FedEx Freight | No more milage pay for CA?

The trouble makers like yourself and couldn't figure out why.

If by being a Union supporter/organizer you mean troublemaker, then we have different definitions of troublemaker. My reputation as an excellent employee preceded itself. As far as working out of fear is concerned, I never followed the expected protocols. My route was the exception to the 1800 cutoff. I ran the longest City route we had. I did work through lunch quite often in order to make service to what I considered my customers on my route. I took customer service to the next level. I never called in or was late simply because of my work ethic. I have done this since my first job at fifteen years old. FedEx lost a good one when I went.

That's a matter of opinion, I am glad however you've finally been honest that you don't work there anymore. But now your opinion doesn't matter because you're not an employee or so I've been told.

Opinion shared by many of my fellow coworkers and management. For the record, I didn't go to the State.

The truth is it's the culture at FedEx. It's ingrained in the drivers psyche that they have to move like that at all times. They're constantly downtrodden and if they let up, it's worse.

On the City side they post your stops per hour from the previous day each morning and highlight your numbers. It's designed to publicly shame the drivers who under perform. They don't take into account what may have taken place on his route, only that he failed to meet the required minimum. FedEx believes people work best when working in fear. They like to discourage you from taking an actual lunch break as well. When delayed at a stop, the first thing they tell you is "switch your Intermec to lunch to get it out of the way" You see, we had to take lunch before the sixth hour. I could continue but you get the gist of the culture from these snippets.

I can't speak for all 367 service centers, but I can speak for Red's from first hand experience. It's not a friendly place to work.
It's the culture here because we're a non-Union company and that's the type of people they hire...hence the saying, unions promote mediocrcy. Most guys believe in an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Hmmm, BS, I've never heard of anyone getting reprimanded for not making their numbers!!
The numbers are posted so each driver can see how they ran the day before, the alternative would be to meet with every driver on a daily basis which is ludicrous...again, no one has ever been reprimanded for not making their numbers. If your statements were accurate, your former sidekick would've been let go a long time ago since he consistently runs a 1.something while those who cover for him while he's out consistently run in the 3's!! Discourage you from taking a lunch break...you're so full of :crap:!! Had you been here any amount of time you would've known that two of our best managers were fired for covering up for drivers who didn't want to take their lunch break!! Dispatch telling you to take your lunch break at a customer's dock...I've heard it all now!!
Seeing as how you were here less than two years, can you really speak for my center??
Your whole post sounds like a former disgruntled employee who continuously bit the hand that fed him and now you're upset because you're not getting fed!!
Last time I checked, YRC, ABF, and UPSF are all hiring...of course you'll starve to death there too!!

You can't work like a gentleman at Fedex. I've seen so many despicable, unsafe maneuvers by fellow coworkers just trying to get back to the yard before 1800 it's unreal. You all remember them insisting we make the 1800 gate time. Things like passing me and fellow motorists on the shoulder in stop and go traffic, with haz-mat on board no less. Rear end collisions are a frequent occurrence.
I can't remember the last time someone had a rear end collision...would you care to provide some proof for your statement? It should be easy for you since it's a "frequent occurrence".

I can't remember the last time someone had a rear end collision...would you care to provide some proof for your statement? It should be easy for you since it's a "frequent occurrence".

You can deny it on here all you want, but I'm not going to go into specifics on a public site concerning individuals accidents. It happens, and that's all that needs to be said. Tell J.C I saw him in the city of R.H. the other day and he's still driving reckless, even in the rain. That, and his other bad habits, like passing on the shoulder, will eventually catch up to him. It will be sooner rather than later. I like the guy and I worry for his safety and his job.

As far as being told to take lunch at a customer goes, you are a road driver so you have no idea what goes on over on the City side on a daily basis. Ask the man who drives and helps in dispatch, he'll let you know. He'll tell you C.K. is the worst offender of dispatchers who ask you to do that. I've even been asked by S.D. but not as often. As far as meeting with drivers daily about numbers, you proved my point. Why do they worry daily about numbers if they aren't pressing so hard? It's psychological. As I said, it gets ingrained in someone's subconscious, and they press without realizing it even when it's uncalled for.

