Yellow | too all who voted NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you but I take PRIDE in everything I do.... I would never accept a job and give less than my full ability. It's called character. If you choose not to invest in your company, who do you think it hurts?

You're using another word foreign to many here - "think".

So ~ 2. Someone who uses this vote to justify his low work ethic ~ is your answer?

There is not ONE yes voter that agreed to BE less... they agreed to ACCEPT less compensation...

Keep the facts straight... :)
And you have facts from every yes voter to back that up? I guess you really don't know all the facts do you?

I don't know about you but I take PRIDE in everything I do.... I would never accept a job and give less than my full ability. It's called character. If you choose not to invest in your company, who do you think it hurts?
that's your choice to grab your ankles every time they cry wolf with your dime.

And you have facts from every yes voter to back that up? I guess you really don't know all the facts do you?

You are correct, I shouldn't have said there isn't ONE.. because there could be one or two who have agreed to be less.... (sad isn't it)

You win...

I'm going to go to sleep now... your unhappiness has worn me out....

HOPE you have a nice night... week... year etc... :)

Ladies and gentlemen:
Many of us voted NOT in accordance with our beliefs, but in accordance with our gut instincts and concern for ALL of us, not just ourselves. I am one of those. I'm "over the bridge"; I can retire today if I want to. I had to think about the well-being of my brethren who have many years in, but not quite enough to be "over the bridge." granted, the crest of that hypothetical bridge varies depending on which pension plan you're in.
So...this is done. Even though I frequently disagree with James Hoffa and Tyson Johnson, I have to give them credit for the press release that accompanied the vote result. In that press release, they stated quite bluntly that we "are going to hold this company's feet to the fire, and demand that they manage the company's finances responsibly." That, dear brethren, is exactly what we need to do. The Overland Park management has demonstrated that they are seriously challenged to make good decisions for the benefit of our company, its employees and its customers. That is where we must step up. We must demand accountability, we must demand correct decisions (that's what they're primarily getting paid for), we must demand follow-through on our input for process improvement, we must demand RESULTS from our sales force, we must demand timely dispatches (particularly in linehaul), we must demand that things be done right!
In the same vein, we have to do our jobs and we have to demand that our brethren who aren't doing their jobs as they should "get with the program!" It takes all hands rowing the same direction to make this ship move swiftly, and swiftly is exactly what we need. I've heard many times over the years that "it's THEIR company to mis-manage." To this I call "bull****." It's our company; we are the ones who operate it; the managers are the ones who come, try to mark their territory, and are gone just about as quickly as they came. We are the "Rock of Gibraltar" of this company; the management is not. We have our task cut out for us, so let's get going!

Ladies and gentlemen: Many of us voted NOT in accordance with our beliefs, but in accordance with our gut instincts and concern for ALL of us, not just ourselves. I am one of those. I'm "over the bridge"; I can retire today if I want to. I had to think about the well-being of my brethren who have many years in, but not quite enough to be "over the bridge." granted, the crest of that hypothetical bridge varies depending on which pension plan you're in. So...this is done. Even though I frequently disagree with James Hoffa and Tyson Johnson, I have to give them credit for the press release that accompanied the vote result. In that press release, they stated quite bluntly that we "are going to hold this company's feet to the fire, and demand that they manage the company's finances responsibly." That, dear brethren, is exactly what we need to do. The Overland Park management has demonstrated that they are seriously challenged to make good decisions for the benefit of our company, its employees and its customers. That is where we must step up. We must demand accountability, we must demand correct decisions (that's what they're primarily getting paid for), we must demand follow-through on our input for process improvement, we must demand RESULTS from our sales force, we must demand timely dispatches (particularly in linehaul), we must demand that things be done right! In the same vein, we have to do our jobs and we have to demand that our brethren who aren't doing their jobs as they should "get with the program!" It takes all hands rowing the same direction to make this ship move swiftly, and swiftly is exactly what we need. I've heard many times over the years that "it's THEIR company to mis-manage." To this I call "bull****." It's our company; we are the ones who operate it; the managers are the ones who come, try to mark their territory, and are gone just about as quickly as they came. We are the "Rock of Gibraltar" of this company; the management is not. We have our task cut out for us, so let's get going!

Well said, and if more were like you we wouldn't be in this situation

I would be too afraid they might drown in it!!! But what did we expect when Zollars bought the whole industry right?

You are correct, I shouldn't have said there isn't ONE.. because there could be one or two who have agreed to be less.... (sad isn't it)

You win...

I'm going to go to sleep now... your unhappiness has worn me out....

