TForce | Tell me WHY

The NMFA is a relic of the past. It may have been good before deregulation, but now it is not, any person who ever thinks UPS would go under the NMFA is insane. It will never happen. I repeat it will never happen. If you are holding out for NMFA you will die waiting. There is no chance it will ever happen.

You know I'm sorry to say but I believe you are right.:hide:

The NMFA is a relic of the past. It may have been good before deregulation, but now it is not, any person who ever thinks UPS would go under the NMFA is insane. It will never happen. I repeat it will never happen. If you are holding out for NMFA you will die waiting. There is no chance it will ever happen.

Well I agree, as far as 1 terminal in negotiations, it wont happen, you are right.

I do think Ken and James threw us under the small bus though, I think if all terminals were to be union it would be a different story, after all, not too long ago UPS wanted to take away from small package, and look what happened.

It's all in the attack, that is the key, and the end date is a vehicle for people to use in negotiations, as a last resort of coarse, but an effective one. Particularly if you endevor to be the best.

No one want's to use it, but sometimes one must do what they must do, too wake up the sleeoing negotiator.

Looks like UPS runs the Teamster LtL Industry. We will only get what UPS wants us to have. Period!!

Thier is truth too your statement, The Teamsters have too show the trucking industry they still power the market, I am sorry to say this but the Teamsters have too sell themselves.

This is the only way they will get themselves back into the trucking industry, with deregulation being the saving grace for companies after deregulation, the Teamsters will have too sell themselves to get it back in, they have been living in a state of euphoria for too long, now they have too wake up to gain the control again.

Well I agree, as far as 1 terminal in negotiations, it wont happen, you are right.

I do think Ken and James threw us under the small bus though, I think if all terminals were to be union it would be a different story, after all, not too long ago UPS wanted to take away from small package, and look what happened.

It's all in the attack, that is the key, and the end date is a vehicle for people to use in negotiations, as a last resort of coarse, but an effective one. Particularly if you endevor to be the best.

No one want's to use it, but sometimes one must do what they must do, too wake up the sleeoing negotiator.

I believe the end game will be in 2013. That is when we will have a great deal of members and the contract will expire the same time as parcel. As I told my local Pres. the INDY contract isn't NMFA, but it is better than what we have now, which is nothing. I could live with it for 5 years. The devil is in the details, read the contract and understand it. That is the key. It does have some good articles in it for us, it's not NMFA but it is a start. "This is not the end, nor is it the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning." Get a contract and work from there.:1036316054:

I believe the end game will be in 2013. That is when we will have a great deal of members and the contract will expire the same time as parcel. As I told my local Pres. the INDY contract isn't NMFA, but it is better than what we have now, which is nothing. I could live with it for 5 years. The devil is in the details, read the contract and understand it. That is the key. It does have some good articles in it for us, it's not NMFA but it is a start. "This is not the end, nor is it the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning." Get a contract and work from there.:1036316054:

In 5 years I will be ring side, But I have 2 major issues that I will take now.
1) SENIORITY
2) HEALTH CARE COSTS

I agree with the possibility that the strategy could be as you say and it in some ways makes sense. It would indeed be difficult to pressure UPSF with only one barn organized. What concerns me is the amount of regress the industry will suffer in achieving the goal, and the difficulty that will be encountered trying to gain back what was lost. As far as the Yellow? I believe the Yellow acquisitions were masterminded by DHL and it won't be long before we hear that DHL has acquired YRCW. I appreciate the thoughtful post. Happy Holidays

If the right moves are made, and more LTL companies become Teamsters, they ( The Teamsters) could have control of the LTL Market again and controll the bennies and wages in the Industry again.

Unfortunatly this will take TIME, and a strategy, particularly when companies endevor too low ball the union on a regular basis.

I for one hope DHL does buy YRC, they are a big company and thier demise would put alot of hard working people out of work, and being union or non union at that point does not matter. And will give UPS controll of the LTL market.

Something the Teamsters does'nt need.

I really and truely think, this whole industry change in the US LTL market is a golfcart conspiracy, in respect too the teamsters, but in relation too a changing LTL industry, and total flexibility ,and the Teamsters will have too literally sell themselves to get control.

Needless to say they did not do this with our contract, and I do not think I can emphisize this enough. It will take some time.

I agree. The devil is in the details, to understand and apply is the key, ignorence is bliss.

In 5 years I will be ring side, But I have 2 major issues that I will take now.
1) SENIORITY
2) HEALTH CARE COSTS

I think for the most part those involved in negotiations currently have a problem and want too address those two issues, as well as another discretionary day, we already have 3, and one personal day, why not make it a week.

I fail to see the the tremendous overhead statement implied in asking for 1 day more. Or the distruction in profitability.

I do not know why anyone cares about what happened a Indy, except that they secured a contract. Unless you work there, it is only a model. My local President said he does not like some of the Indy contract and we will work together with him and the employees to figure out what is best for us. Everyone who wants to be involved will have a chance. If you sit on the sidelines then you have no right to complain. There will never be a contract that everyone is happy with, this first one is the starting point. 2013 will be the one when we will have more leverage, being that it will expire with the NMA of parcel. The future looks bright to me, I am 100% for the union. If you want nothing to change? Then do nothing. :1036316054:

Who telling you that UPS and UPSF contract expires the same year it will benefit both of us. I got news for you UPS is a complete separate contract. If UPS gives them what they want and shaft us again they aren't going out with us. If you believe they will I have a bridge to sell you.:biglaugh:

Who telling you that UPS and UPSF contract expires the same year it will benefit both of us. I got news for you UPS is a complete separate contract. If UPS gives them what they want and shaft us again they aren't going out with us. If you believe they will I have a bridge to sell you.:biglaugh:

You need to wake up and see that that is a huge. 2013 is the future for us. The card check agreement is tied to the parcel contract not the INDY contract, so the bridge you have to sell should be sold to yourself. 'Pass the dutchie to the left hand side dude.'

You need to wake up and see that that is a huge. 2013 is the future for us. The card check agreement is tied to the parcel contract not the INDY contract, so the bridge you have to sell should be sold to yourself. 'Pass the dutchie to the left hand side dude.'

Oh I see that means that they will walk out with us because after all we are all brothers.
Thanks for explaining that to me I feel much better now.:biglaugh: