XPO | Raise

In reference to age/years left to work or am I missing something?
Drivers that started after 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong ) went without ANY contributions to their 401k by Con-way. When there were "rumblings of unionization" , we had "One on ones" - I was asked about the morale and told that the drivers that were not getting any company match/contribution to their retirement would soon get something.

The thing is - I NEVER KNEW that this was going on to this extent. I was aware that Con-way was reworking how the PTO/vacation was done ( being able to go in the hole )
When you think about it separating the drivers , getting rid of as many CSR's as possible , and the dock worker push started THE MOMENT WE BECAME ONE CON-WAY.
When I spoke to a suit about how the multiple , random pay policies look to the drivers - " These new policies are not random or wrong. They were done to insure the longterm economic viability of the company."

What kind of company will you have when the only drivers you have are

1.) Drivers that nobody else wants
2.) Drivers that hate what this company has become because they know how much better it used to be
3.) Drivers that are near the end of their career and it makes no sense for them to leave
4.) Drivers that just don't care/their will is broken by Con-way and/or they never cared in the first place
5.) Drivers that are brand new and don't know better

50 -55 really I guess the greener ones dont see anything yet huh ill have to type real slow my phone sucks sorry for garbled crap my tm said the crap about coming to work and so on. It wasnt surprising since all management seems to be a dick these days. Used to not be like this.anyone got a theory? Im baffled

SALT ??? whats that we had a foot of ice between trailers all winter, but if you slip and fall its a preventable. still haven't fix the massive pot hole in the yard. This place really sucks anymore, not the same place I hired in at 23 yrs ago

not the same place I hired into in 83 used to be the best now uuh not so much

Drivers that started after 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong ) went without ANY contributions to their 401k by Con-way. When there were "rumblings of unionization" , we had "One on ones" - I was asked about the morale and told that the drivers that were not getting any company match/contribution to their retirement would soon get something.

The thing is - I NEVER KNEW that this was going on to this extent. I was aware that Con-way was reworking how the PTO/vacation was done ( being able to go in the hole )
When you think about it separating the drivers , getting rid of as many CSR's as possible , and the dock worker push started THE MOMENT WE BECAME ONE CON-WAY.
When I spoke to a suit about how the multiple , random pay policies look to the drivers - " These new policies are not random or wrong. They were done to insure the longterm economic viability of the company."

2.) Drivers that hate what this company has become because they know how much better it used to be
3.) Drivers that are near the end of their career and it makes no sense for them to leave
4.) Drivers that just don't care/their will is broken by Con-way and/or they never cared in the first place

im #3 how was I to know how such a great company would turn so bad too late for me but you younger guys run save yourself lol

You forgot #6..those that make 90- 100K and don't want to quit, because this is the easiest money they've ever made. haha. you forgot that one.

You forgot #6..those that make 90- 100K and don't want to quit, because this is the easiest money they've ever made. haha. you forgot that one.
No. I did not forget 6.

Drivers that earn these type of wages are a target TO BE ELIMINATED by the company. These past few years should have shown you that upper management views the drivers and THEIR wages as fair game to boost the company's bottom line.

In fact , when management has NO strategy on how to grow Con-way and/or increase profits the first place they look and have looked in the past is THE DRIVERS WAGES AND BENEFITS - so don't say there is a #6 , there's a TARGET.

The fattest turkey on Thanksgiving. The only nail sticking up in front of the hammer.

No. I did not forget 6. Drivers that earn these type of wages are a target TO BE ELIMINATED by the company. These past few years should have shown you that upper management views the drivers and THEIR wages as fair game to boost the company's bottom line. In fact , when management has NO strategy on how to grow Con-way and/or increase profits the first place they look and have looked in the past is THE DRIVERS WAGES AND BENEFITS - so don't say there is a #6 , there's a TARGET. The fattest turkey on Thanksgiving. The only nail sticking up in front of the hammer.

I fall into that category... Go ahead and fire me. 15 weeks severance plus an extra 15 weeks for wrongful termination, and I'll be working by the end of the day.

I fall into that category... Go ahead and fire me. 15 weeks severance plus an extra 15 weeks for wrongful termination, and I'll be working by the end of the day.
Don't worry.....this company knows their way around all these laws......y'alls included.

Don't worry.....this company knows their way around all these laws......y'alls included.

The company could not get around the law in Canada. The cameras only point out of the cab and they were not allowed to steal there vacation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The company could not get around the law in Canada. The cameras only point out of the cab and they were not allowed to steal there vacation. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Really? Cause they record all audio in cab as well as record video here in the states. Some states are single consent laws and others are dual consent laws for the recording of of phone conversations and that hasn't slowed them down a bit. You guys are extra fortunate then.
What if they tried to change your job assignment and you refuse? I read about that on the website. Canada has very interesting labor laws.

Can't get around federal law... Set in stone. Cameras are in cab for now, all it will take is a complaint to the federal labor board to get them pulled. Sleeping dogs are sleeping for now. They spent millions in legal fees to try and get around the law so our vacation would be like yours. Nope. They would have had to pay us two years worth of vacation. Way to costly.

Can't get around federal law... Set in stone. Cameras are in cab for now, all it will take is a complaint to the federal labor board to get them pulled. Sleeping dogs are sleeping for now. They spent millions in legal fees to try and get around the law so our vacation would be like yours. Nope. They would have had to pay us two years worth of vacation. Way to costly.
I would have complained to the labor board on the first day, then...