people scabs and wishing them to be without a job, then yes I don't like it and I think you're a *****.
I am one of the union guys.
I don't feel like I got screwed.
I don't talk smack here either way like you just did.
To each his own.
We have plenty of frt to move.
And will have when your deal is done.
There is no deal yet.
All that is said on here is speculation.
No one knows what will happen.
But.... It's good to think positive.
And I wish you the best.
Seriously.
I am one of the union guys.
I don't feel like I got screwed.
I don't talk smack here either way like you just did.
To each his own.
We have plenty of frt to move.
And will have when your deal is done.
There is no deal yet.
All that is said on here is speculation.
No one knows what will happen.
But.... It's good to think positive.
And I wish you the best.
Seriously.
maybe you should read back a bit, I was responding to a post which some name calling was being done! Also by the way I don't have any deal and if I did I don't need you to address it for me!!
Seriously.....

Sorry I didn't read back far enough and that you take offense to my post.
Seriously. Lighten up a bit. Not everyone is against you.
Nope no deal is complete yet.
It won't be your deal. It will be Conway and XPO and all the employees of Conway ... or whoever.
Then you will deal with what they say and tell you to do.
Conway is still just Conway.

It won't be your deal. It will be Conway and XPO and all the employees of Conway ... or whoever.
Poor ol' Getoverit, getting pick on are you? Haven't done anything wrong, just over here trying to spread the "truth"?

:D
Me getting picked on? LOL I've got way bigger shoulders than that man! Can't spread the truth here for trying to get thru all the bull ::shit::!! :) things are about to come full circle..... GL

That's funny, ConWay and me!! Nope
Poor ol' Getoverit, getting pick on are you? Haven't done anything wrong, just over here trying to spread the "truth"?

:D
Can't really tell you the truth, it's not allowed! :D

What are you talking about you loser?
Name calling for no reason?

You have what, like 700 or more posts in the last 2 months??
Yep. I've been pretty busy lately. I'll try to get on here more often and get my post count back up where it belongs.

Get a job. Nobody believes you drive for UPS. Quit being a sad sack and get a fckn job.
Nobody said that I drive for UPS, but it's a cool picture. "sad sack"? Name calling for no reason?

Nobody who posts as much as you, has a driving job.
Dang. You've got me all figured out. lol

And just admit that you are no longer a Teamster. You would not post like you have if you were. You certainly are not a UPS driver.......only in your dreams loser.
More name calling for no reason? Yep. You've got it all figured out. lol

My recommendation:
Reach down between your legs and pull your sack out from under your leg. I think that you might be sitting on the "boys"......you seem real irritable. lol

http://www.xpo.com
I hope for all Conway employees that this buy-out will be in everyones best interest.
That the xpo folks know how to deal with LTL like their other divisions.

I was with Overnite when UPS took us over, it did take awhile for UPS parcel to get used to LTL.
The buy-out was in 2005, here it is 10 years later so now the LTL & parcel seem to be working together.
You can only hope the same holds true for you Conway folks.
I don't think it will, do you really think it will?

:heykoolaid::upset::::shit::::::shit:::
I have worked at many trucking companies, and never have I seen an atmosphere like that of conways.....it's like we are a brother hood. ...Atleast at my terminal it is.....i love my job.....And I love this company.....it's funny how the people who hated it are appreciative of the things that conway has to offer.....everyday I pray for a miracle to throw this deal out the window and keep this company the way that it is now and work towards a bigger and even better conway freight.
Good luck drivers....
Fred Daher
XWO Shrewsbury Massachusetts
WOW!

The only ones that feel "very strong" about the CF deal is the union guys. There's a union forum for that, have at it.

The so call "truth" to some might not be so to others.

Speaking your mind doesn't cover acting like a ***** on another company's forum.
Im not (Union) and work for Con/Way and don't have a problem with any of this, we all have an opinion!

With the driver shortage and believe there is one. They aren't going to cut wages and risk losing a bunch of drivers. I could be wrong but I doubt it...

There's a shortage of qualified drivers. There are many drivers with bad driving records with felonies on their criminal records looking for a job. All they have to do is lower pay along with hiring standards and become the next Central Transport feeding off the bottom.
I've seen quite a few job listings for xpo company drivers offering $18 an hour.
I did see they offer blue cross blue shield for insurance though.
Time will tell the fate of former CWF. Got my popcorn out.

There's a shortage of qualified drivers. There are many drivers with bad driving records with felonies on their criminal records looking for a job. All they have to do is lower pay along with hiring standards and become the next Central Transport feeding off the bottom.
I've seen quite a few job listings for xpo company drivers offering $18 an hour.

How many times has it been said ? This industry is engaged in a " race to the bottom " ?

How many times has it been said ? This industry is engaged in a " race to the bottom " ?
Highspeeds , how about a race to whatever makes the most money?

As far as lowering the standard for what a drivers allowed to have on their record - Wouldn't that be based on what kind insurance a company is willing to pay for and what kind of insurance a company can afford?

I don't know , but I'd bet these drivers with lots of problems on their CDL would cost more money to insure than they would make ( at least for now )

Also , lawsuits. A large company's legal department would probably advise against hiring drivers with issues on their CDL. It would open them up to massive losses in court and/or settlements.

If they announced the pay would be $18 an hour, would you even go to work the next day? I wouldn't. Plenty of better paying jobs. Go deliver milk for like $25.

Even the Central Transport crap-hole starts out at more than $18 an hour! lol

If they announced the pay would be $18 an hour, would you even go to work the next day? I wouldn't. Plenty of better paying jobs. Go deliver milk for like $25.

Running the trash truck for the city pays $27. Then they wonder why there's a shortage. You aren't being competitive for the talent any more.

Highspeeds , how about a race to whatever makes the most money?

As far as lowering the standard for what a drivers allowed to have on their record - Wouldn't that be based on what kind insurance a company is willing to pay for and what kind of insurance a company can afford?

I don't know , but I'd bet these drivers with lots of problems on their CDL would cost more money to insure than they would make ( at least for now )

Also , lawsuits. A large company's legal department would probably advise against hiring drivers with issues on their CDL. It would open them up to massive losses in court and/or settlements.

These other outfits do it and make money. It must be possible.