Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

Thats it!!! 1 fairly used Vaio laptop for sale CHEEP!!! And..... as is. :shutup2:

Got what you deserved then

Not happy about it but voting YES!
I urge everyone to stop arguing here and read,read,read!!!!
please read all of whats in the tentative agreement ....weigh your options carefully and think hard about the future that this decision will leave you with.Then make an educated vote!
Not from being tough or what your friends are doing but from what you have read in the agreement its self. There is allot of very interesting material there and you should read it before you make a foolish uneducated vote.
Good luck to us all whatever the outcome may be.
Did you read anything from post #705 ??? Do you think im making this stuff up?
Im Pulling it out of my :eck13:?? Google it if you can get your blinders off, I would suggest you read read read!!!
“think hard about the future that this decision will leave you with” are you all so blind
With fear that you cannot see your fate? Just vote for it whatever it is as long as I get to work tomorrow no matter how screwed we are??? Are you kidding? Does anyone at all understand a NO vote means back to the table?? “foolish uneducated vote” ??? I set up a bulls eye on the wall for me to bang my head on when this is voted thru. I have nothing to gain from this, im back to college in September at age 46. If you all want to screw yourselves all over again and for the third time, then so be it. i wont be a part of this cowardice any more.

Did you read anything from post #705 ??? Do you think im making this stuff up?
Im Pulling it out of my :eck13:?? Google it if you can get your blinders off, I would suggest you read read read!!!
“think hard about the future that this decision will leave you with” are you all so blind
With fear that you cannot see your fate? Just vote for it whatever it is as long as I get to work tomorrow no matter how screwed we are??? Are you kidding? Does anyone at all understand a NO vote means back to the table?? “foolish uneducated vote” ??? I set up a bulls eye on the wall for me to bang my head on when this is voted thru. I have nothing to gain from this, im back to college in September at age 46. If you all want to screw yourselves all over again and for the third time, then so be it. i wont be a part of this cowardice any more.

The first thing you should do when you go back to college is learn the difference between opinion and fact!

You may believe that a NO vote will force them back to the table and that's your OPINION which you're certainly entitled to, but you don't know that for a fact.

If you're right you may come back and say "See, I told you so", but if you're wrong you may come back and say "Holy s**t, what happened?"

We'll see in a short time won't we? :biglaugh:

been there many years, so I have to agree you probably are

I would take the extra time you get from this concession to find another JOB!!! This company is going down--just a matter of time....use the time you get to step into something better...That's what I'm doing anyway. I got an interview tomm. at McDonalds---the pay's not great but you can work your way up to fry cook in like three months and they even give you free food!! I can't wait!:biglaugh:

I would take the extra time you get from this concession to find another JOB!!! This company is going down--just a matter of time....use the time you get to step into something better...That's what I'm doing anyway. I got an interview tomm. at McDonalds---the pay's not great but you can work your way up to fry cook in like three months and they even give you free food!! I can't wait!:biglaugh:

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I heard that Zollars is interviewing at McDonalds. They want to hire him to so they can buy out Burger King, Wendy's and Arby's!! :hysterical:

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I heard that Zollars is interviewing at McDonalds. They want to hire him to so they can buy out Burger King, Wendy's and Arby's!! :hysterical:

Why would he want to buy those other companys they all do the same thing (sell hamburgers) Oh I get it now, same as he did with Yellow, BTW they also would be broke in a short amount of time, the man just don't get it.:shift:

I are not truck driver, duh !!!

The first thing you should do when you go back to college is learn the difference between opinion and fact!

You may believe that a NO vote will force them back to the table and that's your OPINION which you're certainly entitled to, but you don't know that for a fact.

If you're right you may come back and say "See, I told you so", but if you're wrong you may come back and say "Holy s**t, what happened?"

We'll see in a short time won't we? :biglaugh:
A fact is what it is, it’s a fact. An opinion is variable. I wont be back to say “I told you so” this is a fact. Also a fact, You won’t see me back at that looser dead end job ever, FACT.
Gosh, I’m only smart enough to turn a steering wheel? FALSE. if i do end up back there, please put a gun in my mouth, i'll be happy to pull the trigger for you, FACT. @#$#$%% frigging sucky job, aaaarrgg, gasp....

We need to consider this thought. As long as we continue
to base our votes on our own personal circumstances. Or because
we don't wanna face the alternatives. We are throwing away
the brotherhood of being in a union. In my opinion
if you vote yes just go to your local and withdrawal
from this union. I can't wait to get home and vote
NO! We gave twice under threats by YRC of going out of
business. Yet for personal selfish reasons is all
the YES men have for justifying their vote. I am ashamed
And disgusted by the outright cowards in this union.
So what if we have to lower our standard of living.
So what if we loose of above average home.
The economy is where its at today due to all of
us greedy Americans thinking we have to have the best of
everything. By buying it on credit. Money we didn't
have. Now as so called teamsters we are hiding behind
economy being in the tank to justify saving our jobs?
Come on!