The person you mentioned earlier was a Union observer so he's the most protected man there. He is also one of the best City drivers you have. He is safe and provides excellent customer service. He works in one of the most congested areas we have and remains a safe, accident free driver. He never misses a delivery or a pickup. My question to you is why would you, a road driver, even know what that person runs daily? Why would you concern yourself with a City drivers numbers? Is it because he's a union organizer and he is being targeted? You know that is against the law right? The fact that you would admit to knowing this information shows the attitude of the anti union people at that facility. You really should just concern yourself with doing your job and minding your own business.

It's the culture here because we're a non-Union company and that's the type of people they hire...hence the saying, unions promote mediocrcy. Most guys believe in an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Hmmm, BS, I've never heard of anyone getting reprimanded for not making their numbers!!
The numbers are posted so each driver can see how they ran the day before, the alternative would be to meet with every driver on a daily basis which is ludicrous...again, no one has ever been reprimanded for not making their numbers. If your statements were accurate, your former sidekick would've been let go a long time ago since he consistently runs a 1.something while those who cover for him while he's out consistently run in the 3's!! Discourage you from taking a lunch break...you're so full of :crap:!! Had you been here any amount of time you would've known that two of our best managers were fired for covering up for drivers who didn't want to take their lunch break!! Dispatch telling you to take your lunch break at a customer's dock...I've heard it all now!!
Seeing as how you were here less than two years, can you really speak for my center??
Your whole post sounds like a former disgruntled employee who continuously bit the hand that fed him and now you're upset because you're not getting fed!!
Last time I checked, YRC, ABF, and UPSF are all hiring...of course you'll starve to death there too!!
How do you figure? I work at one of the fore mentioned and I'm far from starving to death, as a matter of fact I would say I probably made more than you this year! If anyone is full of ::shit:: you should know!! You sure dish plenty of it out........ Most of the guys I work with work their asses off, you don't know nearly as much as you claim too....... You are a funny man..

Hold up chief they have never posted any numbers at my barn so they don't have to, it's your scm decision to do so. He is probably a number pusher and is trying to move up in company. As far as who fed ex hires they want people who have made a lot less at former jobs and had less benefits than fed ex so the drivers won't complain when we go backwards with our benefits.

How would you even know?? Accidents aren't public knowledge unless the person who had it tells you.

How would you even know?? Accidents aren't public knowledge unless the person who had it tells you.

He doesn't know. I've witnessed two of them and it's been told by the others. One was a City driver rollover 25' from the driveway.

He doesn't know the time G.B. raised hell at me when he sent me a message via Intermec demanding I make it back by 1800. When I expalined to G.B. in the follow up message I needed lunch first because I was at 5.5 hours, he called me on my personal phone raising hell asking why I hadn't logged lunch at the swapout customer I was at. It's one of those double drop and hook stops where you put the empty to the same door the load comes from. He explained that was more than enough time to log my lunch.

Hold up chief they have never posted any numbers at my barn so they don't have to, it's your scm decision to do so. He is probably a number pusher and is trying to move up in company. As far as who fed ex hires they want people who have made a lot less at former jobs and had less benefits than fed ex so the drivers won't complain when we go backwards with our benefits.

He's a numbers guy. He never comes out of his office. I was employed six months before I ever met him.

He doesn't know. I've witnessed two of them and it's been told by the others. One was a City driver rollover 25' from the driveway.

He doesn't know the time G.B. raised hell at me when he sent me a message via Intermec demanding I make it back by 1800. When I expalined to G.B. in the follow up message I needed lunch first because I was at 5.5 hours, he called me on my personal phone raising hell asking why I hadn't logged lunch at the swapout customer I was at. It's one of those double drop and hook stops where you put the empty to the same door the load comes from. He explained that was more than enough time to log my lunch.

