Yellow | Stand Proud Chicago!!!!!!

IMO The problem here is that EVERYONE at YRC has been lied to so many time about so many things that there is NO credibility with ANYONE. As a 710 roaddriver I took the time to find out for myself the answers to the questions of what was truth and what was fiction. I voted yes BOTH times (1st vote 10% and 2nd vote 5% more and no pension) and YES it was hard to go with the second yes. I hope that more of the people who are going to vote on Tuesday will take the time to find the truth and then vote. Good luck to ALL YRC teamsters, Happy Holidays:highfive:

I don't have a clue what they think. Maybe they are not on here telling us because there is to many New penn drivers talking and can't get a word in. :shrug: You talk like you got some kinship with Chicago cuz you revoted. You were not shuting down YRC you were merging, posibly losing senority. This is a different deal. Like Joe said< I don't think they're listening. :popcorn:
New Penn is just as affected by the outcome....
and we could have shut it down with the first vote.
And the second and revote was a decision alot of guys probably made with my same sentiments.. Either way it would have closed a company. And I don't view unions as something that should be used to close companies...It defeats the purpose. You need a job to have a union.
And if the majority of 40,000 says we'll take the cuts and try and survive I agree.. STRIKES and voting &quot;no&quot; at a time like this are the very utmost last option...and if the majority decided we can live with it ...I don't think chicago needs to feel that they are so much different. I think &quot;special&quot; and &quot;unique&quot; are things that nons exemplify. None of us needs to be special and unique right now.

IMO The problem here is that EVERYONE at YRC has been lied to so many time about so many things that there is NO credibility with ANYONE. As a 710 roaddriver I took the time to find out for myself the answers to the questions of what was truth and what was fiction. I voted yes BOTH times (1st vote 10% and 2nd vote 5% more and no pension) and YES it was hard to go with the second yes. I hope that more of the people who are going to vote on Tuesday will take the time to find the truth and then vote. Good luck to ALL YRC teamsters, Happy Holidays:highfive:

Happy Holidays and good luck to you...Nobody would want the unfair burden which has been placed upon the shoulders of you and your brothers.

Pat F kind of freaked me out watching that video. A pres of a large local like 710 not informing the members and then bashing YRC for surviving the deregulation. Yellow-Roadway at the time didn't ask for it. Congress did. He's living in the past. The dock-men know they are in a strong position and maybe city drivers too as far as a work around. Now that they are NMFA dock may be required to get a CDL and whatever else YRC can think of to make life miserable. Too bad they won't have anyone to cover their back

how stupid. tell little johnny on Christmas morning how his dad stood proud but they have to find a place to live because his dad stood up to yrc.

GET REAL you cornballs. its time for you to be MEN and not fools

I love these kind of posts!!!

There is no MAN/MEN that I know of that will bend over and take it in the :eck13: and say &quot;Thank you Sir, may I have another!!&quot; Only YRC boys do that..then again never new YRC had any MAN/MEN.

Real men stand up and fight for what they believe in and not coward down under threats and intimidation and continue to re-vote.
And when this mess is all said and done you'll be a **** anyways.

I love these kind of posts!!!

There is no MAN/MEN that I know of that will bend over and take it in the :eck13: and say &quot;Thank you Sir, may I have another!!&quot; Only YRC boys do that..then again never new YRC had any MAN/MEN.

Real men stand up and fight for what they believe in and not coward down under threats and intimidation and continue to re-vote.
And when this mess is all said and done you'll be a **** anyways.
Real men fight when there is a logical gain.
There is no logical gain to voting &quot;no&quot; when you have been told by everyone inclucing your union reps that the plug will be pulled.
It's cowards who are beaten too many times before and can't handle it anymore that are laying down and giving up..
&quot;no&quot; means &quot; I surrender Mr. Z.&quot; we all lose. No means the war is over. Yes means we may live to come back and fight another day....No means the negation of any chance to go back and fight. It took one weekend to close redstar.
I highly doubt that there is a bluff...No means it's over and Chicago gave up.

I don't have a clue what they think. Maybe they are not on here telling us because there is to many New penn drivers talking and can't get a word in. :shrug: You talk like you got some kinship with Chicago cuz you revoted. You were not shuting down YRC you were merging, posibly losing senority. This is a different deal. Like Joe said< I don't think they're listening. :popcorn:
I'm familiar with the situation. Everybody knows it's there decision and theirs alone..but peole are going to influence it.
It's done with all kinds of politics.

And i have a very strong hunch from personal experience and these types of boards also that the &quot;no&quot; voters are also driving around on their forklifts and walking the yards trying like hell to keep everybody voting no. I'm here to let the people who are thinking about changin that. Because they may need some support and reasons why. I'm sure at work they are hearing &quot;vote no&quot; by a bunch of big mouths, constantly....But in the peace and quiet of their own homes they may read something that actually makes sense to them...It can't make sense to them to just give their jobs and 30,000+ other people's jobs away with the cast of a ballot. And possibly keep them out of a union job for the rest of their lives..Chances are that YRC will fold....but we won't know that nor the time should a no vote come back and they close the place and blame it on that.
Remember what your BA said....some guys made their pension time with givebacks at other company's,they couldn't save the company but they did buy enough time for some to make there time....they won't make it with a no vote.

Real men fight when there is a logical gain.
There is no logical gain to voting &quot;no&quot; when you have been told by everyone inclucing your union reps that the plug will be pulled.
It's cowards who are beaten too many times before and can't handle it anymore that are laying down and giving up..
&quot;no&quot; means &quot; I surrender Mr. Z.&quot; we all lose. No means the war is over. Yes means we may live to come back and fight another day....No means the negation of any chance to go back and fight. It took one weekend to close redstar.
I highly doubt that there is a bluff...No means it's over and Chicago gave up.) (NPT, you need to move on, the partys over, somebody needs to finally pull the plug on this train wreck you think is going to survive. get off the dock and break room and quit drinking the company kool aid. our service sucks,managment sucks, equiptment sucks,morale sucks, all odds are against your dreams brother. you will survive, saint jude will tell you that, i dont need to. we have all had enough.

