Holland | Please update layoffs

5 more laid off in Atlanta, GA.

used to have a 100 man board now down to 38 road drivers and only 8 city men laid out of close to 200.

Kind of sounds like they had a change of operation without having one!! 60% of board layed off and hotel is full of drivers.

Looks like yrcw is pulling holland out of the south and fast.The 6 laid off are road drivers in memphis.:beerchug::eck13:

Our numbers are in the tank here in northern Michigan. What seems strange to me is that our mgt. wizards seem to be ok with it. They just blame it on Michigans economy. It is bad, of course, but they are not showing any extra effort to get frt. or concern for losing existing customers.:chairshot: Our service is horrible now and they seem be ok with it. They just cut two full time office people back to part-time so they won't have to pay their benefits. Effective Monday. Is your mgt. team making extra effort or just this same ho hum attitude?

I heard there will be no layoffs in LO this round. Good luck everyone.

I heard the same thing Overboard. Forcing everybody OT every day in LO and still can't service the customers the way they should be serviced. Everybody in LO is so tired from working so many hours for so long that its getting harder and harder just to come to work every day. The customers are the most important thing to any company but the people that do the work should count a little too. I guess we should just bury our heads in the sand and hope that bad things just go away. I take a scuba tank with me every day just in case the ship sinks.

Flash the management team can't do anything anywhere else because they've migrated south for the winter. It seems they've been in Memphis for a month and are coming back next week. They have had their foot on our neck and won't let up till our numbers are in order. The" Dutchman" V P of opp's said our OB shift was the worst he's ever seen. GRIZZ

found out today that cincy laid 2 more city off. thats a total of 16.it all started the first friday in oct...

This is what I really do not understand. The South and the Carolina's have a bunch of linehaul on lay off and very little city.

On the other hand the north ( The Heartland) has more city layed 0ff and not very many road drivers,

This is what I really do not understand. The South and the Carolina's have a bunch of linehaul on lay off and very little city.

On the other hand the north ( The Heartland) has more city layed 0ff and not very many road drivers,

Dollar Bill said on several occasions that the rust belt in the Holland system is slow.That is why the north has more on lay off in the city than the south.But the Million dollar question is why are they kicking the $hit out of the souths road board.Maybe it's time to get the IBT involved in it.:biglaugh:

Dollar Bill said on several occasions that the rust belt in the Holland system is slow.That is why the north has more on lay off in the city than the south.But the Million dollar question is why are they kicking the $hit out of the souths road board.Maybe it's time to get the IBT involved in it.:biglaugh:

think about it ... they dont care they are full of lies and deceit

Linehaul Laid off in the south! I know all about it! Spent the week in the south and hung out again. Talked (*****ed) to "numb nuts" at central to get me home, this is bullshit. If they cant move the freight and get us home at least by saturday then call back some drivers and move some freight. Dont kill the ones you got working. Geuss what response I got to that. You got it... a click and a dialtone. Next time I get to HO I will be paying a visit to those SOB's in dispatch up there and tell them face to face how I feel about the way they are operating.:maddance3:

we need someone in the ibt who will say the buck stops here instead of in my pocket, they are working driver's who are not at top pay while sitting at home driver's at the top pay scale which is direct violation of article42 section3 reduction in force, open board drivers in the holland system are regional drivers which run the entire system once they leave the home termial therefore holland is arbitrarily abusing the nmfa and rendering the contract useless and the ibt null and void: