XPO | Rumors

No specifics. But you know how they said about incentives and those that do more will make more ? Those that don't will make considerably less ?

The rumor mill is on fire. Not even trying to speculate. Just saying. I heard it was not necessarily a raise.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who gets what based on one's work record. It kind of reminds me of the old ccx days when they gave us annual reviews just to try to motivate us to do better so that we'd improve our score the next time that we sat down and went over things.

We've had the new hh's at my barn for about a month or so now. I think the reason, at least one reason, that they are not coming to every sc yet is cause there are software issues w/ them. Example: Right in the middle of completing an os&d write up, or any other transaction for that matter, the hh goes back to the main menu page and it is very frustrating trying to complete one's stops in a timely manner w/ this new gadget.. The IT guys really need to fix this and any other glitches before they issue them to any other facilities.
https://www.zebra.com/us/en/product...#mainpartabscontainer_9643=warranties-support

Specs on new handhelds.

The new rumor I heard was another round of management/office layoffs which could come tomorrow.

The rumor mill is on fire. Cut everything. Cost analysis, everything that costs something will need justified.

We all know Con-way is full of waste. And that he will cut it out. Nothing to be scared of. But things will change. They have to. It may be bad for some or even worse for others. But it stands to be great for some as well. We won't know until we know.

I remain cautiously and skeptically optimistic. But still thrilled to be moving on from the corpse of Con-way.

The rumor mill is on fire. Cut everything. Cost analysis, everything that costs something will need justified.

We all know Con-way is full of waste. And that he will cut it out. Nothing to be scared of. But things will change. They have to. It may be bad for some or even worse for others. But it stands to be great for some as well. We won't know until we know.

I remain cautiously and skeptically optimistic. But still thrilled to be moving on from the corpse of Con-way.

Today was the 1st day that our DR's changed . No longer blue print , instead black...no longer Con-way Freight, instead XPO Logistics. Change is certainly advancing...XPO increasing in presence while Con-way is decreasing.

Yeah, getting out of the habit of saying "You get the black copy, I get the blue" to customers is proving difficult.

Old habits, ya know.

Yeah SG... it's tough. I still wear my Conway jacket, (when I'm out of sight of sc eyes), cause it slips on and off so much easier than the xpo one does. I still answer my customers over the phone w/ "This is Conway Freight w/ a delivery for you." I just don't have it in me to say XPO yet...besides my customers know Conway and I hate explaining to everyone all the details of the buyout. Maybe in time after we get our uniforms and the our equipment is all re-branded I'll have no choice but to say "This is XPO Logistics w/ a delivery for you", but for right now I just can't do it.

Most of our freight we pick up says CCX on it, they still think we are CCX. Not Con-Way Freight, once they find out we are Con-way Freight then about 5 years from now they will find out we are XPO....:idunno:

Yes, he was let go along with 300 other people in management yesterday and today, and meetings on Monday
We are getting ready to find something out, LTU has a meeting Monday morning with upper management, word is they are losing runs. But that is just what the driver's think. Usually when upper management comes to a specific terminal, it means they are losing runs not gaining. Plus, they have been giving out CC days every day for last few months.

We are getting ready to find something out, LTU has a meeting Monday morning with upper management, word is they are losing runs. But that is just what the driver's think. Usually when upper management comes to a specific terminal, it means they are losing runs not gaining. Plus, they have been giving out CC days every day for last few months.
Appreciate the info. I know some barns will lose and some will gain, and I'm sure upper mgmt will keep certain rm's and the likes for newly created or restructured positions. I just hope when they lay off dsr's here and there, they look at performance and attendance, when deciding who stays and who goes. Otherwise they will pass up prime opportunities to get rid of ::shit:: bags