TForce | Meeting At Indy Hall

When this contract is all said and done ,It will be brought to to our hall in Indy we will talk it over very hard.
Look at what it's all about MAKE sure we r ALL covered in this ,,than it will be made a NATIONAL CONTRACT for all, after we vote it in ,,it will have a CARD CHECK IN IT for the rest of the COMPANY is what I understand also. This contract must be the best of the best for all NOT JUST INDY..:1036316054:

Think long and hard guys.. Not just UPS is riding on that contract; its all of the NMFA, all freight for that matter will be modeled around the contract you guys hammer out. A card check would be great! I wish you guys the best you are on the front lines of the biggest Teamster accomplishment or failure in long time. We look forward to seeing a great contract.

$27 an hour, full MOB, $6 an hour to pension and NMFA work rules and grievance procedures.
:1036316054:

I was at a meeting last week and Mr. Gentry made some time to discuss the Union stuff.
Mostly let us know that although talks are ongoing, That ups parcell is starting talks early, so, they come first. They are trying to work them around each other. One of the sticking points is ups pension goes into central state, and it sounds like ups is tired of feeding a losing fund. So, take what you want from this. Union foes will see it one way, non-union foes will see it another. So the debate continues. The "be patient" crowd, well, be patient!
I think, UPS knows how to handle the union, so, Lets see what happens with ups parcel before the indy contract gets done.

I was at a meeting last week and Mr. Gentry made some time to discuss the Union stuff.
Mostly let us know that although talks are ongoing, That ups parcell is starting talks early, so, they come first. They are trying to work them around each other. One of the sticking points is ups pension goes into central state, and it sounds like ups is tired of feeding a losing fund. So, take what you want from this. Union foes will see it one way, non-union foes will see it another. So the debate continues. The "be patient" crowd, well, be patient!
I think, UPS knows how to handle the union, so, Lets see what happens with ups parcel before the indy contract gets done.

I think its of no coincedence they picked central states !!! Something stinks if you ask me !!:hide:

You can read everything the union knows about the Indy contract for yourself.

http://www.teamster.org/07news/hn_070425_2asp

If this doesn't work you can just go to International Brotherhood of Teamsters and you will see 1 Company one UNION UPS Freight.

The problem with these, both ups and teamsters, is that they only tell you what THEY want you to know, wich is usually nothing. This is why don't read much into supposed updates.

AW come on now diverman didn't you read all of the encouraging headlines on the Teamsters site?

Jan.12th 2006:An Exciting Year For UPS Freight Workers.

Jan.17th Union's National Negotiating Committee Resums Talks.

Feb.24th UPS Freight Negotiating Committee Makes Progress.

March 22nd UPS Freight Talks 'Going Well'

April 25th UPS Freight Talks Maintain Strong Momentum.

So many encouraging statements,and very little information?

What do you want,you know they all have our best interests in mind.

Nice post, Same headline's different dates.

I'm with you apo. I will believe it when I see it. The only interest being served are those of the corporate top cheese, both ups and teamsters!

As always the workers are the pawns in this trucking game.

We may have our opinon on a lot of topics concerning our employement situations,but there is little we can do about anything.
Other then doing our best.and getting a pay check for our hard work.

In the 44 years I've been a city driver here around where I live.
I've been with 15 LTL trucking companies,all union companies.
Only one non-union,Overnite/UPS Freight.

All but two union companies are out of business.
We drivers did the best we could while we worked for them.
When they closed their doors there wasn't anything we,or the union could do to stop them.

In every case the same reason came up.
Closed due to poor management.

So you see all of the workers hard work didn't mean a thing, when these companies ran their operations into the ground.

Thats why I'm not worrying about our situation now.
I do my best,get my pay check,and am just along for the ride like every one else.

Just a single spoke in the company wheel.
The wheel can still operate with a few spokes missing,but the spokes aren't of any use without the wheel.

I tell all of my co-workers the same thing.
Give it your best,and don't worry about the rest!

AW come on now diverman didn't you read all of the encouraging headlines on the Teamsters site?

Jan.12th 2006:An Exciting Year For UPS Freight Workers.

Jan.17th Union's National Negotiating Committee Resums Talks.

Feb.24th UPS Freight Negotiating Committee Makes Progress.

March 22nd UPS Freight Talks 'Going Well'

April 25th UPS Freight Talks Maintain Strong Momentum.

So many encouraging statements,and very little information?

What do you want,you know they all have our best interests in mind.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

You can read everything the union knows about the Indy contract for yourself.

http://www.teamster.org/07news/hn_070425_2asp

If this doesn't work you can just go to International Brotherhood of Teamsters and you will see 1 Company one UNION UPS Freight.

