FedEx Freight | new locks

Did any other centers get asigned locks that are numbered for there pallet jacks and hand trucks or does my scm have a unique way of wasting company dollars considering we all had our own locks and chains already:duh:

The city drivers at my barn also were assigned locks and keys for thier two wheelers and jacks.

real sad part is when the shop doesnt change out the latch. The old latches on the west equipment doesnt work with the locks and you have to spend 10mins trying to move the damn lock

lock update maybe???????????

saw a lock from abloy the other night and it had the shank as 2x thicker then the first batch and the body was about half again bigger than the first batch. almost as big as the old master locks. dont know if they will be as durable as master was only time will tell.

Red Shirt said if you lose the new key :hysterical: Three day off:hysterical: going fishing:smilie_132:
I know someone who lost their key already....nothing happen...But I could use a week off....would call in the other two days...I ran across a new larger lock....still would not stay locked???????????...TRUCK SAFE

Red Shirt said if you lose the new key :hysterical: Three day off:hysterical: going fishing:smilie_132:

summer is almost here i will need to borrow a couple of keys from you guys because i have more trips planned than vaction days allowed.do you get bonus days off if you lose a lock?

I'm not a fan of the new locks but reginal safety guy showed me a trick to get them to lock.
When you turn key to right to un-lock it, manually turn the key all the way back to the left before removing the key.
Don't know if he was right or I've been lucky, but I've had little trouble with the locks since I started doing that.
Old Master locks went back to the left by themselves. This high dollar improrted junk won't.

As a red shirt I can tell you we were told if you lose your key, which each one has its own tracking # on it, it will cost $75.00 to replace. They didn't specify if we would have to pay for it or not. Also being in the northeast, we had alot of problems with the Abloy's not opening or locking half the time. We were told not to bother hitting them with a hammer like the master locks. It only screws them up even more. They said just cut them...and cut them we did!!

Yea I was in the shop the other day and saw some sitting in a box that were cut off just like ''ahart61'' said.

summer is almost here i will need to borrow a couple of keys from you guys because i have more trips planned than vaction days allowed.do you get bonus days off if you lose a lock?

Sorry, no you don't. I have got down on my knees twice to unlock the locks and they were gone. Hope their not somebodys hood ornament now. Try losing the whole trailer, I heard that works, I think thats worth bonus weeks.

new locks experience

had hazmat on going into ca. from lvs.lock would'nt lock so shop would not cut it off unless authorized in writing from clc.after all that crap they sent e-mail to shop,they cut it off and I could get a bolt seal in there and be on my way.talk about delaying freight and causing delay pay.