TForce | UPS Freight to ‘empty network’ ahead of potential strike

what dont you understand about the ibt selling their members out? you dont think you'd be in a better position had the ibt not FORCED that garbage contract onto package?

are you really trying to blame this on the membership? they see how crooked the ibt has become, and you are sitting there blaming them?
They negotiated and UPS won’t budge on its final offer.Its garbage and everyone knows it ,That’s why your gonna walk and not talk,Or expect this piece of crap ,UPS is calling your bluff.They fully believe you guys are weak.Don’t blame any body but UPS for trying to put you on the street ,They are the ones,Not the IBT.No one from the hall or international has recommended this contract and you know this .There playing on your fears.Call there bluff ,or eat there garbage.

They negotiated and UPS won’t budge on its final offer.Its garbage and everyone knows it ,That’s why your gonna walk and not talk,Or expect this piece of crap ,UPS is calling your bluff.They fully believe you guys are weak.Don’t blame any body but UPS for trying to put you on the street ,They are the ones,Not the IBT.No one from the hall or international has recommended this contract and you know this .There playing on your fears.Call there bluff ,or eat there garbage.
Yes, put yourselves out of work or except the pay and benefits that you are currently receiving. The choice is completely ours.

Everytime you post something like this, anyone who reads it will know you don't have their best interests in mind.
If you have to use insults to make an argument, your argument is already lost.
You may be right. But it gets old listening to people not willing to fight for a better contract because they’re not thinking things through.

You may be right. But it gets old listening to people not willing to fight for a better contract because they’re not thinking things through.
I am sure every employee we have wants the best contract possible but you really need to know when the cards are stacked against you and believe they are totally stacked against us. UPS win this one.

If you vote yes and this passes, the deck will be permanently stacked against us. And the union at UPS Freight will effectively be dead!

It already is effectively dead. The union is here to collect dues money, and enforce the most rudimentary parts of the contract.

I have to accept that, if I wish to work here.

I have thought it through.
I'd rather have a good paying job with great benefits, than throw it all away.
Like I said, I won’t be a doormat and accept raises that are below the rate of inflation when the company is profitable, receiving a huge tax cut from Congress and growing in a good economy.

Pricing dictates who gets what freight today,I remember in 94 we were busy for 2 months after the strike and that lasted a month.All the business will come back especially the contracted business.
The difference between 1994 and now is the non-union LTL network was very small. Now 4 of the top 6 LTL carriers are non-union and have the network that is the same or bigger then the union carriers. So go ahead and strike the non-union LTL has the equipment and personal to handle the freight that will be left on the dock by UPSF

One last thing: How many of those 20 or so union companies that strikes in 1994 are still in business and moving freight. I can think of 3 or 4

https://www.ttnews.com/top100/ltl/2018

The difference between 1994 and now is the non-union LTL network was very small. Now 4 of the top 6 LTL carriers are non-union and have the network that is the same or bigger then the union carriers. So go ahead and strike the non-union LTL has the equipment and personal to handle the freight that will be left on the dock by UPSF

One last thing: How many of those 20 or so union companies that strikes in 1994 are still in business and moving freight. I can think of 3 or 4

https://www.ttnews.com/top100/ltl/2018
I guess I’ll just give in then? I’m voting NO.

ZeYgpnb.jpg

:usa: