ABF | Not good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rollin62, no offense but I have to wonder about a person who has an avatar of a rolled over truck and trailer. Why did you pick that particular avatar? Is that something you have done or something you aspire to do?

Rollin62, no offense but I have to wonder about a person who has an avatar of a rolled over truck and trailer. Why did you pick that particular avatar? Is that something you have done or something you aspire to do?
Both, according to our latest safety video 60% of all rollovers are a second attempt.

Excuse me, but I do realize that. My grandfather and father are both life long, retired Teamsters. When I say the old schoolers are the problem, I mean they act as if its still the 40's. We are in a different world now, and the way unions operated back then won't work today.
Stoney, I know it is a different world out there now, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to protect the wages and benefits we fought so hard to obtain. Just because a corporation tells its employees that they need contractual relief that doesn't mean we have to believe it. If they can obtain other companies and give the executives nice bonuses they must be doing ok in my eyes.

Stoney, I know it is a different world out there now, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to protect the wages and benefits we fought so hard to obtain. Just because a corporation tells its employees that they need contractual relief that doesn't mean we have to believe it. If they can obtain other companies and give the executives nice bonuses they must be doing ok in my eyes.

And I never said we shouldn't protect our wages and benefits. Heck I voted no on the ABF contract proposal.

our drivers are notorious for roll overs. Why u may ask? Because we only hire non experienced drivers. You see, if the the teamsters would educate the general public of the transportation sector about a union, we wouldn't have such a turnover. That's why I'm leaving to be a new school teamster. I want to protect the pension for retirees and not screw it over by being a clock sucker or professional coffee drinker. Abf employees are teamsters. Isn't teamsters the hardest workers and best compensated in the industry? Also, I'm officially a casual.

our drivers are notorious for roll overs. Why u may ask? Because we only hire non experienced drivers. You see, if the the teamsters would educate the general public of the transportation sector about a union, we wouldn't have such a turnover. That's why I'm leaving to be a new school teamster. I want to protect the pension for retirees and not screw it over by being a clock sucker or professional coffee drinker. Abf employees are teamsters. Isn't teamsters the hardest workers and best compensated in the industry? Also, I'm officially a casual.
And also a full time troll!

So what do you want to do different than what your grandfather and father did in the 40's?

In general? Stop playing the silly class warfare card, stop supporting liberal job killing polices.

And to the best of my knowledge, neither my grandfather or father were in the union in the 40's. Haha

In general? Stop playing the silly class warfare card, stop supporting liberal job killing polices.

And to the best of my knowledge, neither my grandfather or father were in the union in the 40's. Haha

Stoney, you said old school teamsters are the problem,they act as if it were the fortys. What did they do in the 40's that is still happening in the present? Now your bringing politics into the equation. Old time freight teamsters play the class welfare card? I don't think so. Old time freight teamsters support liberal job killing polices? i don't think so. For as long as I can remember not one Democrat or Republican that lived in the White House has done anything to help the working teamster after the "All Knowing International" threw their support to them. We get promised the world and than after the elections are over the politicians forget about the Teamster support. So if you are fed up with the "boys in Washington" I totally understand, but don't blame the rank and file for standing up for themselves and that means you too, because nobody else is watching our backs. Maybe your Dad can tell you what it was like to be an "Old Time Teamster". I am sure he was a standup man way back when.

Stoney, you said old school teamsters are the problem,they act as if it were the fortys. What did they do in the 40's that is still happening in the present? Now your bringing politics into the equation. Old time freight teamsters play the class welfare card? I don't think so. Old time freight teamsters support liberal job killing polices? i don't think so. For as long as I can remember not one Democrat or Republican that lived in the White House has done anything to help the working teamster after the "All Knowing International" threw their support to them. We get promised the world and than after the elections are over the politicians forget about the Teamster support. So if you are fed up with the "boys in Washington" I totally understand, but don't blame the rank and file for standing up for themselves and that means you too, because nobody else is watching our backs. Maybe your Dad can tell you what it was like to be an "Old Time Teamster". I am sure he was a standup man way back when.

My dad agrees with me a 100%.

That's great fathers should back up their sons, but you didn't answer my question.

You know how many times I've had to justify my views? I'm tired of it. There's a thread called "Stoneys Views", look it up and read it.

In fact give me a sec, and I'll post the link.

That's great fathers should back up their sons, but you didn't answer my question.

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73421

Yes many of the issues I have with union's is political. Unions keep supporting policies that are anti-business, anti pro growth, and anti-business, anti-pro growth policies always hurt us working in the unions.

But since I support pro-business, pro growth policies I always get labeled as some sort of company brown noser.

You know how many times I've had to justify my views? I'm tired of it. There's a thread called "Stoneys Views", look it up and read it.

In fact give me a sec, and I'll post the link.
Maybe its time that you realize you may be a certified nut?....

Maybe its time that you realize you may be a certified nut?....

Hmmm? Naaaaa.

One thing is for sure, I may be many things, but I'm not a person who would violates ones privacy just because I don't like em.
Or a union drone.

Excuse me, but I do realize that. My grandfather and father are both life long, retired Teamsters. When I say the old schoolers are the problem, I mean they act as if its still the 40's. We are in a different world now, and the way unions operated back then won't work today.

If im not mistaken, im pretty sure we live in the same world as ur papa n granpapa did. Unless i missed the part in history class in which we the people of this world packed up and took a spacecraft and moved to another world. Or r u just trying to say that ur kind of people arent from this planet. That would explain alot.............

Status
Not open for further replies.