TForce | Teamsters or APWA (All Threads Merged)

APWA has been invited to: UPSF Employees Only

There has been a request from UPSF employees for both APWA and Teamsters local776 to have a open face forum
------------------------------------------
Teamsters have chosen to have the
Meeting place at the Holiday Inn (Wanda's) in MECHANICSBURG PA
The APWA can pick the day and time, Teamsters will pay for meeting hall.
No need for guards or law enforcement all are welcomed.
Topic will be a open forum, audience will be asking question to each the APWA and TEAMSTERS:

Animo916 said:
Tell me Accel,

did you get all tingly below the belt line?

No they don't come with a twist of lime!!
Real men don't add fruit to their beer!!

Yes and I had the feeling to put stirrups on, eat oats,and put on a saddle.......:shock: And yes I i guess the lime thing is a bit much..... Maybe salt... Do they come with GPS, send them up north.....

LOCAL776 said:
There has been a request from UPSF employees for both APWA and Teamsters local776 to have a open face forum
Topic will be a open forum, audience will be asking question to each the APWA and TEAMSTERS:

Too be quite frank I think for most of us whom cannot be there,,,, there should infact be a mpeg to download for us too see... Regardless of length....

So according to the business slogon of UPS.
Its:
(One Company One Vision)

But with union representation it will be:
UPS parcel Teamsters,UPS Heavy freight APWA?
How will this work?
I guess at this point non-union is out of the picture?

apwa doesnt exist how can you put your pension at risk for someone to run with call the guy on his cell phone ask him where he is ready to draw his pension from teamsters

Maybe it cost to much to remove these letters from all of their Teamster stuff,hugnlug.
Case in point look what UPS is doing to rebrand Overnite/Motor Cargo.

The paint,and labor to repaint,and change all the paper work must be costing a small fortune.
UPS can't afford to give us a raise for the coming year.

A yearly raise has been a tradition as long as I've been a Overnite driver.
I started in 1986.
Enough of my belly acking,back to your subject hugnlug.
It cost a lot of money to change everything when your dealling with such a large organization.
Maybe if they raised their members dues payments they could afford to get everything in order?

Hey heres a thought.
When do these two guys that run the APWA have time to work at UPS as well as operate their union?

LOCAL776 said:
This should be televised for us all to see. This should be quite the show!!

Apostolic said:
I was chatting with a regular Parcel driver today,on my route.
I asked him about the APWA.
He looked at me like I just stepped of a flying saucer.
He had a blank look on his face.
so I asked him again.
We said he never heard of it.
The only union he knows of involving UPS is the Teamsters.
So does any one of you other posters know if any parcel drivers know anything about this other union organization?
And this is the same anwser I get when I ask every UPS driver I come across. I suggest all UPSF drivers ask any UPS driver you come across about the APWA and you will see how strong and well known the APWA is!

Traveler said:
Whether or not you think the APWA will do a better job for you or not it has been proven time and time again that two different Unions in the same CO. Is not conducive for the employees. One of the basic proncipals of unions is to stand together. Two different unions in one Co. makes it hard to achive this. If you are smart you will GO TEAMSTER!!!
And the facts are about to be shown. Now with two unions involved the process will slow down and it will take much longer to get that strong contract. This could also possibly put a hold on all or any future pay increase or benefits for a long time to come. UPS makes out and saves millions while this is dragged out.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, since returning to work, I haven't had a much time to devote to the boards. Anyway, here is my take on this whole subject....short and sweet!!!

There are 2 factions competing to win your representation. One of them is a 100 year old organization with a traceable track record. Whether good or bad, everything that has ever happened within the Teamsters is available as public records.

The other is a new kid on the block. Never negotiated a contract. Represents no one. Has Anti-union lawyers. Is run by people that refused to pay their dues to the Teamsters, yet they want YOU to pay THEM to represent you.

Guys, you don't have to be rocket scientists to figure this one out.

hugnlug said:
If the IBT isn't part of the AFL-CIO anymore, how come it is on the insignia?

The reason is because we used to be part of the AFL-CIO.
Below is a picture of my newest T-shirt. You will notice no AFL-CIO on this insignia any more.
DSC00125.jpg

Animo916 said:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, since returning to work, I haven't had a much time to devote to the boards. Anyway, here is my take on this whole subject....short and sweet!!!

There are 2 factions competing to win your representation. One of them is a 100 year old organization with a traceable track record. Whether good or bad, everything that has ever happened within the Teamsters is available as public records.

The other is a new kid on the block. Never negotiated a contract. Represents no one. Has Anti-union lawyers. Is run by people that refused to pay their dues to the Teamsters, yet they want YOU to pay THEM to represent you.

Guys, you don't have to be rocket scientists to figure this one out.
Excellent post Animo!!!!!!!

Yup your right your new shirt is a Teamster union only.
I also notice Overnite is slowly going away with all of our delivery recepts,now today I see all of our new work control cards that we punch time in at the beginning of any deliveries we go out with,than time punch in on our return to the terminal.
No more Overnite.
These items now have UPS Freight printed on them.

Well actualy the bottom line is actions speak louder than words.
In the case of organizing UPS Freight with any union.
We have seen about everything we will ever know about the APWA on these truckingboards.
So far these are words without action.
The action we are seeing with the Teamsters union is open barganing with Teamster rep's.,and UPS.
So here you are.
(Words) on a message board.
Negociating an actual contract at the barganing table.
(ACTION)

APWA speculations,or real live people that are presently in union contract talks?

You be the judge,may the best union win!!!