Yellow | The IBT & YRCW MOU On New Pilot Programs November 2018

some Coop trucks will run- mostly Owner Ops. The average Coop truck couldn't average 61 over 600 miles if the Mafia was chasing them with Tommyguns blazing.
IwJrXdH.jpg

I’m hoping, as history has shown, that the pendulum swings equally.
The Fisher Body Company built wagons when cars became popular. They saw the trend and changed their format. Once Pensions go the way of dinosaurs, I can't see the IBT staying with NMFA Freight. Its only YRC and ABF now.... Why would newbies come in with no pension?

The Fisher Body Company built wagons when cars became popular. They saw the trend and changed their format. Once Pensions go the way of dinosaurs, I can't see the IBT staying with NMFA Freight. Its only YRC and ABF now.... Why would newbies come in with no pension?

Without negotiated contracts, will a reasonable standard be set? Market conditions are positive now. FedEx Freight provided raises in response to a need to keep drivers, but in return, raised healthcare costs. Pensions will most likely disappear, but the need for maintaining certain levels exists. In the next downturn, treatment of professional drivers will revert to 2010 standards if left unchecked by the lack of bargaining unit influence.

the Teamsters may or may not survive, but I can't see them in Freight within the next 15 years...
There are many factors that indicate this. And one that is prominent in it's toxic effect on organizing is Federal Labor Laws. There has been a steady weakening of the protections given to people trying to organize. Since Reagan, and almost EVERY Administration since has pushed the NLRB to increasingly harsh treatment of unions.

There are many factors that indicate this. And one that is prominent in it's toxic effect on organizing is Federal Labor Laws. There has been a steady weakening of the protections given to people trying to organize. Since Reagan, and almost EVERY Administration since has pushed the NLRB to increasingly harsh treatment of unions.
is it harsher treatment of organizers, or more recognizing of individual's rights because, thru the internet there are more voices being heard/ people have more availability of info???

People joined unions for wages and benes. Nons now pay as much, and the pensions are failing. There's less reasons to join daily..

is it harsher treatment of organizers, or more recognizing of individual's rights because, thru the internet there are more voices being heard/ people have more availability of info???

People joined unions for wages and benes. Nons now pay as much, and the pensions are failing. There's less reasons to join daily..
It's a "chicken egg" conundrum. :1036316054:

I anticipate the free market ruling the compensation of professional drivers leading to further decline.

Presently, drivers are in demand. That pendulum, too, will swing.

It’s economics.
its called automation. Autonomous trucks will kill wages, but not for a few years. Make it now, while we can!!!!

its called automation. Autonomous trucks will kill wages, but not for a few years. Make it now, while we can!!!!
I agree autonomous is the future, but local delivery and pickup will be longer in development.

Won’t the ‘controllers’ need representation, too?

At least as stressful as air traffic controllers.

I agree autonomous is the future, but local delivery and pickup will be longer in development.

Won’t the ‘controllers’ need representation, too?

At least as stressful as air traffic controllers.
I am thinking the “industry analysts,and consultants”, will come up with a scheme,like, you could make up to,this much,with benefits available,and still have time off, if you remotely control,X amount of autonomous units traveling together, non stop from Chicago to So Cal......