I thought the bad econemy was caused by AIG and wallstreet bankers??? Laid off truckers are getting the blame for that too ,uh. After reading Zollars letter to Hoffa I'm voting NO. Zollers is a lying sack of sheet.

Wish I could read the link on my I phone. It says bad
link on the hoffa vs zollars letter.

We need to consider this thought. I am ashamed
And disgusted by the outright cowards in this union.
Come on!

I retired with 20 years from the Teamsters, July 1st, it took me 30 + years to do that, facing many layoffs, 3 company closings etc, and yes I walked the picket line, it's been hard, but worth every effort, does that make me a coward ?

During those times of layoff's and closings over the years, I could get a job about any-where, to feed my family.

You say, well it doesn't matter to you, you are retired, well let me say this, I'm only 57 years old, I was not really ready to retire, I'm still not ready to retire, I'm young and restless, so to speak, but never the less, I'm retired from the Teamsters.

I thought I might get a nice little job back home, where I wanted to live, have a little side income, let someone else build a retirement for their family in the position I was holding, but that has not worked out because of the concessions the company needs to survive, not only because of the mistakes they made, (it has been many), but let me say this, finding any kind of job in any industry today, except health care, is tough too do.

I had a job offer, but, the Teamsters would not allow me to work there and draw my pension, because they say, it was in competition with Teamster jobs, so I keep looking around.....................Trust Me.............until this economy turns around, there are no jobs to be had, unless YOU are willing to live in a truck week after week with no life for no more than grocery money.

I have a lot years of wisdom in trucking, too some it doesn't amount to a hill of beans, because my vote is not what YOU want to hear.

I do get too vote, because I just retired this month and a lot of those retired get to vote too.

Most have already out of discuss, voted No, I think that's a mistake, :nutkick:You are entitled too your opinion, I'm entitled to my opinion, this is still a free country.

I don't like what YRC is doing, I hate the things they have done, but I have no choice but too vote YES, because........if I vote NO, it's a sure bet it will put alot of working people out on the street looking for work that's NOT there...............so as bad as I hate this..........I have no other choice.

GWhiz....YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO VOTE, YOU ARE RETIRED....LET THE MEN WHO WORK DECIED.....Were are not saying they (YRCW) dont need help. they just need to go back to the drawing boards $7+ and $1....Plus the $2.5 the already took...come on. kick the man while he's down.
I'm getting calls about 5 times a week to go to work...They know this will pass. GET IT? THEY KNOW THIS WILL PASS...

I think there's a lot of posturing on here (remember all of those CB Rambos? ..lol). I would like to see the membership demographics of this site. Most members will vote their pocketbook, just like in a regular election. If you have 10+ years to go until retirement, you'll vote YES. And if you're at the end of you career, you'll vote NO, it's that simple.

I think there's a lot of posturing on here (remember all of those CB Rambos? ..lol). I would like to see the membership demographics of this site. Most members will vote their pocketbook, just like in a regular election. If you have 10+ years to go until retirement, you'll vote YES. And if you're at the end of you career, you'll vote NO, it's that simple.

You hit the nail on the head with the "CB Rambo" comment!! Right on!! :hysterical:

Now who's being the cb rambo? Go ahead and vote us into non union
Wages and see if we get anything back? Or if u save the
Company. Or pensions. We gave on the last 2 contracts. All
I heard is we can't fight. We don't have a leg to stand on.
I guess I shouldn't expect anything different.

Now who's being the cb rambo? Go ahead and vote us into non union
Wages and see if we get anything back? Or if u save the
Company. Or pensions. We gave on the last 2 contracts. All
I heard is we can't fight. We don't have a leg to stand on.
I guess I shouldn't expect anything different.

Are you aware of just how many people in numerous occupations have had to give some concessions in these difficult times or have been laid off altogether and have no job at all? Are you aware of just how high the unemployment rate has become?

As I've said many times, I'd rather take a short term cut and help the job survive and wait till better economic times to return and then fight for a resumption of better wages and benefits - when the company can afford them.

I just don't know how many more times I can explain that to all the Rambo's who think they're negotiating a new contract in normal times rather than making some difficult accommodations in terrible economic times.

All this "Rah Rah" B.S. tough talk is just that. I've seen it way too many times over the years and it's just what I've called it.

It will not be temporay cuts. Only time will tell.

You're right, time will tell. If they try to make the cuts permanent when good times return, that's when we turn on the pressure - when they're making money and have it to give!