TForce | New Rules

I know The New UPS Rulebook/Handbook roll out is a serious subject. I just had to post this in here.

UPDATED EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK

DRESS CODE
It is advised that you come to work dressed according to your salary. If we see you wearing $350 Prada boots, and/or wearing a $5000 Rolex watch, we assume you are doing well financially and therefore you do not need a raise. If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise. If you dress in-between, you are right where you need to be and therefore you do not need a raise.

SICK DAYS
We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.

PERSONAL DAYS
Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturday & Sunday.

BEREAVEMENT LEAVE
This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for dead friends, relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to have non-employees attend to the arrangements. In rare cases where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should be scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early.

RESTROOM USE
Entirely too much time is being spent in the restroom. There is now a strict 3 minute time limit in the stalls. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the "Chronic Offenders" category.

LUNCH BREAK
Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch as they need to eat more, so that they can look healthy. Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal to maintain their average figure. Fat people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time needed to drink a Slim Fast.

Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation, and input should be directed elsewhere.​

Have a nice week!

THE MANAGEMENT

.....Okay lets get back on track.

:hysterical::hysterical:

I never realized there was that much favoritism in the old "O" regime.

I might be lucky because there is no such thing going on in my barn.
Everyone is starting to understand the UPS ways and seems to be converting well.
Most of our new guys came from a much more stricter working environment and are handling it well. The "O" seniors are the ones who once resisted.
We all appear to be on the same page now. (Including the sword swallowers)

It's sad when management cannot enforce the policies uniformly.
They better start setting the precedence or those terminals will be the ones with the most grievances and possible lawsuits.

That's when UPS will wield it's UGLY sword for the management to swallow.

And that is the truth, the managers are now going to be put on the spot, all the time. I have had my tm scream at me for being on the clock to long after I arrive at the terminal. Yet his brown nose snitch is in his office every morning B.S.ing with him on the clock, while the rest of us are on the dock working, this is almost everyday. the tm thinks that he can do this because he is in charge, so he breaks my balls so his snitch can steal time. That is going to be priority #1 when we are under contract. That snitch is not allowed to speak to the manager about anything on company time or property without the steward being present, unless he signs away his rights to a union rep. to be present. That is going to be my greatest pleasure.

ATTENDANCE!!
1) First unexcused absence will result in a written warning.

2) There is a limit of 4 tardy occurrences in a 60 day period. A third offence will now result in a final warning and a three day suspension.

So I don't have to worry about a rule like that. Imagine a company that wants its employees on time. It's unthinkable.:hysterical:

Almost all the contract is about company and union rules and procedures. even if the company has a rule an arbitrator can rule against the company per the situation. It is how two different people see the same thing yet define it completely opposite. The true wonder of human nature. Take for instance, a worker is late because the main highway the he drives to work everyday(and arrives on time) is backed up because of an accident. He calls work and says I will be late the highway is blocked up and there is no other way to get to work. He arrives and is late an is written up. The employee files a grievance and it goes to a grievance panel. They deceide based on the facts weather or not his lateness was reasonable. (all facts provided). If the panel dead locks then the case goes to an arbitor, and believe me when I tell you UPS does not want to shell out a few thousand $ for an arbitor, for a tardy violation, so if the guys is not a repeat offender, the write will be dismissed.:1036316054: Now if you are caught stealing or something bad like that you will be going to an arbitor and the union and company will have to shell out some where in the $ figure 7000 ,12000 grand.

I wish you was at my terminal so I could watch you after we go union. You think they are going to be your soul salvation.
You will no doubt be the first fired thinking the union will save you.
This board is becoming a board of whiners. It is getting that reputation from some of the guys I talk to around here that don't even look at it anymore. If you want this board to be a place where drivers can exchange information and get facts on their company we need to stop this whining.
Talk about the contract. The new rules we are getting that every company has. But stop these goofy whinny posts.

I was talking about company policy's, Like smokeing issues, uniforms, appearence, The company will have there policy's just like UPS parcel does. If there are no changes to these company rules or policy's written in the contract, We will have to follow them, union or not, Correct?

