TForce | Teamsters or APWA (All Threads Merged)

skull said:
I don't think UPS wants to drag this out with two unions and have labor problens.
If it is the company's intention not to give any pay increase or perks until these negoiations and or contracts are binding, Then who saves millions of dollars. The longer it is dragged out, the more the company saves.

LOCAL776 said:
There has been a request from UPSF employees for both APWA and Teamsters local776 to have a open face forum
------------------------------------------
Teamsters have chosen to have the
Meeting place at the Holiday Inn (Wanda's) in MECHANICSBURG PA
The APWA can pick the day and time, Teamsters will pay for meeting hall.
No need for guards or law enforcement all are welcomed.
Topic will be a open forum, audience will be asking question to each the APWA and TEAMSTERS:
I think this would be great! If the teamsters could keep it civil! Which could be tough looking at their past reputation. I think this is what keeps most against the teamsters! Maybe they've changed from past actions!

bulldog425 said:
I think this would be great! If the teamsters could keep it civil! Which could be tough looking at their past reputation. I think this is what keeps most against the teamsters! Maybe they've changed from past actions!

So you must be the type of guy who forms an opiton from reputatuions and not actions.

Automatically you have the Teamsters as raising hell, persoanlly I don't even see why the Teamstres are wasting their time debating with APWA. It's like debating the difference between Prime Rib and Baloney.

Sure Prime Rib has some fat on it but Baloney is what it is. Cheap.

Remember you get what you pay for.

Choosing the APWA is riskier than a trip to Vegas.................you're gonna lose your money and if you're not protected you could get aids.

Remember the house always wins

Guarnanteed the APWA doesn't except the invitation
T251

BusterNite said:
If it is the company's intention not to give any pay increase or perks until these negoiations and or contracts are binding, Then who saves millions of dollars. The longer it is dragged out, the more the company saves.

Vey good point BusterNite, its he same point I've been trying to make about APWA and the Teamsters.

If the Treamster were ever decertified (highly doubtful) at UPS and the APWA was elected to represent, then UPS could hold off negioations for months even years with no raises and no pension or health and welfare contributions.

Think about it, UPS could challenge any labor decision like FedEx is doing with the elections at terminals in Massachusetts.
Elections have been held and ballots seized becuase FedEx is apealling and vote results even before they are annouced.

Don't think for one minute that is APWA is choosen that status quo will continue from one union to the other (union is not the approirate word for APWA)

nospinzone said:
Like Steve so aptly reminded us, this is a web board. I doubt Hoffa or Keegel or Hall is watching these boards, and I doubt any APWA official is either. If you feel a debate of sorts is needed to make up your mind, first.....get a large contingency of coworkers who feel the same. Second, take your request to the leadership of the two parties. I cant do all the work for you, Local.

Yellow freight employee has agenda that is not in the best interest of the UPS employee. Yellow Freight employee talks up the need for "brotherhood", tells people that if they support another union they will only split up IBT and weaken it. UPS employee feels obligated to stand with the "brothers and sisters" so as to avoid being lableed a sc** or disloyal while failing to objectively evaluate the situation in light of what is best for himself, his family, and his UPS coworkers. Yellow Freight employee has successfully altered one vote in the UPS labor/union process.

No spin here. Let's take a look at this. If this IBT contract that is being created as we speak is actually white paper and is also a combo of NMFA, and small package, this put's us in a whole different catagory doesnt it?

So how do we feel there is a agenda here? we could walk out of this with a SEPF monitored by the IBT, and benifit greatly, Besides, Hoffa did say this is going to be the contract that could break the teamster's back.

If a good contract cannot be negotiated, then how will they get other freight co's to join? They will have to make this contract somewhat attractive.... The IBT is in a lull, but it does'nt mean they will be there for ever.

Apostolic said:
Hey heres a thought.
When do these two guys that run the APWA have time to work at UPS as well as operate their union?

There is nothing like a crapshoot.Cow pattie toss. Shooting from the hip. need I say more.....

Teamster251 said:
So you must be the type of guy who forms an opiton from reputatuions and not actions.

Automatically you have the Teamsters as raising hell, persoanlly I don't even see why the Teamstres are wasting their time debating with APWA. It's like debating the difference between Prime Rib and Baloney.

Sure Prime Rib has some fat on it but Baloney is what it is. Cheap.

Remember you get what you pay for.

Choosing the APWA is riskier than a trip to Vegas.................you're gonna lose your money and if you're not protected you could get aids.

Remember the house always wins

Guarnanteed the APWA doesn't except the invitation
T251

Aids from the APWA . Good slogan, better than "one vision, one company".:nutkick: LOLOL These boards is too much....

