TForce | Re-Branding STOPPED!

News Flash boys!!!! Payroll and Human Resourses have been in Atlanta since the third quarter of last year...very few "O" people were given the opportunity to transfer. I have been told that the twin towers in Richmond will probably be for sale next year

News Flash boys!!!! Payroll and Human Resourses have been in Atlanta since the third quarter of last year...very few "O" people were given the opportunity to transfer. I have been told that the twin towers in Richmond will probably be for sale next year

Just think , the death of the company we once admired......

I wounder what happened to the old antique Overnite pickup truck that was displayed out front of the Richmond offices?

When I first hired on with Overnite I drew two designs for them using that old truck.
They had caps,sweat shirts,tee shirts,and coffee cups with my Overnite designs on them.

So I hold a special place in my heart for that old truck.

I'm kind of sorry to hear its been sold,Accelerator.

The old truck is still probably there as will be the building. Come September when they give Gordon his last big cash out there will be a lot of people from the old days leaving with or without permission. UPS understands this is the only way they can get things done. UPS has far more leverage power than OVNT ever did and why keep these subpar departments around? You are going to start seeing fall out in the regions after that but before '08. This is going to be good for the Company, but bad for some good people; however we are going to rid ourselves of some anchors too.

The old truck is still probably there as will be the building. Come September when they give Gordon his last big cash out there will be a lot of people from the old days leaving with or without permission. UPS understands this is the only way they can get things done. UPS has far more leverage power than OVNT ever did and why keep these subpar departments around? You are going to start seeing fall out in the regions after that but before '08. This is going to be good for the Company, but bad for some good people; however we are going to rid ourselves of some anchors too.

So you say the final day's for Richmond are in Sept.?

When I first hired on with Overnite I drew two designs for them using that old truck.
They had caps,sweat shirts,tee shirts,and coffee cups with my Overnite designs on them.

So I hold a special place in my heart for that old truck.

I'm kind of sorry to hear its been sold,Accelerator.

I was just kidding APO. (about the truck) I really have no clue.

yep, that's why they are putting new UPS Freight signage on Semmes Ave right now and the old truck is still in the lobby...Payroll is still here (7th floor, old side) and HR still here too

get your facts right

Thanks a lot for the first hand up date,Proud Overniter.

Here I was trusting Accelerator,and all he was doing was fibbing me.

Accelerator

Richmond heads will begin to roll in September faster than they are now. UPS is going to keep the good property by the James. I even heard they are plans to rebranding Richmond.

yep, that's why they are putting new UPS Freight signage on Semmes Ave right now and the old truck is still in the lobby...Payroll is still here (7th floor, old side) and HR still here too

get your facts right

I'll be honest, It's nice too hear a few good things about the co. from time too time. Thanx for your input....

Richmond heads will begin to roll in September faster than they are now. UPS is going to keep the good property by the James. I even heard they are plans to rebranding Richmond.

Well I think PROUD OVERNITER put the rebranding of semmes rumor too rest . What do you mean heads are going too roll?

get your facts right

I have a question for the PROUD OVERNITER, Has UPS eliminated any redundancy in the main office at all????

We have heard Human resources has moved for the past 2 years.

they have gotten rid of some redundancy, and some is coming. for example fuel purchase, it was a no brainer to get it on UPS's program instead of staying on our own, much more buying power with UPS.

the GO rebranding deal was a City of Richmond screw up. bureacracy and permits move slow

hr is still in the GO but somethings have gone to Atlanta obviously but I would say 80% or so is still here. payroll is the same staff as pre UPS.

keep in mind somethings done in the GO can not be replicated in Atlanta. central dispatch, pricing, equipment, cargo claims, casualty, etc are unique to LTL vs parcel and package. i think UPS is still learning that trucking is totally different than package.

they have gotten rid of some redundancy, and some is coming. for example fuel purchase, it was a no brainer to get it on UPS's program instead of staying on our own, much more buying power with UPS.

the GO rebranding deal was a City of Richmond screw up. bureacracy and permits move slow

hr is still in the GO but somethings have gone to Atlanta obviously but I would say 80% or so is still here. payroll is the same staff as pre UPS.

keep in mind somethings done in the GO can not be replicated in Atlanta. central dispatch, pricing, equipment, cargo claims, casualty, etc are unique to LTL vs parcel and package. i think UPS is still learning that trucking is totally different than package.

Thanx for the review, they have said in previous publications that reduncy was to be eliminated, just do not know how far they have taken it.

Now what have you heard about rebranding the company as a whole, I am hearing it has stopped but for different reasons.

1. being the fact we have alot of junk.
2. being the softness of the economy.
3. It is cheaper too lease at this point considering the amount of junk we have and the process involved in maintenance ( aside from the total costs involved).
4. The shareholders are nervous.:hysterical:

Is it also true that onsite fueling will be a thing of the past? I realize the purpose of the fuel cards was to be used when fuel is needed on the road ,but for the most part whay have it when we have onsite fueling?

I also find it rather odd that a tally of some sort in referrance to junk was not considered prior too the rebranding. I would think UPS would want too know this stuff prior too spending any monies on future purchases of any equipment.

I am also under the impression the benifit's dept. has moved, and we will still be using HEWITT as a third party bennies admistrator for future years? And no offence, is the name PROUD OVERNITER just creativity, or is there a subliminal message in that screen name?

When I went to Pittsburg PA. for the safety training certification program last August.
I had to submit forms for reimbursement of my meals,and travel expences to UPS.
My TM took care of sending it to the proper place.
When I got my check it was cut ,and sent from Atlanta, Ga.
So I thought our payroll had left Richmond,and gone to Atlanta?