TForce | UPS Freight contract negotiations?

Originally Posted by Accelerator
And T251 we do get 1\2 contibution up to 7% contributed to our 401K in the form of stock's by UPS quarterly. The only benifit too having this is if the stock split's.

the stock would have just as much value if it never split. the only reason a company splits a stock is so the little man can buy it. warren buffet who runs berkshire hathaway inc. has never split the stock. the class "a" shares are trading at $109,000 a share and the class "b" shares @ $3643 per share

HUH? If you put in 5000 of your own money they will give you 2500 in stock! You dont consider that a benefit? And by the way if it splits you still have the same 2500. A split means they cut the price in half and double your shares. They think people will buy it because its cheaper thus driving the price higher. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. The company still has to perform to impress investors.

Yes, I understand how it works, Let me ask you this , when you recieved "O" stock, and the price of the stock doubled in price, did you not make a profit, when it was sold , and if the stock split to a lower price and then sold at a premium, then can we say that you earned more monies then you would have if the stock never split ?

I am not inferring
That this is a poor benifit,,, and I apoligize for saying this. I actually meant that we do currently get a contribution of stock, by UPS quarterly.

I cant understand how ppl can just rally up to the teamsters when they are taking money from the brown side, that ppl have worked for, hell i have a buddy, and he put a crap load of years in and not getting crap, and they say it getting better,for teamsters bulls*it lose team you ask me..........

The teamster local barn was the one that went and ignored the international and got the cards signed and then filed a petition. I spoke to a farmingdale road driver this morning. He says that there were meetings all week and an election will be held at the end of january. the company is not honoring the signed cards

Why is local 804 allowing this? In unity there is strength. This is risky for Farmingdale. We don't need an assortment of different contracts within the company? What happend to ONE COMPANY, ONE UNION???:nutkick:

T251,
Is it true that if we become union that everyone then has the same seniority date and seniority is based by last name? I heard this from my TM. I checked with another union driver and he was not sure. He stated he did not know, but had heard the same thing at one time. That we would have new seniority dates because we would all join the union at the same time. Trying to find the truth....

NO, Never heard of such a thing. Your date of hire with "O" or UPSF will be your seniority status.

I cant understand how ppl can just rally up to the teamsters when they are taking money from the brown side, that ppl have worked for, hell i have a buddy, and he put a crap load of years in and not getting crap, and they say it getting better,for teamsters bulls*it lose team you ask me..........
Just a thought. I gave "O" now UPSF a lot of years in well deserved OT pay. I hardly was out sick and the best they could do was "buy back" my sick time at half the rate. Did a stint at linehaul too and gave my money to the company because I had to sit and they couldn't make intellegent decisions. Not to mention the times that, as a matter of fact, still happen today where a junior driver starts before me. Love seeing the company save money on the wages and screw me the......... gag, OT!! Oh and the .4% big raise. The only thing that I recieved that was bigger was the 15% increase in our pathetic insurance. And sadly I could go on. Maybe these things do not apply to you Foose, but for the majority of us they certainly do. You may be asking yourself why I'm still working here if I'm not happy with the working conditions? Well my questions to you is why is your buddy sticking it out if he is getting screwed soooo badly? The IBT can't get here soon enough!!

They match 50% of your contribution. But the eligible part of your contribution is capped at the first 7% of your pay. 50,000yr x 7% = 3500 x 50% = 1750 match. The match is given in the form of UPS stock. Your $75 would get 37.50.

How do I get Fedx stock in my 401 instead of UPSF stock match? Have you seen the difference in $$$ per share.:hysterical:

Just a thought. I gave "O" now UPSF a lot of years in well deserved OT pay. I hardly was out sick and the best they could do was "buy back" my sick time at half the rate. Did a stint at linehaul too and gave my money to the company because I had to sit and they couldn't make intellegent decisions. Not to mention the times that, as a matter of fact, still happen today where a junior driver starts before me. Love seeing the company save money on the wages and screw me the......... gag, OT!! Oh and the .4% big raise. The only thing that I recieved that was bigger was the 15% increase in our pathetic insurance. And sadly I could go on. Maybe these things do not apply to you Foose, but for the majority of us they certainly do. You may be asking yourself why I'm still working here if I'm not happy with the working conditions? Well my questions to you is why is your buddy sticking it out if he is getting screwed soooo badly? The IBT can't get here soon enough!!

I personally wan't to Thank You for giving the company all this free time. Because of employee's like you, The company can afford to give such generous turkey coupon gifts.:hysterical:

Why is local 804 allowing this? In unity there is strength. This is risky for Farmingdale. We don't need an assortment of different contracts within the company? What happend to ONE COMPANY, ONE UNION???:nutkick:

I spoke to the road driver again this morning. He said that the new vice president was there yesterday and today giving meetings along with mike m*****. He said local 804 is is using the drivers as pawns. The international is against it and it is not backed by the teamsters. I think the Farmingdale employees are in trouble if they vote them in. The eelection is scheduled for the end of january.

I spoke to the road driver again this morning. He said that the new vice president was there yesterday and today giving meetings along with mike morgan. He said local 804 is is using the drivers as pawns. The international is against it and it is not backed by the teamsters. I think the Farmingdale employees are in trouble if they vote them in. The eelection is scheduled for the end of january.

You seem awfully clsoe to this election and very interested in its outcome, why.
Are you in FRM?

Why would the employees of FRM be in trouble if they vote in the teamster or become the prudical son of the Teamster Indy contract network and secure their own contract.

It's been done before. UPS has two contracts The Master and the Chicago area 705 or 710 something like that.

If things are heating up in FRM why can the employees take it upion their selves and exercize thier organizing rights, reguardless if the IBT has their blessing or not. Maybe this is actually a IBT move to speed up Indy if the company is dragging thier feet.
Seems if FRM negioted a better contract than Indy, the company may have a losing situation and have to meet or exceed FRM.

I'd like to hear your facts and reasons why.
All you do is throw indoendoes out there and "I think(s)"

Tell us why it would be trouble or such a horrible move and why are they being used as pawns and why you are listening to a USPF VP's advice about the union situation.

Also the last time I checked Local 804 is Teamsters so how could the vote not be backed by the Teamsters?

T251

I personally wan't to Thank You for giving the company all this free time. Because of employee's like you, The company can afford to give such generous turkey coupon gifts.:hysterical:

I want to know who forced him to stay. That's what I can never figure out.:hysterical:

I say is there a interperter in the house?
Sometimes I have a hard time being understood on this message board.

Sometimes I don't get what others are trying to say?

I think this is just the truckers mentality.
You've got to keep it simple.

Cause it can get so very Corn-fusing now,and again????

You seem awfully clsoe to this election and very interested in its outcome, why.
Are you in FRM?

Why would the employees of FRM be in trouble if they vote in the teamster or become the prudical son of the Teamster Indy contract network and secure their own contract.

It's been done before. UPS has two contracts The Master and the Chicago area 705 or 710 something like that.

If things are heating up in FRM why can the employees take it upion their selves and exercize thier organizing rights, reguardless if the IBT has their blessing or not. Maybe this is actually a IBT move to speed up Indy if the company is dragging thier feet.
Seems if FRM negioted a better contract than Indy, the company may have a losing situation and have to meet or exceed FRM.

Tell us why it would be trouble or such a horrible move and why are they being used as pawns and why you are listening to a USPF VP's advice about the union situation.

Also the last time I checked Local 804 is Teamsters so how could the vote not be backed by the Teamsters?

T251

I am an extra board driver in newburgh. I am only relaying information that I am hearing. I have no idea what is being discussed in the meetings (your comment of "listening to a UPGF VP's advice). "What is being told to me", there is a letter that was signed by Hoffa that was sent out to all the teamster local presidents advising them not to sign cards or petition for representation until Indy was settled. Once again, this is what is being told to me by the Farmingdale road driver. I do not know how true this is. I care what is going on throughout all the terminals here and it may affect my future here. Being this is the 2nd terminal that is seeking to be organized, I am interested in the outcome as I am sure everyone else employed here is as well.
I want to know why you seem to be so interested in us since you are not an employee of this division. Could it be that you want to keep your pension secure and are trying to recruit us to fund your depleting pension?

Are you in FRM?

T251

One Company, One Union, NOT
In the North all the terminals are waiting for this Indy: Contract. All the terminals are in touch with there locals, All the cards a signed. But why should we all wait. Lets skip the Indy waiting game and lets disregard the plan that the teamsters set in place for a victory win company wide. And lets do what Farmingdale is doing. We don't need unity and strength. Lets just do it on our own.:chairshot:

Again I heard that the election will be Jan 26th. This involves local 804. supposedly the local is butting heads with Hoffa and decided to go against waiting for indy to be negotiated. The international is not happy with this. According to the driver, he stated that there is no support for the union there right now.

WHAT??? According to the driver there is no union support there right now? Yet the local is butting heads with Hoffa to not wait for Indy? So all this is going on because there is no union support there?:duh: