Yellow | Teamsters Endorse Hillary Clinton for President

At least Trump is for FAIR TRADE.....Hillary is for TPP.....more jobs getting sent overseas. I wouldn't worry about "right to work" laws.....I would worry first about keeping our jobs in the country. We just lost Carrier in Indiana to Mexico..... $3/hr labor is what they are getting down at the Mexico Carrier plant. Also.....Indiana is a right to work state....Union or no union....those jobs were leaving. Better wake up people!

cyNZgsK.jpg

At least Trump is for FAIR TRADE.....Hillary is for TPP.....more jobs getting sent overseas. I wouldn't worry about "right to work" laws.....I would worry first about keeping our jobs in the country. We just lost Carrier in Indiana to Mexico..... $3/hr labor is what they are getting down at the Mexico Carrier plant. Also.....Indiana is a right to work state....Union or no union....those jobs were leaving. Better wake up people!

AFL-CIO President Richard L. Trumka on Monday accused Donald Trump of peddling deceit on trade issues, calling the presumptive Republican presidential nominee the “king” of outsourcing labor abroad for his personal business.

“Look at what he does, not what he says,” Trumka said in an interview in his office overlooking the White House. “He could have an effect on trade by bringing all the products he makes overseas back home and have Americans produce them. But he doesn’t do that. Like every other person out there, he takes advantage of a bad system that hurts workers and helps people at the top. He’s the king of doing that.”

Trumka’s remarks make clear that the nation’s largest collection of labor unions, with 12.7 million members, plans to actively campaign against Trump despite the candidate’s fierce public opposition to free-trade pacts, which largely echoes the AFL-CIO’s position. Trump has vowed to back out of the 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade accord negotiated by the Obama administration.

On Tuesday, the AFL-CIO will hold its first-ever trade conference in Washington featuring a video message from Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz and a keynote address from Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), who both oppose the TPP. Stiglitz called it the“worst trade deal ever.”

Trump has “successfully tapped into the anger and frustration that’s out there,” Trumka said. “But he will not make it better; he’ll make it worse. He won’t solve the problem; he really is the problem.”

Lets not forget how Ronald Reagan stuck it to the Union employees, Regan let the scabs take the Air Traffic Controllers jobs without even a thought. It was Bill Clinton who righted that ship. Trump would do the same thing as Reagan to any union man today.
Good point!

I won't voteDemocratic they havnt done a dam thing for the union, there pro illegals, in the 70s best Union job was meat packing they made good money 55 k roughly, there's no u ion meat packing plants,and they pay 8_10 dollars,hardly any Union ,dairy,painters,roofers,drywall,etc becuase of cheap illegal workers.and that's going to happen in trucking , it's already in off companies,rail drivers......ltl will be next

Good point!
IMHO, this was a turning point in Union power in general. Had ALL unions chose to support the Air Traffic Controllers with a national work slowdown at a minimum, better yet a work stoppage in protest, an entirely different outcome may have occurred. Our failure to support ATC set the stage for our own demise.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us!"

Being 'Union' means supporting our brethren throughout, regardless of industry.

At this, we have failed.

Carrier is saving on wages but the additional savings is not having to pay into a pension fund, unless the Mexican workers have a union and I doubt that they do. Figure 1,000 workers x at least $1,000 per month contribution and that saves a million per month.

The Union leadership can try to tell the membership how to vote all they want....me and many of my UNION friends are voting Trump.....is he perfect? No....Sometimes an idiot? Yes......an ideal candidate? No.....better than Hillary? Absolutely! Most P and D drivers have seen all the plants/factories get closed over the years and turned into warehouse minimum wage jobs.....I voted dem. the past 20 years....not this time.

Carrier is saving on wages but the additional savings is not having to pay into a pension fund, unless the Mexican workers have a union and I doubt that they do. Figure 1,000 workers x at least $1,000 per month contribution and that saves a million per month.
https://www.tecma.com/labor-unions-in-mexico/
Approximately 90% of Mexican production workers in industrial enterprises that employ at least twenty-five employees are unionized

Granted mexican unions are quite different but they are there.

The middle class of America was built on the backs of Organized Labor along and with the help of Democratic Politicians. A National Right To Work Law would only increase the deterioration of our Unions. How sad that our own Union Members would choose to contribute to the disintegration of our Unions by supporting a Blowhard Republican Prop like Donald Trump.

Last edited:
Two things that had a major impact on unions and the trucking industry were signed into law by DEMOCRATS‼️

Increasing public interest in deregulation led to a series of federal laws beginning in 1976 with the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act. The deregulation of the trucking industry began with the Motor Carrier Act of 1980, which was signed into law by President Carter on July 1, 1980.

The House of Representatives approved NAFTA, by a vote of 234 to 200 on November 17, 1993, and the Senate voted 60 to 38 for approval on November 20. It was signed into law by President Clinton on December 8, 1993, and took effect on January 1, 1994.

The middle class of America was built on the backs of Organized Labor along and with the help of Democratic Politicians. A National Right To Work Law would only increase the deterioration of our Unions. How sad that our own Union Members would choose to contribute to the disintegration of our Unions by supporting a Blowhard Republican Prop like Donald Trump.
If the union is doing their job they should have no problem selling their product, right to work or not. When unions get lazy is when they have troubles and try to force their goods to people who are not biting. Get people good contracts and The union sells itself no matter who's in office.

The opinion of an outsider here, but from what I've seen the Democrats haven't done a whole lot for labor lately. And I can't say that supporting open borders, amnesty and illegal immigration is in any way supporting the American workers.

That being said, it's up to you guys who you support. Right to work is, to my knowledge, optional. Illegal immigrants currently aren't. To say nothing of what a criminal Hillary Clinton is.

The opinion of an outsider here, but from what I've seen the Democrats haven't done a whole lot for labor lately. And I can't say that supporting open borders, amnesty and illegal immigration is in any way supporting the American workers.

That being said, it's up to you guys who you support. Right to work is, to my knowledge, optional. Illegal immigrants currently aren't. To say nothing of what a criminal Hillary Clinton is.

I'm thinking a wall along the 49th parallel might be Trump's next focus.

Over the last few days Donald Trump has been endorsed for president by David Duke, the /••\, and Isis with Isis going as far as to say he would be good for their recruiting.

I think the media said he did. I've heard Donald Trump say he loves just about every man, woman and child of every race and religion but I've yet to hear him say he loves the Union men and women.