Roadrunner73 said:
I read APWA responses in other threads, so I know they are around. Why, when asked to debate, are they totally silent?
Its hard for them to debate anything because they have NEVER represented anyone. They have NO facts that they can back up with experiance. They have not yet been able to help anyone with any issue.

BusterNite said:
Its hard for them to debate anything because they have NEVER represented anyone. They have NO facts that they can back up with experiance. They have not yet been able to help anyone with any issue.

Yeah I understand all of that. But it seems many do not.

BusterNite said:
I heard that the guy that did the last informational meeting in Harrisburg couldn't even rebut a driver who stood up and questioned what he was saying.....how does anyone expect them to have a debate with the Teamsters?
I guess that is the point....they will be shown to be fools...and is the reason the APWA will never agree to come to a debate.

I guess he kept stating how bad central states pension was, and a driver said "central states has nothing to do with us,because we are in PA and wouldn't fall under central states.....the guy kept saying that the health and welfare is being negotiated under central states....to which the driver said "yes,they are negotiating under central states because that is where Indy is....but we will fall into the the PA local"...to which the guy got mad and said "lets move on"

Point is, He didn't know what he was talking about and I doubt they will want to look foolish debating a teamster rep.

To which I say:
If you are voting for APWA to take away from the 50% + 1 so the teamsters don't get in...thats your choice...and not a bad one,if thats your goal, provided they dont actually win.

But if you are voting for the APWA for representation...your nuts:duh:

If you guys want a debate then call Danny or Van and ask for one. Send them an email. Have your local type up an official request to have a debate on their letterhead and send it to the APWA's address. That would be the professional way to go about it. But a webboard is not the place to issue an invitation for a debate. Hoffa doesn't go to web boards and neither does Van or Danny.

Let me repeat this again since you guys don't catch stuff the first time around..... Call/email/mail the APWA to express your interest to have a debate between the APWA and IBT.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I heard that the guy that did the last informational meeting in Harrisburg couldn't even rebut a driver who stood up and questioned what he was saying.....how does anyone expect them to have a debate with the Teamsters?
I guess that is the point....they will be shown to be fools...and is the reason the APWA will never agree to come to a debate.

I guess he kept stating how bad central states pension was, and a driver said "central states has nothing to do with us,because we are in PA and wouldn't fall under central states.....the guy kept saying that the health and welfare is being negotiated under central states....to which the driver said "yes,they are negotiating under central states because that is where Indy is....but we will fall into the the PA local"...to which the guy got mad and said "lets move on"

Point is, He didn't know what he was talking about and I doubt they will want to look foolish debating a teamster rep.

To which I say:
If you are voting for APWA to take away from the 50% + 1 so the teamsters don't get in...thats your choice...and not a bad one,if thats your goal, provided they dont actually win.

But if you are voting for the APWA for representation...your nuts:duh:
glad you were there, at the meeting. How did skillman come across when asked about the why it took 15 years for your pension to collect cash value........PEEVED was he.

LOCAL776 said:
glad you were there, at the meeting. How did skillman come across when asked about the why it took 15 years for your pension to collect cash value........PEEVED was he.
No, I wasn't there...I just heard about it.
I heard he was getting pretty upset.

yeah,that too....I heard he tried to say that if we went teamster and our pension was frozen it would mean we couldn't touch it......and he said the APWA was going to ask UPS for our pension money to fund their pension. What a joke these people are.:hysterical:

yeah,that too....I heard he tried to say that if we went teamster and our pension was frozen it would mean we couldn't touch it......and he said the APWA was going to ask UPS for our pension money to fund their pension. What a joke these people are.:hysterical:

You mean these people wanna do exactly what they are screaming about the Teamsters doing? Which, by the way, the Teamsters are not attempting to do. But why let the truth stand in the way of APWA goals?

r

hey are trying to scare the new guys it joinig their union. Its like the membership fee if you get the early bird special its 150 after they become your union its 250 i guess at the next meet it will be 300.

After doing a little research on APWA I don't even think they will even be in the running. I mean come on it just a couple of UPS drivers like working our of their garage.

I'm not saying the idea is bad but it's not for UPSF at this time. I say let them win the UPS folks and UPSF folks might take a look.

If UPS is not going for it then we need to check into why not...

Why are these guys starting a union with no money? I think these apwa guys have no interest in helping anyone out but themselves. If I where upset with the Teamsters and wanted out or to start my own union to show them up. I would not ask anyone to join me if I had no money. These apwa guys tried to organize the Louisville hub in June,which is the largest, 16,000 employees. They got nowhere. I don't even think they have the money to pay there attorneys williams-mullen.