XPO | Just my thought on the end of Conway as we know it.

Hurts doesn't it? To see the last part of CF gone forever. You'll get over it. Remember tears and keyboards don't mix.
Doesnt hurt at all. I never worked for CF. And the last part isnt gone. It is just going to change its name again.

I said I dont care what happens to conway. What I said was you will hear about its connection to CF until they get what they gave to CF. An no the drivers had nothing to do with it, but they sure did laugh and snicker when it happened. My disgust is aimed at the company not the employees no matter what the name on the truck says
XPO didn't have anything to do with it either, what is your beef then?

I started my career at the Bridgeview terminal in Chicago in 99. No one would hire me cause I did not have a cdl. Conway hired me as a dock worker and I wasted no time getting my license. I trained on my own for 3 weeks in the yard with no power steering tractor. There was a certified instructor guy there named G. Fortuna and I want to thank you for helping me train and all the city and line haul guys that gave me advice and took me under their wing.
I have worked at many trucking companies, and never have I seen an atmosphere like that of conways.....it's like we are a brother hood. ...Atleast at my terminal it is.....i love my job.....And I love this company.....it's funny how the people who hated it are appreciative of the things that conway has to offer.....everyday I pray for a miracle to throw this deal out the window and keep this company the way that it is now and work towards a bigger and even better conway freight.
Good luck drivers....
Fred Daher
XWO Shrewsbury Massachusetts

Why buy trouble?
Instead of viewing this in a negative way,why not do your best to show the new owners they made a good purchase.
Just saying, the way I have always viewed life is if you can think positive you can overlook the negative.
However if your view is negative,it is hard to find anything positive.
......perfectly said my friend.

I said I dont care what happens to conway. What I said was you will hear about its connection to CF until they get what they gave to CF. An no the drivers had nothing to do with it, but they sure did laugh and snicker when it happened. My disgust is aimed at the company not the employees no matter what the name on the truck says
Dude **** off you're just jealous we make more money then you

I have worked at many trucking companies, and never have I seen an atmosphere like that of conways.....it's like we are a brother hood. ...Atleast at my terminal it is.....i love my job.....And I love this company.....it's funny how the people who hated it are appreciative of the things that conway has to offer.....everyday I pray for a miracle to throw this deal out the window and keep this company the way that it is now and work towards a bigger and even better conway freight.
Good luck drivers....
Fred Daher
I agree with almost everything you posted but the part at the end. I have supported my family for 12 years working here. I appreciate the oppurtunity to work for a good wage everyday and I appreciate the respect I am shown by my peers and I hope that I can finish out my working life here. I do not however want the sale to not go through. The people running this company are incompetent and need to go. I feel like we have a chance to grow and be great again under new leadership and as part of a new company.

I agree with almost everything you posted but the part at the end. I have supported my family for 12 years working here. I appreciate the oppurtunity to work for a good wage everyday and I appreciate the respect I am shown by my peers and I hope that I can finish out my working life here. I do not however want the sale to not go through. The people running this company are incompetent and need to go. I feel like we have a chance to grow and be great again under new leadership and as part of a new company.

I'm in a very big barn. I can't say I get along with everyone. I can't even say I know everyone's name. But I can say that I am happy to finally have the opportunity to be better.

Nearly all of our competitors are showing double digit growth. With inferior resources. I think that's bull ::shit:: . If you ain't FedEx or UPS ( they are just in another league ) we should be able to be competitive on any piece of freight.

Good luck drivers....
Fred Daher

Glad you feel that way Mr. Daher. I hope you can manage to channel your energies into a bigger and even better XPO.

Did I miss something about a name change??? Why would they want to change the name?
I don't work for Conway but always interested in what's going on in the industry.
I hope the best of luck to all my Conway friends...

Did I miss something about a name change??? Why would they want to change the name?
I don't work for Conway but always interested in what's going on in the industry.
I hope the best of luck to all my Conway friends...

According to news releases. The whole of Con-way will be combined with an unknown subsidiary of XPO and rebranded XPO Logistics. Not sure if we are being added to something like Pacer or something like JB Robinson. But we will find out soon enough.

Good luck drivers....
Fred Daher

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse so to speak,with any of you who have made the choice to whine about the past.
I myself worked for 15 different LTL's over a 45 year trucking career.
Everyone of those are out of business,other than my last company Overnite who was rebranded,into UPS Freight.

I was able to retire in 2008 with 2 pretty good pensions,a little over 20 with the Teamsters,the rest non-union.
Reflecting back to how the trucking industry was in serious decline,I know it was a blessing that UPS bought out Overnite.
As far as crying over the companies that dropped out,including Corn Flakes, who I worked for part-time,dock,& city.
Who I may say had the worst equipment of any of the companies I worked for.
It is really a non-productive activity reflecting into the past.

As my Apostolic faith practices,once as short as one second passes it is gone forever,we can only live moment by moment.
You must have heard this before.
Yesterday is history,tomorrow is a mystery,today is a gift,that is why it is called the present.

So as an old time trucker I can only offer positive advice from experience.
Every breath is a gift,you never know what any day will bring,do your best & don't worry about the rest.

Worrying about things you have no control over,is like rocking in a rocking chair.
You may be moving,but you are not going anywhere!

Last edited:
According to news releases. The whole of Con-way will be combined with an unknown subsidiary of XPO and rebranded XPO Logistics. Not sure if we are being added to something like Pacer or something like JB Robinson. But we will find out soon enough.

WOW! Changes are coming to the whole industries...

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse so to speak,with any of you who have made the choice to whine about the past.
I myself worked for 15 different LTL's over a 45 year trucking career.
Everyone of those are out of business,other than my last company Overnite who was rebranded,into UPS Freight.

I was able to retire in 2008 with 2 pretty good pensions,a little over 20 with the Teamsters,the rest non-union.
Reflecting back to how the trucking industry was in serious decline,I know it was a blessing that UPS bought out Overnite.
As far as crying over the companies that dropped out,including Corn Flakes, who I worked for part-time,dock,& city.
Who I may say had the worst equipment of any of the companies I worked for.
It is really a non-productive activity reflecting into the past.

As my Apostolic faith practices,once as short as one second passes it is gone forever,we can only live moment by moment.
You must have heard this before.
Yesterday is history,tomorrow is a mystery,today is a gift,that is why it is called the present.

So as an old time trucker I can only offer positive advice from experience.
Every breath is a gift,you never know what any day will bring,do your best & don't worry about the rest.

Worrying about things you have no control over,is like rocking in a rocking chair.
You may be moving,but you are not going anywhere!

Hey AP it is I Skeeter... How are you brother?

I hope you the best of luck. There is a severe driver shortage coming and it's time for us to all stand tall...

All of the acquired operations - Con-way Freight, Menlo Logistics, Con-way Truckload and Con-way Multimodal - will be rebranded as XPO Logistics.

You are 100% correct highspeeds...

CF treatment: Let the employees go home for a holiday weekend without telling everyone the company was no longer. The management running the company into the ground on purpose then jumped ship leaving everyone behind to get off the best way they could.