FedEx Freight | Point system is back

Don't want or need representation from the Teamsters. If their is an issue I walk through that open door and resolve it. Not paying for anything I don't sign up for. Teamster extortion is what I call it.

That sounds all well and good... Resolve this, on your own:

http://teamsterslocal804.org/sites/teamsterslocal804.org/files/c6_enhanced_comparison_to_ups_3_0.pdf

[/QUOTE]

Recap, emergency room cost:
UPS: $25 copay; waived if admitted or within 72 hrs of accident; non‐emergency (Deductibles: None)

Teamcare: 100%, on first day of accident only, otherwise 80% after deductible (Deductibles: 2014 $50/$100, 2015 $100/$200, 2016 $150/$300, 2017 $200/$400)

FXFE Premium: 80% coverage after deductible **A $500 copay in addition to coinsurance & deductible will apply for the third and any subsequest ER visits for an individual. ER copay will be waived if admitted. (Deductibles: $1,200 individual, $3,600 family.)

FXFE Choice: 70% coverage after deductible **A $500 copay in addition to coinsurance & deductible will apply for the third and any subsequest ER visits for an individual. ER copay will be waived if admitted. (Deductibles: $2,250 individual, $4,500 family.)

Maybe Some Retiree healthcare benefit? https://myteamcare.org/ups/newMembers/docs/TeamCareRetireePlanforUPSMembers.pdf

RESOLVE These items, on your own, and we can talk. If representation resolves these issues, for you, YOU should be willing to pay a small fee for the significant gains received.

Now driver, you can't expect them to see everything. That tire probably blew out while sitting in the door, knocked the Microsoft off and broke the light. You know that happens all the time.

How does my spellcheck replace the word mudflap with microsoft. Just seen this. Wonder how many people read this and wondered what the @#$% I was talking about.

That sounds all well and good... Resolve this, on your own:

http://teamsterslocal804.org/sites/teamsterslocal804.org/files/c6_enhanced_comparison_to_ups_3_0.pdf

UPS: $25 copay; waived if admitted or within 72 hrs of accident; non‐emergency (Deductibles: None)

Teamcare: 100%, on first day of accident only, otherwise 80% after deductible (Deductibles: 2014 $50/$100, 2015 $100/$200, 2016 $150/$300, 2017 $200/$400)

FXFE Premium: 80% coverage after deductible **A $500 copay in addition to coinsurance & deductible will apply for the third and any subsequest ER visits for an individual. ER copay will be waived if admitted. (Deductibles: $1,200 individual, $3,600 family.)

FXFE Choice: 70% coverage after deductible **A $500 copay in addition to coinsurance & deductible will apply for the third and any subsequest ER visits for an individual. ER copay will be waived if admitted. (Deductibles: $2,250 individual, $4,500 family.)

Maybe Some Retiree healthcare benefit? https://myteamcare.org/ups/newMembers/docs/TeamCareRetireePlanforUPSMembers.pdf

RESOLVE These items, on your own, and we can talk. If representation resolves these issues, for you, YOU should be willing to pay a small fee for the significant gains received.

What's this have to do with the point system?

Guardrail

What's this have to do with the point system?

Guardrail

It seems he can resolve issues on his own... I wish he could resolve one like I mentioned...

To answer your question, very little.
Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Not here to be your friend. unlike most now in this forum I am employed by a good company ( FedEx) that pays me a good wage and I like going to work everyday with good people. 90k a year,4 weeks, vacation working 56 hours a week. When I'm sick I call in. Not seeing your issues. I like my job.

We don't expect to sway drivers like you...At or near the top of the seniority board, at a center where you are left alone for the most part as long as you do your job...set probably hooked up when you show up etc.

I want to address a few things.

About the redshirts getting bonuses. They got one bonus payout a year and it hurt when FedEx took it away. Too many of you guys hate on redshirts for just trying to do what they're told...there are ignorant jerks on BOTH sides of the dock, you know.

