XPO | regioal meeting set for sunday 28th

Look bottom line is, some people like getting bent over and getting greased with pumice go-jo, . And some of us are tired of getting the shaft all the time. This bunch has done nothing but TAKE,TAKE,TAKE!!!!! If you are happy the go-jo then great enjoy. But I am sick and tired of it.

I hope the union vote takes off and passes all over. And you can say Conway will never sign a contract, WRONG it will go back and forth then and then they will be charged with bad faith barging and it will then go to arbitration. Bottom line if it takes off there will be a contract in the end.
You think other companies in recent years haven't TOOK, TOOK, TOOK, from their employees either? They have, Walgreens, a much larger than Conway recently took away all company paid health insurance. It's a sign of the times and it's not isolated to just Conway.

What is this "we" garbage you're spewing? Do you work for Con-way? I don't think so. Even your handle is ridiculous, slave no more for whom? What does that mean? Oh I know what it means, move the customers freight slower, but get paid more. This aint the 1970's, get with the program.

We are voted best by our customers in regionals for the Quest for Quality Awards. I dont need you telling me how to serve customers. Our terminal is between #1 & #2 as far as Operating ratio and money making most times.
You dont need to be treated " less than" without a contract to make money for the company and serve customers well.
I doubt youll get many New Penn drivers from here without a contract. Even if they start you at $28/ hr.
Id rather deliver pizza than freight without workrules under contract. Theres to much responsibility and to much to do to be just " told" this is what youll be paid and this is what you'll do. Without a union side to it.
Why am I interested in your situation?
Because we all affect each others job.
Better for us all if we're all union.
Union doesn't mean lazy.
New Penn is not lazy. Ask our customers.

Good luck with your big meetings.
Hopefully the guys who want the union still do even if they bribe ya with $50/ hr.
Workers in this business need a voice and contract. Its a grown mans job and shoild be required imo.

You think other companies in recent years haven't TOOK, TOOK, TOOK, from their employees either? They have, Walgreens, a much larger than Conway recently took away all company paid health insurance. It's a sign of the times and it's not isolated to just Conway.

Seems like its a sign of more recent times that Conway and Fedex drivers have finally had enough and are going to the Teamsters for representation. Good for them.

I here that there is a chicago region meeting set for sunday involving the pay increases that were handed out 2 tier top pay scale turning up the trucks ect. does any know more?

There will be cookies and juice monday morning but if your looking for equal pay across the board just go ahead and start being disapointed now and save yourself the suspense! !

I have no expectations for our Monday morning meeting except one.
The BS will get thrown around.

Just keep doing what we can do today.

i appreciate your honesty... But it doesn't matter what we ask. We won't change anyone's mind. They will do what they will do to benefit the shareholders. Not the drivers.

Con-way is 70% corporate owned - this influences a lot of decisions that go against the drivers.

As far as what Con-way may do next - More of the same.

Upper management does not think like a NATIONAL company ,they think small , regional.

Look at the way the last round of "raises" was done - one big one here where there's a problem , a small one there where everything is okay - Management counts on drivers not knowing what's going on with the next guy.

They also count on drivers saying "I'm happy , don't rock the boat" - we ALL have seen posts from drivers that say "Things are great" but other drivers that work at the SAME location are dying.

If management follows the same pattern -

A.) Con-way will do JUST ENOUGH to quiet the union thoughts/talk

B.) Take more from the newer employees and less from the older ones and continue a PATTERN of separating the employees by pay and benefits

C.) Management will tell us the new changes are better ( even if they aren't ) and give us reasons why ( more choices for you , no other company does this , etc..)

D.) Con-way tries to make new changes as hard to follow as possible. Confusion = control

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no conscience in a corporation.
They are the cheerleaders of " profits over people" mentality.
They can bust on unions all they want but most of the union drivers who worked under the original owners, before the companies went corporate, were really happy and proud to work with them families.
Corporate is all about profits.
There were unions even when families owned the companies.
Now that families don't, and its all about profits and short term goals and bonuses at the top, it is insane, and childish to not have a union.
There is no stability relying on a corporate system.
You make it as stable as you can for you with a union.

Your top dogs are not owners.
They are employees just like you.

it is insane, and childish to not have a union.

When you say crap like this, it's insane and childish to listen to you.

I guess you like to utilize the whole " confusion is control " ( thanks icuicp ) deal that the management employ to get people following you like a pied piper.

You got a be a bit off to wanna be covered in and surrounded by rats. Count me out of your little line.

You gotta be a grown man to be able to speak and act for yourself. Not some kid that never grew up looking for someone else to pick his fights for him.

Plenty of good jobs out there. If this one isn't good enough. We will all be somewhere else. Making way better money than most people do.

That union knife cuts both ways. All these YRC drivers I see and talk to. Complaining that they can leave. They have to much invested. To much to lose. Sometimes that whole being in a union makes you think you should stay when you should be long gone. Because they ain't really got anything to lose. Or anything invested. YRC is just gonna keep TAKE TAKE TAKING. Union or not. It's the same crap you guys cry about Con-way doing.

Conference call Sunday, all tms, foms and personnel supervisors. Word on the street 65 mph is a done deal.

I`m going to call in Sunday at 4pm and listen to what you and a few others have tried to tell everyone 6 yrs ago. I will send you the code number to get in.

Actually, yes. But we were told, for some odd reason, that audio/visual recordings of meetings were against company policy. I don't quite understand that one.....
read " we don't want a repeat of the meeting at LLA". Lmfao!

I dont expect somebody with your position to understsnd the word "we" ti much. "I" is most probablly much more important. Safety is the biggest lie going in all the companies as long as pay is based on milage. How much does the customer pay for the people killed and disabled for life because of all the guys hurrying on the mileage pay deal. Seems to me the customets have disounts than most of us could dream of on stuff we want
...dicount discount discount.....Sometimes we should think of the guys who do what we do.......How many other jobs involving labor are paid by commision as opposed to time?
Not many. And it rolls into other trucking jobs where drivers are outright abused....such as guys who sit places for no pay at all like grocery watehouses and such.
I dont have a "handle". I dont have a need for a CB. Im a city driver.
You're right about one thing. "I" is most important thing to me because the company isn't looking out for me, but neither are you or your beloved Teamsters because they are all filled with a bunch of people looking out for No. 1 That's the reality of things, this notion of one for all and all for one.....that's fantasy.

There is no conscience in a corporation.
They are the cheerleaders of " profits over people" mentality.
They can bust on unions all they want but most of the union drivers who worked under the original owners, before the companies went corporate, were really happy and proud to work with them families.
Corporate is all about profits.
There were unions even when families owned the companies.
Now that families don't, and its all about profits and short term goals and bonuses at the top, it is insane, and childish to not have a union.
There is no stability relying on a corporate system.
You make it as stable as you can for you with a union.

Your top dogs are not owners.
They are employees just like you.
So....Business should be about something other than profit? What am I missing here?

So....Business should be about something other than profit? What am I missing here?

Absolutely business is about profit, but at the expense of the people that make it happen? Businesses used to make money AND take care of their employees. Seems that in the current economy profit is the sole thrust, screw the people that actually MAKE that profit.

I hear there will be 4 different pay levels for the service centers..boy oh boy..are they gonna mess this up..and that's not even the bad part.

I hear there will be 4 different pay levels for the service centers..boy oh boy..are they gonna mess this up..and that's not even the bad part.

This mess should make all the pro union guys happy. If half of what I hear comes out in this meeting, it will all but ensure a massive wave of union votes.