XPO | $$$$ To retain 3year and under drivers

Go to conway in Dallas. Its an FAC. And they are paying a 2500 bonus if you stay for what I believe is a year. Its not that bad. Dontlisten to all the ax grinders on here. I'm really serious. Look on career builder. Its on there.

To even offer a bonus to stay employed at Conway is a da&$ Swift tactic. Why do we even have to? If this company is half of what you and some others think it is, drivers would just about be paying a bonus to work here. But obviously there is a driver hiring/retention problem of some sort. No one seems to want to address that. Good people flock to good jobs. Good employees don't look elsewhere.

You are correct....As I read through this forum I can't help but think Conway is damn near as bad as Central Transport. I worked at first for Chris Truck Line (a Dugan company) then later it was bought by Vitran and then we were bought by the ultimate bottom feeders Central Transport....I lasted one month and told them to stick it....I wasted almost 20 years of my life because Vitran sold out. Now Conway in Garland Texas is hiring but after reading your forum I'm running like hell. I got my foot in the front door at Saia and FedEx so I'm leaning in that direction. Although I'm under no illusion that BS exist everywhere especially starting at the bottom but there appears to be more of it going on at Conway. Drivers I appreciate the heads up.

Con-way=@!@##.")(&$%...... NO, sorry.. #$@)(!@#,(&%$##^&&, and don't forget about the (!%%%@!^.

That'd mean you would have to work side by side with teamsters.

I have no problem with teamsters. I was one once and I hope to be one again. Not a YRC-ABF teamster type, I hope to be a Buster Brown type teamster. Brown socks are awesome.

There's a REASON that they are offering all these bonuses all of a sudden, and it's NOT because they are sweethearts and want to shower you with presents.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

To even offer a bonus to stay employed at Conway is a da&$ Swift tactic. Why do we even have to? If this company is half of what you and some others think it is, drivers would just about be paying a bonus to work here. But obviously there is a driver hiring/retention problem of some sort. No one seems to want to address that. Good people flock to good jobs. Good employees don't look elsewhere.
I was just passing along the information. But thanks for the comments anyways. Add a pic of your fat girlfriend next time, like Rollin does, to spice things up.

I was just passing along the information. But thanks for the comments anyways. Add a pic of your fat girlfriend next time, like Rollin does, to spice things up.

Find the girl of your dreams at miss Cleo' s cat house , rolling has proof of his prize winning young Heifer !

I have no problem with teamsters. I was one once and I hope to be one again. Not a YRC-ABF teamster type, I hope to be a Buster Brown type teamster. Brown socks are awesome.

No reason to jump ship. Nothing wrong with being a conway teamster. Just takes some effort. That's nothin for a veteran

You claim to have been a teamster, but in fact you were a pkg boy, and a wanna be truckdriver.

Not a wannabe any more.

Paid my dues. Not a figure of speech or an expression. I literally paid my dues and filled out my withdraw card.

What does a 30 year S K A B know about that ?

You must've missed your true calling in life as a politician or an ambulance chasing attorney, as you are good at distancing yourself from the true issues. Sarcasm usually comes into play when you have nothing left or anywhere else to go, so that lame rebuttal is well understood.

No reason to jump ship. Nothing wrong with being a conway teamster. Just takes some effort. That's nothin for a veteran

I thought it might happen back in 2009-2010 but of course it did not. I am all for it, problem is, lots of drivers are not. They let there conservative political views get in the way of having a place at the bargaining table when it comes time for raises and benefits to be handed out.I do not know what it is going to take to get drivers to wake up and realize that alone we are powerless but together we are powerful.

I thought it might happen back in 2009-2010 but of course it did not. I am all for it, problem is, lots of drivers are not. They let there conservative political views get in the way of having a place at the bargaining table when it comes time for raises and benefits to be handed out.I do not know what it is going to take to get drivers to wake up and realize that alone we are powerless but together we are powerful.

I don't believe it's about politics. It's about the post boomers, believing if they should have it they will be given it. They haven't been raised to realize, sometimes you have to fight for what's right.

You must've missed your true calling in life as a politician or an ambulance chasing attorney, as you are good at distancing yourself from the true issues. Sarcasm usually comes into play when you have nothing left or anywhere else to go, so that lame rebuttal is well understood.

ok...............

I don't believe it's about politics. It's about the post boomers, believing if they should have it they will be given it. They haven't been raised to realize, sometimes you have to fight for what's right.

If we all called in sick for a couple of days, and I mean all of us, we could get a place at the table. Back when the Union talk was going strong, I was talking to drivers in my barn about my thoughts on organizing and most were opposed to them. Not opposed to higher wages and better benefits, opposed to Unions because Rush and Hannity do not like them.

If we all called in sick for a couple of days, and I mean all of us, we could get a place at the table. Back when the Union talk was going strong, I was talking to drivers in my barn about my thoughts on organizing and most were opposed to them. Not opposed to higher wages and better benefits, opposed to Unions because Rush and Hannity do not like them.

Rush, Hannity and upper management all have contracts, but they are opposed to unions. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in that?

I oppose them because they are broken. They need to reorganize organizing. The unions are a total mess. Disjointed. Disillusioned. Just a disaster.

Rush, Hannity and upper management all have contracts, but they are opposed to unions. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in that?
The people you speak of are not on the payroll as employees, you are trying to make an apples to oranges comparison. I see hypocrisy this way. If a man is unwilling to let let outsiders into his house to give up a portion of control to them, then he should not want to get into the house of another and force that entity into giving up a portion of control either.