About the RTW laws. I understand the implementation of RTW laws to act as a draw for employment. I do not agree that you should be able to receive the benefits of a union contract without being a dues-paying member.

About the points system. The reason it was revoked in the first place was because it was challenged repeatedly in court and FedEx lost nearly every time.

I was also unaware that it was against policy to hook a trailer still being loaded, though I do understand why. I've heard stories of dock workers on forklifts going for a ride around the yard inside a trailer. However, hooking of trailers still being loaded still seems to happen all the time and personally, if the brakes are set, the tractor or dolly would prevent the trailer from walking away from the dock and stranding the forklift anyway (I've witnessed it happen. It's easier in winter and the chocks are worthless). However, I wouldn't wanna hook anything with a nose stand while it was still working. Just sayin'.

About the points system. The reason it was revoked in the first place was because it was challenged repeatedly in court and FedEx lost nearly every time.

You live in fantasy land if you think that was the case. The ONLY reason it was revoked is because of people signing cards and terminals petitioning. PERIOD.

You live in fantasy land if you think that was the case. The ONLY reason it was revoked is because of people signing cards and terminals petitioning. PERIOD.
If you really believe that, then you're the one living in fantasy land. The vote is changing things but that's not the only thing going on here. FedEx is being kicked hard right now by the courts over a lot of different issues, from accusations of illegal importation of goods at Express to contracted drivers (read: employees of owner/operators) at Ground seeking to be made employees of FedEx.

The union vote at Freight is not the only thing going on right now and it's not the only reason FedEx is changing things. But it IS a big, important series of events that make for a big reason FedEx is changing things.

How does my spellcheck replace the word mudflap with microsoft. Just seen this. Wonder how many people read this and wondered what the @#$% I was talking about.
Lol. I got spellcheck off because of that. So I don't spell good. So what? LOL.

Exactly! This is one of the oldest tricks in the book a disp and red shirt will use. For example, if u have a 8:00 show/gate for 8:30 a redshirt on the dock will scan every bill in your lane on just to close the box(es) out b4 8:00 but still will have the dock worker loading it. they'll close the trailer out b4 8:00 to save his/her tail...if they close it out after 8:00 then the error falls on them and not the disp if you are late out the gate. Another one is the redshirt closes the box out b4 8:00 but the disp is waiting on bills....the disp will dispatch u with your top sheet sitting in front of them until the bills come in. This is to cover the disp tail. Now your hook time is being wasted waiting on bills and if u are late out the gate then it will look like u are at fault. Ask for a re-print of your disp...this will give u a fresh 30min from the time stamp in the top left corner of your disp. It's trickery at its best!......

camara,video,video,camara!oh don't forget to have time stamp on.

If the union gets voted down at your terminal you will need that 90 grand to pay for your medical insurance and retirement, the yes terminals will get those things included in their 60 dollar a month dues.
They will be getting by better than you on like 40 hours a week.
Do the math..
Not here to be your friend. unlike most now in this forum I am employed by a good company ( FedEx) that pays me a good wage and I like going to work everyday with good people. 90k a year,4 weeks, vacation working 56 hours a week. When I'm sick I call in. Not seeing your issues. I like my job.

If the union gets voted down at your terminal you will need that 90 grand to pay for your medical insurance and retirement, the yes terminals will get those things included in their 60 dollar a month dues.
They will be getting by better than you on like 40 hours a week.
Do the math..

I don't know if anyone has told you lately but you are smart!!

RESOLVE These items, on your own, and we can talk. If representation resolves these issues, for you, YOU should be willing to pay a small fee for the significant gains received.[/QUOTE]

This does't mean anything. Teamsters can't promise anything. No guaranties.

News from sbr .if you are sick and you call out 2 points,if you miss your gate time 2 points.20 points and you are gone .do you think this is first step toward old points system.and whos idea it is mr underwood or corporation

This might be the biggest crock of crap that anyone has ever posted on here. Are you still drinking that Zima from the other night. I have to hand it to you though you have a great imagination. I actually laughed out loud when i read this.