One more little story before I take a nap.

There once was a raging battle.
On one side were 40,000 troops.
The leaders had a plan.
It may not have been a great plan in the eyes of the troops but it was some kind of plan to get through this battle. The top dogs said it is in the best interests of the troops to do this.
But a small group of rabblerousers didn't like the plan. So they rallied together and made an attack against the voicings of the generals............................................................................................and 40,000 died prematurely. Well never know what would have happened if they followed the guidance of their leaders........End of story....

The leaders had a plan.
It may not have been a great plan in the eyes of the troops but it was some kind of plan to get through this battle. The top dogs said it is in the best interests of the troops to do this.
But a small group of rabblerousers didn't like the plan. So they rallied together and made an attack against the voicings of the generals............................................................................................and 40,000 died prematurely. Well never know what would have happened if they followed the guidance of their leaders........End of story....
What a crock of schlitz

The leaders had a plan.

LOL keep following that pack of sheep, they are only going into that building for some food.

I don't go on what the company says...It's the union that has said what will happen. And the union also has said that the future looks bleak. But one more day or week working as a union member is a whole lot better than starting at a non-union outfit or collecting an unemployment check. My father is 72. He was UAW for over 40 years.....
When he saw what was happening here he got mad at the company because he feels they are trying to break us.....but he also said in all of his wisdom that in these times you have to listen to what your leaders are telling you..unemployment is to high.....Back in the day you could rebel and stand. you could strike for a week or two and the company could survive...those days are gone. redstar---2 days and done...until the numbers increase for the union cause you don't have the legs you used to have so hold on as long as you can........this isn't the time to say no.....He is one of the most stubborn union guys you'd ever want to meet....but he is not stupid.

The superbowl team was down by 6 and inside the 10 of the other team. 3 seconds left.....Johnny Hotdog knew he could score for he was the best in the league. But the coach called another play to fake the defense out...another back was to run around the right end and follow all of his blockers for the whole team would be there blocking like never before.....But Johnny Hotdog stole the ball and ran around the left end because he just knew he could do it and be the hero.....But the whole defense was waiting at that other end and they dogpiled Johnny Hotdog and sent him back 5 yards......time was up......the superbowl was lost due to Johnny wanting to stand alone

The sad part is ...most of the team never ever got to play in a supebowl again.

C'mon chicago....don't stand alone...stand with the majority of your brothers..and follow your leaders advice. Vote yes so we can remain in the game.

vote NO Chicago it is just that much more money that the company is taking from you and the pension will lose YRC's contribution and your pension will suffer in the future and besides the bondholders deal is going to sink the ship anyway! VOTE NO!

C'mon chicago....don't stand alone...stand with the majority of your brothers..and follow your leaders advice. Vote yes so we can remain in the game.

Me thinks their mind was made up long ago..4th and 90..they're goin for it.

vote NO Chicago it is just that much more money that the company is taking from you and the pension will lose YRC's contribution and your pension will suffer in the future and besides the bondholders deal is going to sink the ship anyway! VOTE NO!
Actually the Co. isn't getting that 6-7 thousand you see missing from your checks. It's going straight to the banks. The banks are calling the shots and writing the checks

The superbowl team was down by 6 and inside the 10 of the other team. 3 seconds left.....Johnny Hotdog knew he could score for he was the best in the league. But the coach called another play to fake the defense out...another back was to run around the right end and follow all of his blockers for the whole team would be there blocking like never before.....But Johnny Hotdog stole the ball and ran around the left end because he just knew he could do it and be the hero.....But the whole defense was waiting at that other end and they dogpiled Johnny Hotdog and sent him back 5 yards......time was up......the superbowl was lost due to Johnny wanting to stand alone

The sad part is ...most of the team never ever got to play in a supebowl again.

Give it a break NPT. My GOD your begging. Disclaimer: &quot;This is not a example of a New Penn Teamster&quot;.. There is a Life after YRCW. Thank God I was never in a foxhole with you. You would be waving a white flag saying if we surrender at least we can fight another day. That would be 2 seconds before the enemy came up and blew our heads off. Fight now Chicago because there isnt ever going to be another day to fight

Give it a break NPT. My GOD your begging. Disclaimer: &quot;This is not a example of a New Penn Teamster&quot;.. There is a Life after YRCW. Thank God I was never in a foxhole with you. You would be waving a white flag saying if we surrender at least we can fight another day. That would be 2 seconds before the enemy came up and blew our heads off. Fight now Chicago because there isnt ever going to be another day to fight
And you can see the future? I know the guys have got guys just like you talking trash at them all day and night. I'm just throwing some trash from the other end.....If the general said don't, you would cause you always know better don't you? Not only would I be dead listening to you so to would the whole army....If we all listened to you a few weeks ago we'd have been on unemployment then. What kind of sick teamster puts tons of others out of work against the advice of the leaders who were elected by the majority? The kind that knows it all and stands alone. Unions aren't about standing alone. It's about sticking together...Not being so frigin' special. If the officials would have said no at all throughout this process I would have done it most probably for the majority probably would have been there to back it...but the majority is not here to back this nonsense.

I could see you in that foxhole jumping out with machine gun in hand screaming &quot;Don't listen to the leaders! I know better! Follow me!!!!
and then we all die.....like I said if New Penn listened to you before....New Penn would be no more.