HOPE you have a nice night... week... year etc... :)
You can tell everyone here about how you never really admitted defeat. You did what most cowards do, go behind some ones back. You know the little reputation red block you gave me. Be a man and argue here don't try to smear my name because you get your rear kicked arguing the facts.

You know what is funny, where are all of the no voters now? I hope they do leave I'm tired of them.

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION.....I am NOT going anywhere....Did I come on here and ask (or demand) that the YES voters leave and go somewhere else 3 weeks ago when the vote was 2 to 1 NO?
Yall grow up....besides, I want to be here for the next one....KK

I voted NO the first time around because there were no negotiations and I'm smart enough to know there was no way they were going to close the doors and a better offer was only one negotiation away. The reason I voted yes the second time was because I knew it was the beat we would probably be offered and it wasn't worth the risk to go back to the well. Instead of bashing all the no voters, be thankful we voted no the first time in order to get a better deal this time around. Now we have to come together and hope in 2018/2019 we don't have to do it again. Its time to move on, it's a done deal and every yrc employee is still employed under a better contract that was first offered!
Extreme, you did exactly the right thing. I voted yes/yes. I was very uncomfortable with my first vote because of the lack of IBT involvement and very comfortable with my second vote. I would like to thank you and all of the others that voted the way you did for the reasons that you did.

as a road driver if i avg. 55 mph thats 29$ an hour 21$ for clocktime about 250$ a week paid by the company for my ins. aint no burger flipper making that. get real!!!!

Ya but they don't have to get there body's beat up ,or put up with bad weather or traffic the difference is hazard pay.Well when I was driving.I was making $35 a hr at 55mph .I guess it feels good going backward to catch up to minimum wage.

as a road driver if i avg. 55 mph thats 29$ an hour 21$ for clocktime about 250$ a week paid by the company for my ins. aint no burger flipper making that. get real!!!!

Ya but they don't have to get there body's beat up ,or put up with bad weather or traffic the difference is hazard pay.Well when I was driving.I was making $35 a hr at 55mph .I guess it feels good going backward to catch up to minimum wage.Show how dumb you are you pay for Health care and pension out of your wages The company does not pay then out of the goodness of there heart it was negotiated for you out of your wages.

Ya but they don't have to get there body's beat up ,or put up with bad weather or traffic the difference is hazard pay.Well when I was driving.I was making $35 a hr at 55mph .I guess it feels good going backward to catch up to minimum wage.Show how dumb you are you pay for Health care and pension out of your wages The company does not pay then out of the goodness of there heart it was negotiated for you out of your wages.

Health care and pension DO NOT come out of your wages. They are provided in addition to your wages as part of your total compensation package. Have you paid income tax on your health care and pension contributions? Are those amounts included on your W-2 gross earnings?

hmmm standing together????? really???? you all voted no so my family could of lost everything and been on the streets? hmmmmmm keep the doors open and then STAND together and work something out!!! if the doors weren't open how the heck do we stand together??? on the streets pan handling???

If you would be homeless and on the street panhandling because YRC closed the doors, you are living well beyond your means. You might want to work on you financial situation. Just because there was a yes vote doesn't mean they still can't close the doors at some point..and I would sure hate to see you on the street.

Extreme, you did exactly the right thing. I voted yes/yes. I was very uncomfortable with my first vote because of the lack of IBT involvement and very comfortable with my second vote. I would like to thank you and all of the others that voted the way you did for the reasons that you did.

so glad you are happy to be led and swayed by someone who couldnt give a rats behind if you lived or die .
its a disgrace that you dont have a brain of your own
you should change that id to underjimmy

Stupid people are never ashamed of what they do take Honey Boo Boo for example!! You missed the forest for the trees lib. They were never gonna close these doors because then the audits start. Remember Enron? You cant say on one hand we are broke and then give yourself and most of your cronies triple your salary in bonuses i.e. 1.4 million a piece to the top 4 brass. Also remember that one of the guys responsible for this lube job got a 5.1 million dollar bonus. And our 750 whatever you want to call it "trick" is my word, at 26000 workers not 30000 comes out to 19,500,000. Go back to your trailer park and drink a beer cause you believed the lie they spoon fed you. Nobody wanted to close this company they just wanted a better deal than the crap they sold us.

no they will be here till the day they die because you sheep have voted away any chance of getting a pension and no other reason

That would seem to make the case for seeking other Employment stronger, as opposed to, "having" to stay now that there is no chance at getting a Pension....(which is not true as regards the Pension)

you are right you might get a tiny tiny pension .i know you will live high on the hog if you are in central states . have a great life on $1200 a month after 30+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.