I take my lunch every day when I want to take it. I missed my lunch by 1 minute and got a verbal warning he told me the truth that if I didn't take it or drove through my lunch and something happened I would get fired. My scm is a good guy everyone at my center likes him. He is not greedy like these other scm's and just wants to move up at the expense of his employees.

Someone on facebook was saying California changed their law, and now you get paid by the hour rather than by the mile. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Wow! Running road on a city driver pay? I've never seen a road driver eating ramen noodles before!

You can deny it on here all you want, but I'm not going to go into specifics on a public site concerning individuals accidents. It happens, and that's all that needs to be said. Tell J.C I saw him in the city of R.H. the other day and he's still driving reckless, even in the rain. That, and his other bad habits, like passing on the shoulder, will eventually catch up to him. It will be sooner rather than later. I like the guy and I worry for his safety and his job.

As far as being told to take lunch at a customer goes, you are a road driver so you have no idea what goes on over on the City side on a daily basis. Ask the man who drives and helps in dispatch, he'll let you know. He'll tell you C.K. is the worst offender of dispatchers who ask you to do that. I've even been asked by S.D. but not as often. As far as meeting with drivers daily about numbers, you proved my point. Why do they worry daily about numbers if they aren't pressing so hard? It's psychological. As I said, it gets ingrained in someone's subconscious, and they press without realizing it even when it's uncalled for.

The person you mentioned earlier was a Union observer so he's the most protected man there. He is also one of the best City drivers you have. He is safe and provides excellent customer service. He works in one of the most congested areas we have and remains a safe, accident free driver. He never misses a delivery or a pickup. My question to you is why would you, a road driver, even know what that person runs daily? Why would you concern yourself with a City drivers numbers? Is it because he's a union organizer and he is being targeted? You know that is against the law right? The fact that you would admit to knowing this information shows the attitude of the anti union people at that facility. You really should just concern yourself with doing your job and minding your own business.
Rear end collisions do happen but they're NOT a "frequent occurrence" as you claimed...just admit you made that crap up since you have no stats to back up your claim! If you're so worried about another driver, perhaps you should call him yourself...I'm not your messenger.
I talk to city drivers on a daily basis, I even called a few today to double check your claims and it seems no one I talked to could back you up...go figure. The daily numbers are so you can see for yourself, just a guide of sorts, and most who take pride in their job try to maintain a good number for themselves. Press...no, rather try to maintain.
News Flash: no one is "protected" as you found out, everyone has the ability to fire themselves!! "One of the best city drivers we have"...:hilarious:, what parameters are you using for your assumption...riding the clock?? Accident free...are you sure about that?? I know what everyone does, it's part of taking pride in my job, my company...I even know you continuously used to run in the 3's everyday, must've been your subconscious working. No one is "targeted" that I know of, yes, that would be against the law. Perhaps you should've paid more attention to what everyone else was doing and maybe you would still be employed here...just sayin'.

How do you figure? I work at one of the fore mentioned and I'm far from starving to death, as a matter of fact I would say I probably made more than you this year! If anyone is full of :::shit::: you should know!! You sure dish plenty of it out........ Most of the guys I work with work their asses off, you don't know nearly as much as you claim too....... You are a funny man..
Spoken from a man who has seniority...how bout the new hires on the bottom, they're starving to death. Explains why a union supporter that left our company didn't go to work for YRC, ABF, or even UPSF when they all were hiring...nope, he went to work for another branch of FedEx because he wanted a paycheck!!
Life isn't about money, you may have made more than me but I was home EVERY day in time for dinner with the family, to help with homework, etc..., and EVERY weekend as well, you can't put a price on being there for your family!!

Last edited:

WTF are you talking about, the driver who rolled a trl 25' from the driveway had nothing to do with a rear end collision!!
I see you're making crap up again!!