ABF | Rumor Has It

CF and ABF
So are you not glad that before you hired in to ABF that it was not a separate entity? And back then CF decided ABFs fate. Was it worrisome at that time? You will reap the benefits of NMFA/MEPF and now that's all unacceptable

Hey papajohn and truxforever...how many ABF'ers do you think sent that questioner in wanting a two year contract?

Hey papajohn and truxforever...how many ABF'ers do you think sent that questioner in wanting a two year contract?

I would guess none, I don't think it is a good idea to be in with yrc contract, They have hurt the industry and drivers more then they have helped

I would guess none, I don't think it is a good idea to be in with yrc contract, They have hurt the industry and drivers more then they have helped
Man are you right...One lousy CEO and look where we ended up. Prey it never happens to you.

Thank You. I was never that lucky and you never experienced what I did. I would never expect you to understand my thoughts.

What did you experience that I have not?
and why do you assume I would not understand your thoughts?

I want everyone to understand I do not see this as just a YRC thing.....I would love for an ABF driver to be able to continue somewhere else too....for whatever reason. Once the is no NMFA/MEPF that comes to an end.

I want everyone to understand I do not see this as just a YRC thing.....I would love for an ABF driver to be able to continue somewhere else too....for whatever reason. Once the is no NMFA/MEPF that comes to an end.

Tell me...do you think that was on the YRC Teamster's mind as they voted on the 3rd Agreement?

I do not understand the want to be separate knowing that nobody else could do the same in the future....sorry

I do...Do you think that the YRC Teamsters cared about everybody else that was in the pension fund when they voted?

Tell me...do you think that was on the YRC Teamster's mind as they voted on the 3rd Agreement?
By then I was gone a Year Docker. All I really got is what we see here on the Truckingboards. MY THOUGHTS is they wanted a Job at all costs....but thats just my guess. I had a family member worried about his 5 weeks vacation, I seen silly stuff like I would lose my Truck or Bid. Sad but true.

Wolf its not bad enough what is going on with the companies, but it is our own union that has put us in the condition we are in, and if we can't trust our union leaders to do what they are getting PAID for, then it will be hard to put our trust back in them.

By then I was gone a Year Docker. All I really got is what we see here on the Truckingboards. MY THOUGHTS is they wanted a Job at all costs....but thats just my guess. I had a family member worried about his 5 weeks vacation, I seen silly stuff like I would lose my Truck or Bid. Sad but true.

I'm just telling you why so many feel like I do when it comes to not wanting part of a contract with YRCW...

Wolf The company and the union lied to their members, and yes the union told people at least you have a job and it is better then nothing. I think they were wrong in doing this, They put every bodies pension and jobs at risk. Work rules have changed for every YRCW company with 4 hour casuals working with men laid off, THIS SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ALLOWED, Yet our union is backing it, they have lost alot of credibility and respect.