The problem with these, both ups and teamsters, is that they only tell you what THEY want you to know, wich is usually nothing. This is why don't read much into supposed updates.

With all sarcasm aside
OOOOOOOHHHHHHBOYYYY, Someone who can recognize superficial people, I agree with your statement , now keep posting.
And what do you think they did in Reno Nevada last week ,during talks ,that they could not do in Atlanta. Or DC for that matter.

negative you should get use to it. If you think ups is some kind of some super ethical company just waiting to take care of you, think again.
You will get no contract till they give you one and you will only get what they want to give you. you will notice on the teamsters board that they is no date or time set for further negiotation....if you do not start putting pressure on the IBT or the company then you get what you deserve, which you are fully aware of is a big fat O, excuse the pun I just could not help myself.

when I see something postive happening at UPSF then I will start posting something positive but I would not hold my breath you will all be retired before anything good happens here if ever.

Can you give us more of your opinion,than something stinks CASHCOW?
Why would the union pic a local in the central states pension fund (ups sore spot) to draw the line in the sand ? Don't you think they would pick a fund that is funded and not so scary a scenario !!

Thanks a lot for your come back CASHCOW.
I think the best Teamsters pension fund is in New Jersey?
I know they were offering those union members 25 years and out for their retirement.

The one I'm in for New York is almost as good as that one,but its still 30,and out.
But you will get a bonus for every complete year you hang on after you complete your 30.

Yeah it is kind of strange they are always addressing the supossed under funded Central States plan?

Why would the union pic a local in the central states pension fund (ups sore spot) to draw the line in the sand ? Don't you think they would pick a fund that is funded and not so scary a scenario !!

I think they were thinking more along the lines of picking a terminal that they knew would have enough cards signed to get the ball rolling.

negative you should get use to it. If you think ups is some kind of some super ethical company just waiting to take care of you, think again.
You will get no contract till they give you one and you will only get what they want to give you. you will notice on the teamsters board that they is no date or time set for further negiotation....if you do not start putting pressure on the IBT or the company then you get what you deserve, which you are fully aware of is a big fat O, excuse the pun I just could not help myself.

Webidiot, there is good and bad in every job, it seems to me just by reading your posts, and other have and will agree, if you lead your life with a mix of 90% negative response too all ,and 10% positive in response to all, then this is you!!!! Do not for 1 second think I and a few others on this board is going to prescribe too such negative mind controll, some of us believe there is more too life then dwindeling in a mix of 100% negativity. And is not insecure enough too swallow your approach too solve our working conditions.

Just like any other job, there are things not everybody will agree with. Here is my wisdom, if you chosse not too believe ,that is your choice.

Everything you have posted on this board from the time you have started until now is 100% negative, except for 1 post. I for one will not jump because you think this is a cure to the problems, the teamster's are not the cure, but a third party too create more. They will infact promote sometype of justice in a system that needs just that. But will not give us the saving grace.

Alot of other's in this site have nothing more then a positive nature in debate form, in promoting the teamster's and is a bit more acceptable then the aggressive cure all approach you take.

As far as I am concearned if this is the way you portray yourself, you deserve the grief you prescribe too.

Don't worry about weidiot, just-me.
All of us regular UPS Freight posters are used to his negative ideas.

If he ever posts anything positive,I will have to pinch myself to see if I'm awake,or just dreaming?

But on this contract that is being bargained,am I correct that this is just the contract language?

The main contract language has to be agreed on by all parties envolved,if its excepted.
It then goes to the regional locals for local supplments to be added.
After that it has to be agreed on by UPS our parent company.

The last thing is the agreement for all economic issues,wages,and benefits.
Well am I right,or way off in my thinking?
Ok the way it was told to me this contract is gonna be the best of the NMFA and the UPS NMFA. they will probly mirror what they can . the non economics will be done first as always in a contract, than the economics will be done last. the contract will be done when it comes to our Local Hall and we will look it over, we will vote on it than, if it is voted in than at that time and day, it will go into effect for us at INDY. The signing will be done later. But at the time we vote it in it will be active for us in Indy than they will take it around the country to the other terminals to get it voted in.:1036316054:

Think long and hard guys.. Not just UPS is riding on that contract; its all of the NMFA, all freight for that matter will be modeled around the contract you guys hammer out. A card check would be great! I wish you guys the best you are on the front lines of the biggest Teamster accomplishment or failure in long time. We look forward to seeing a great contract.

$27 an hour, full MOB, $6 an hour to pension and NMFA work rules and grievance procedures.
:1036316054:
Well sounds good,, but I don't see $ 27.00 hr They maybe will pay us 23.50 or 24.00 But we have to stay in line with the rest of the NMFA or we will be to high to ship with..:1036316054: