XPO | Sub service moving LTL

I do believe that truckload only hauls drop shipments for UPS parcel, not UPS freight. That would be a bit of a conflict, especially since CFI used to haul a lot of Fedex Freight sub-service until they became truckload.

According to a statement from the union stewart in St Louis that I read in the UPS Freight forum, Con-Way Truckload hauls pulls subservice in there.

hitting new lows....today on a light freight day, our driver came back on 2 empties....AFTER he was forced to load the sub van to us.....eliminating empty miles baby!!!!!

Happens all the time around here. **** service has dedicated runs to satellite facilities 175-250 miles away. Those places have drivers sit at home a lot. I've been around awhile and SS is affecting me and others more and more for the last several years. My income and miles are steadily decreasing which is NOT how it is supposed to work. This place won't miss me and my feelings will be the same tenfold. I'm fighting a losing battle here and it's time for me to move on while I'm still young enough to do so and it won't be long hopefully. Good luck and safe travels.

I was on a customers dock that faces the highway and I see a Con-way Freight van (441-xxxx) being pulled by a subservice sleeper cab. I didn't recognize the company. We let subservice pull our equipment on a regular basis?

I was on a customers dock that faces the highway and I see a Con-way Freight van (441-xxxx) being pulled by a subservice sleeper cab. I didn't recognize the company. We let subservice pull our equipment on a regular basis?

Yep, we need them, remember we have a driver shortage. customer service!!!!!!

Happens all the time around here. **** service has dedicated runs to satellite facilities 175-250 miles away. Those places have drivers sit at home a lot. I've been around awhile and SS is affecting me and others more and more for the last several years. My income and miles are steadily decreasing which is NOT how it is supposed to work. This place won't miss me and my feelings will be the same tenfold. I'm fighting a losing battle here and it's time for me to move on while I'm still young enough to do so and it won't be long hopefully. Good luck and safe travels.

do the math! 55 plus cents per mile or 22? who would you have move the frieght?

do the math! 55 plus cents per mile or 22? who would you have move the frieght?
It would be interesting to know how much they do pay per mile, on average. Those drivers may not be making much, but they're paying that truck whatever the going rate is. Still a benefit for them not to have to use equipment and such.

It would be interesting to know how much they do pay per mile, on average. Those drivers may not be making much, but they're paying that truck whatever the going rate is. Still a benefit for them not to have to use equipment and such.

Most purchase carriers charge around $1.00 per mile. We cost almost that much just in wages and fuel. Then they gotta pay our benefits and maintain the equipment.

About as much chance as a snowball in hell unless you're lucky enough to be at the top of the board.

Which I'm not, and won't be for a LONG LONG LONG LONG time, at least out of my barn anyway. Too much 15 year seniority, no one is going anywhere for a while.

Me either. Been here over 15 and I'll never see the runs our top guys have even if I stick around another 20.