We will be in compliance with those types of rules only after they have been submitted to and agreed upon by the Union.
I'm sure as you say all or most of these have been agreed upon.
Any NEW rules wil have to be submitted and approved before implimentation. With the exception of course of any safety or legal type rules that come up from time to time.
Take Care
B Safe:1036316054:

I'm sure the majority of these new rules are migrating over from UPS Parcel and most likely have been pre-approved for use by the teamsters.

I wish you was at my terminal so I could watch you after we go union. You think they are going to be your soul salvation.
You will no doubt be the first fired thinking the union will save you.
This board is becoming a board of whiners. It is getting that reputation from some of the guys I talk to around here that don't even look at it anymore. If you want this board to be a place where drivers can exchange information and get facts on their company we need to stop this whining.
Talk about the contract. The new rules we are getting that every company has. But stop these goofy whinny posts.

As I have stated before, you don't know me from a hole in the wall, and I don't give a crap about what you think of me. I have been through over a 10 managers in less than 10 years, so I will break the back of the next one who deceides he is going to run the terminal I work at like his own private empire. And by breaking his back, I mean with the contract and the rules that they will not bend, break, or alter in any way. I know that some of you are in heaven at your terminals, but mine has been a sh!t hole for as long as I have been there and I have dealt with it for years. Now it is over! Call me crazy, a whiner, or what ever? I must be nuts, but I just want an even playing field, if that gets me fired after a decade of employement, than they can go right ahead. I don't know what you would describe what the union is for you, but for me it is a "shield" to protect me from A-hole management and there own twisted interpetations of the rules.:1036316054: P.S. John Wayne sucks!

As I have stated before, you don't know me from a hole in the wall, and I don't give a crap about what you think of me. I have been through over a 10 managers in less than 10 years, so I will break the back of the next one who deceides he is going to run the terminal I work at like his own private empire. And by breaking his back, I mean with the contract and the rules that they will not bend, break, or alter in any way. I know that some of you are in heaven at your terminals, but mine has been a sh!t hole for as long as I have been there and I have dealt with it for years. Now it is over! Call me crazy, a whiner, or what ever? I must be nuts, but I just want an even playing field, if that gets me fired after a decade of employement, than they can go right ahead. I don't know what you would describe what the union is for you, but for me it is a "shield" to protect me from A-hole management and there own twisted interpetations of the rules.:1036316054: P.S. John Wayne sucks!

Whine, Whine, Whine...:nutkick:

have you ever seen the movie "Running Scared"

with Paul Walker? the guy from fast and furious.

there was a russian guy with a John Wayne tattoo on his back, that idolized "the Duke".

He got really p!ssed when his kid said that John Wayne sucks..

I thought he was making a reference to the movie.. How ironic that was if he wasn't.

No offense Skeeter..

Maniac

To bad you arn't working out of my terminal Sacramento, Ca.
I'm not scared to say where I'm out of.
Moron.

If you were targeted for termination by your regional manager, you'd be wise to keep your location private. Your not far from San Francisco, I've heard John Wayne is real popular in that part of of the bay area. You should transfer, you'd fit right in, don't forget to bring your sign:last:biglaugh::hysterical:

have you ever seen the movie "Running Scared"

with Paul Walker? the guy from fast and furious.

there was a russian guy with a John Wayne tattoo on his back, that idolized "the Duke".

He got really p!ssed when his kid said that John Wayne sucks..

I thought he was making a reference to the movie.. How ironic that was if he wasn't.

No offense Skeeter..

Maniac
I wasn't, but I like the movie already.:biglaugh:

If you were targeted for termination by your regional manager, you'd be wise to keep your location private. Your not far from San Francisco, I've heard John Wayne is real popular in that part of of the bay area. You should transfer, you'd fit right in, don't forget to bring your sign:last:biglaugh::hysterical:

Well, If you are where I think you are you don't have it that bad unless you are a slug. Why would that matter anyway since you have to sign a card anyway.
Sounds like you are the gay one.