Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

The Cooper family buyout of Holland is stirring around our barn again. Anything to this? One of our ME road drivers was telling this " fairy tale wish" Friday night. GRIZZ

i heard there was an offer already backed by tnt ... offfer was rejected ... but since yrc needs cash and not holland who knows .. :BlahBlah: ?
they aint goin to let joe trucker know .... anyway alot of wishful thinkin i assume

I was told about a month ago, that beginning in '09, YRC was going to "pull back" from their meddling with HOLLAND. They stated that "they were going to pull back from micro-managing Holland, and Holland was either going to sink or swim on their own.":1036316054:Now, that is exactly what I want to hear! Get your paws out of our pocket, and let us swim on our own. And we will swim, not sink. Of course, I can not tell you where I got my info. If I did I would have to eliminate all of you! Seriously though, It came from what I classify as a good source.:1036316054:

Some complain about the rumor thread. I use this thread as "a thread for hope". With all the gloom and doom, some of you guys up north hear and communicate these rumors to us southern guys. I've been around here long enough to know who to listen to. Speaking of listening to, where is "Unionist"? I would enjoy reading his post on something besides "705 contract". He brings it. GRIZZ

I didn't make it up I have been hearing it all week.
If I was making it up I would at least make some sense.
What does the time have to do with anything?
I only wanted to try and figure out the logic and what better place than the rumor thread?

It’s a joke that goes around at our place, mostly comes from the road drivers…. If you didn’t hear a rumor by 10:00am then they make up one to have to spread around to have something to say!!! This was a joke… don’t be so touchy. :smilie_132:

Where are you?

Some complain about the rumor thread. I use this thread as "a thread for hope". With all the gloom and doom, some of you guys up north hear and communicate these rumors to us southern guys. I've been around here long enough to know who to listen to. Speaking of listening to, where is "Unionist"? I would enjoy reading his post on something besides "705 contract". He brings it. GRIZZ

Yeah! I miss him too.:hide: He brings it alright, by the shovel full, so you have wear high boots.:hysterical:

GBA:USA:

I was told about a month ago, that beginning in '09, YRC was going to "pull back" from their meddling with HOLLAND. They stated that "they were going to pull back from micro-managing Holland, and Holland was either going to sink or swim on their own.":1036316054:Now, that is exactly what I want to hear! Get your paws out of our pocket, and let us swim on our own. And we will swim, not sink. Of course, I can not tell you where I got my info. If I did I would have to eliminate all of you! Seriously though, It came from what I classify as a good source.:1036316054:

I`ll believe it when I see it!!!

I herd the same thing from our higher ups in columbus to and like hooddock i we believe it when i see it. I think they just feed us B.S just to calm us down because what they tell us only comes true about 10 percent of the time.

It’s a joke that goes around at our place, mostly comes from the road drivers…. If you didn’t hear a rumor by 10:00am then they make up one to have to spread around to have something to say!!! This was a joke… don’t be so touchy. :smilie_132:
Didn't mean to sound "touchy".
Just couldn't figure out what the time had to do with it.
NOW I get it.:1036316054:

It`s almost impossible to swim when shackeled,let alone after all the blood has been sucked out of us.

I talk with people who know Scott and his comments are I'm not ready to throw a bunch of money away to buy Holland life is easy right at the moment,not saying they wouldn't think about it!

I talk with people who know Scott and his comments are I'm not ready to throw a bunch of money away to buy Holland life is easy right at the moment,not saying they wouldn't think about it!

Who's Scott? Holland life is easy?

GBA:USA:

Seriously, why would UPS buy Holland when they can pick up the pieces (that they want) in a few months/years? And how exactly would they go about melding the NMFA drivers with the contracted employees that they already have? Who follows what rules? Hell, they can't even figure out our contract let alone having to balance two of them. And lets not forget the pension buyout. Why would they get involved with that again?

Hopefully for the Holland drivers sake, none of this is true and all will be well for them. But the outlook isn't good. Anytime I read a YRC press release there is no mention of Holland. Basically, they have picked you guys clean and are either going to piece you out when you fail or they'll dump you to the highest bidder.

As for how well the Holland drivers would do at UPS Freight, it's amazing what a man will do when he has to feed his family. I think most would do fine. There are quite a few Overnite drivers who failed the test so far and there are more to come when things get even tougher.

One thing you all must know though is that the beard will HAVE to go if you ever plan on wearing the brown. And those tats must be covered, so you might be wearing long sleeves in the summer time, depending on what you need to conceal. Some of us were fortunate to have been grand-fathered in with our tattoos and beards. But that might be a thing of the past at some point in time as well.

I wish you all the best. Anytime a company fails, it's never a good thing and it's nothing to celebrate or gloat over.

Well let me see, whats up with "UPGF" driver. Sorry man, exactly what you are doing. Been around here to long not to notice. No harm man, have a good day. GRIZZ

I think you should take your doom and gloom back to your board; I have heard enough about the dismantling of our company from the competition.:nutkick: I have a lot of friends and family that work at your company; they say things aren’t to awful rosy over there either. I don’t think your customers would like to read that sort of garbage, and then turn around use you for a shipment. I believe in these tough times that we ALL are experiencing; we should not spread these rumors that aren’t true. :smilie_132: